• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum will be undergoing some maintenance on Saturday Jan 19th and may not look normal. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last for only for up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

3. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION From 0 to Freedom in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Chapas, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Chapas

Chapas Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Day 27 - Just One Of These Stupid Days

Sometimes not everything goes as planned. Especially in business. Everything on my agenda today - absolutely didnt go as planned.

1: Was supposed to have a call with a PT lead. Unfortunately she was busy with clients. So we rescheduled for tomorrow.

2: Was supposed to have another call with another PT lead. We did not really agree on time, but she did not reply to my email after I asked her what time would suit her (even though she asked me if we should talk today). Did not want to be pushy, and I guess she was just busy. Will try to write her tomorrow and get her on a call Friday.

3: Was supposed to launch my coach clients campaign today. She is just so slow, and I still have not received her account ID number, even though I am ready with her campaign. Do not want to chase her down anymore as I have more important prospects. Hopefully she will find her ID number and send it tomorrow, so we can launch her campaigns.

4: Had 99 % ready of my Fitness clients campaign, but I messed up some technicalities here late in the evening that I need her help for. Unfortunately, she went to bed already so her campaign will only be launched tomorrow.

5: Still did not have time to review my US leads or send out the cold emails which I was supposed to start today. I will wait a couple of days with that.

Even though today did not go as planned, tomorrow there is a new day. And it will be really hectic I believe!

The agenda for tomorrow:

1. Launch campaign for Fitness Client
    2. MAYBE launch campaign for Coach client
    3. Scheduled call with warm PT lead
    4. Scheduled call with Chiro lead
    5. Reschedule call with another warm PT lead
    6. Schedule call with one more warm PT lead for hopefully Friday
    7. Prepare campaign for PT client to launch on Friday
    8. Prepare ideas for another Chiro lead that she will pitch to her partners on Friday

Busy, busy day. But I like it. I think there is a good chance that I will gain at least 2 new trial clients by the end of the week. Most of all I am just so eager to run those campaigns to see if I can really help people get more clients! Which I believe I can!

Cheers for our future success fellow fastlaners!

maikooo likes this.
  2. maikooo

maikooo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Idea - instead of discount, offer free add-on/up-sell, e.g. filling with dental hygene or something ... discounts have a bad rep anyway ...

Chapas likes this.
  3. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    S
    "Shoot for Mars, end up on the Moon" :) Good enough ... wish you success

Kid and Chapas like this.
  4. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Interested to hear more about Estonia. Will send you a PM

Chapas and Strm like this.
  5. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Keep plowing forward man! Inspiring to see your updates, cheers

Chapas likes this.
  6. Sander

Sander But I get up again... Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,877
    Great process so far. Nice to see another Dane here. Wish you all the best with this journey!

Chapas likes this.
  7. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Day 28 - The Mother Nature Factor

Another day that did not go as planned. This is a reminder to all of us that we are just all small players in this game, and that mother nature will always be above us.

It has now been over 24 hours since the electricity broke down in not only just our city, but also the neighboring cities. And it is still down. From what I hear they have never had this kind of power outage here in Montenegro. Really good timing for one of my busiest days haha.

Fortunately all of my trial clients are really understanding of the situation. So as soon as the power comes on today (hopefully) I will have to launch 2 or 3 campaigns. Let's hope for the best!

I still managed to have 2 calls with potential prospects. The first call was a personal trainer and she agreed to be my trial client. I will start creating her campaigns next week. The second one was a chiropractor. He needed more clients and sounded really interested. So I am 90 percent sure that I will get him on as a trial client as well.

So at least something good happened yesterday! Honestly, it was kind of relaxing not to have any power. Just to be disconnected for a whole day from the real world. I think this is what you need sometimes. Even though the streets looked like something from The Purge with no lights anywhere haha.

Let's cheers to success, action taking and no power outage anymore though!

Kid, maikooo and Longinus like this.
  8. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Can you please elaborate this one? Not sure I quite understood it

9. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Thanks buddy! Will try my best to update as much as possible.

maikooo likes this.
  10. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Tak makker! Indeed great to see another Dane in here. I count 3 so far. Maybe we are even more? I will shoot you a PM one of these days. Always nice to connect with a fellow fastlaner from Denmark!

11. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Day 29 - Finally Online Again

So I am finally online again. More than 24 hours without power ended last night. I will never underestimate the privilige of a hot meal and a hot shower again.

Most important, we are finally online with my first trial clients Facebook campaign!

Her company runs outdoor fitness bootcamps. Our offer is 2 weeks of free training. So far our numbers look like this:

Campaign running: 20 hours
    Budget spent: Approx 5 USD
    Reach: Approx 400 people
    Landing Page Views: 35

So far i am pretty satisfied as it is the first campaign I have ever ran. Like FIRST EVER.

The sample is still small and I am still split testing two variations of the ad.

Today I am launching campaigns for two other trial clients as well. One NLP Coach who has a workshop on Thursday (very little time) and one Personal Trainer who needs clients for a 10 week Bootcamp.

Exciting times. Think I am getting addicted to this entrepreneurship thing!

amxr, 23Infinity, Conor506 and 3 others like this.
  12. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Sure, so instead of let's say selling filling procedure with 20-30% discount, let them make a special offer where the filling stays the same price, but you package it with dental hygiene (sanding the teeth, etc.) or whatever package makes sense. That might go OK with the law.

Chapas likes this.
  13. Conor506

Conor506 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Awesome! Very inspiring to hear your story and now your first results!

I'm about to embark on a similar path myself. I've designed a few wesbsites for people and about to take the last and second test for Google Ads certification.

Was always nervous about Facebook ads but now you've inspired me to maybe try that next depending on how things go with Google Ads.

BTW, 24 hours without power is rough. I've lived in Thailand for ten years now and never gone more than six hours without electricity here.

Chapas, Strm and maikooo like this.
  14. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Seasoned Action-Faker Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,973
    For PPC that’s a terrible idea.

What if the client never gets a sale?

What if you spend 20 hours working on a campaign with no results?

You won’t get paid for that time.

Some businesses/products/industries just simply wont perform well on FB Ads

15. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    If not sales, what results do you sell them? Pretty pictures and words?

16. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Seasoned Action-Faker Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,973
    They’re not buying the results, they’re buying the process. The results keep them coming back...

...because we can’t guarantee them good results.

You should run from any marketer that guarantees you a certain result.

I have a few issues with performance-based pricing:
    1. The PPC manager assumes 100% if the risk. No results? Oh well, the client carries on and the manager can never get that time back. At least with a flat-rate, they can still break even for their time.
    2. What’s stopping the client from walking away after they see success?
    3. What if the client simply lies about the number of sales generated?
    4. If sales dollars are the KPI here, then you better hope your client can close those leads. This is out of your control yet could cost you your income.
    *If you're advertising for an e-commerce store, you can disregard #3 and #4.
    Performance or commission based pricing assumes the marketer 100% of the risk yet relies on having a competent businesses owner/sales team to make something of if work.

Marketers are an integral part of any business. We're not salesmen.

maikooo, Chapas and Kid like this.
  17. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Thanks buddy!

I think you should focus on Google Ads first and excel in that. I wanted to do Google Ads myself aswell, but decided to put 100 % of my energy into learning Facebook Ads first. But you should definately give Facebook Ads a go at some point. It seems to work!

It was really unlucky with the power haha. There is 2 main electricity-routes that keep this whole region powered on. And BOTH of them got damaged that day. What are the odds haha.

Where do you live in Thailand? We are actually thinking of going to Thailand for 2-3 months from April or May (if the business will thrive). Would be great to network with you about Thailand and Google Ads/Facebook Ads. I will shoot you a PM one of these days :)

maikooo, amxr and Conor506 like this.
  18. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Aaah yes. I have seen Chiropractors also using this tactic. I will definately think about this one. It seems to be within the law :)

maikooo and amxr like this.
  19. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680

This is a very valuable post, and I agree with you.

I noticed there are a lot of companies in Denmark doing compensation based marketing. I am definately not going to follow that strategy.
    Especially the control part here is an important point. There is absolutely no way that I can control how many clients my clients will close. Even though I do not expect my clients to lie to me - it is still out of my control.

I like to point out to my clients that for this to work we need 2 things: I need to perform my best to bring them leads, and they need to perform their best to bring value to the new prospects and close them later on. This is one of the first things I point out, because otherwise it will not work. I can bring 1000 leads a month for a client, but if he or she cannot close them it does not matter. In the end they will fire me, even though it is their fault for not closing.

Fully agree with everything that you wrote here!

maikooo and amxr like this.
  20. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Day 31 - Almost One Month In This Game

Cannot believe it has been 1 month since I started this progress threads. I have learned SOOOO much in a month. Even though I have not made a single penny yet, I could not have imagined such a progress to be honest. This is the most consistent and hard-working I have ever been. It is like an addiction now, and I am so much in this game that there is no way back for me. Will write a more detailed post about the first month tomorrow, and what I expect from the second month.

Updates:

• So things are looking really good for my first ever Facebook Ads campaign for my fitness client. So far our numbers are:

Campaign running
      : Approx 72 hours
      Budget spent: Approx 24 USD
      Reach: 1725 people
      Landing Page Views: 120

I have split-tested for 3 days now. Tomorrow I will analyze the data, and try to make the campaign even more effective! I am still making some mistakes as this is my first campaign, but I am really proud of the results so far.

• Launched my second campaign for another fitness client to gather 6 people for her 10-weeks bootcamp. This one is a more difficult one, as I offered her to do a lead magnet in form of a free session, but due to the fact that she needs to travel she could not do that. So we decided to go for a 10 % discount instead. Issue is that the offer is simply not good enough, and the budget is too low to see results this quickly. I am trying to convince her to use that lead magnet, however, she has not replied me since yesterday. Really not my fault if this campaign will not succed.

• Launched a third campaign for a Coach client today. She has been really slow because she has been busy, and I had to help her with so many technicalities. Issue is that her Workshop event is on Thursday already, and there is little to no time for us to promote it. Again, if this campaign do not work out, then it has been out of my hands.

• Working out a campaign for a Personal Trainer. Will launch within the next couple of days. This lady is the sweetest ever and very collaborative. Seems like the perfect client! I believe that this is one I can have succes with.

• Landed a 5th trial client today. She has a lot of experience being a Personal Trainer for 10 years with more than 5000 clients. Now she is creating her online products as she is moving to another country. When she has her online products ready in 3-4 weeks hopefully, I will give it a go!

• Chiro client is still interested, and I sent him another email explaining some of my ideas. Think I will get him on board later this week as a trial client. Will be good to have a Chiro in my portfolio!
    I am starting to value myself more and more. Now I can see that I actually am capable of delivering some results for my clients. I will learn to be more confident and convince them to take action and listen to my ideas. I will also be more picky in the future. Like the coach client. She is the least important in my portfolio, but she has taken up so much of my time. And now we barely have time to create some results for her.

I am also learning more and more about Facebook Ads everyday. You can read and watch so many videos, but it first when you actually start to work with it you really learn. And big thanks to @Lucas Lee-Tyson ! Your advice has been golden, and will help me avoid many mistakes in my future campaigns :-D

I am also starting to systemize things. It takes much less time for me to create a campaign now. I duplicate a lot of what I have had success with. I will try to systemize things more and more.

What Are The Plans For Tomorrow?

- While I am writing this my fitness bootcamp client actually replied me, and I will somehow change her campaign to include the lead magnet aswell. This will give us a much greater chance of succeeding. That I will do tomorrow!

- Will finish up the campaign for my new PT trial client and hopefully launch tomorrow or Wednesday.

- Tomorrow I will FINALLY start my US Cold Email campaign. No excuses! Will send 20 emails out tomorrow. This time not looking for trial clients, but for PAID ones.

- Tomorrow I will follow-up on all of my interested potential prospects, that somehow have been to busy to reply me. Hopefully I can get a couple of them on board.

Thank you guys for tuning in. Lets continue our hustle!

Strm, Longinus, maikooo and 4 others like this.
  21. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Awesome results! And great insights! Thanks for sharing

Chapas likes this.
  22. maikooo

Rep Bank:
    $495
    Thanks for the clarification. Very good points ...

Now I see I should have been more clear about what I mean with the "results". Of course, you can't base your performance based pay on sales your client should do ... or anything that is out of your control for that matter.

What I meant was the "leads" as results. Your client should have some kind of idea how much they are able to close if you bring them e.g. 100 leads (assuming they are high quality leads). E.g. If I as a client am able to close 2 out of 100 and the average revenue from that closed customer is 2x $2000, whatever your negotiation power, you can get paid well. That of course works with the fact that your client is good at closing. That depends on the maturity of the client and the industry. I have seen a lot of success cases where people charge only per lead (CPA so to say) and they are doing immensely well. Yet again, depends on the client and industry.

Don't agree with the 2nd part of this. If we are in business, we must be salespeople. How else do we sell our services then? :)

Chapas likes this.
  23. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Thanks for the support buddy!

I actually think the bigger you grow and the more you excel at your skills, then the more commission based pay actually makes sense. Right now I do not want to experiment with it because I do not have the cashflow to do it. The variance can be to big. Would be scared to not know if I will make 500 USD or 5000 USD next month.

I remember when I worked in telemarketing (sales). Our company had 3 payment structures:

1. You could work on a base salary
    2. You could work on 50 % base salary and 50 % commission.
    3. You could work solely on commission

It was funny to see how those working only on the base salary sold MUCH LESS than those working on solely on commission. Those working solely on commission were by far more motivated and were by far better salesmen than the ones working without commission.

I never understood the fact that they gave the option for people to work without commission. How are you supposed to motivate yourself as a sales person if you do not get commission of what you sell.

Long story short. What I ment to say that I also believe that commission based pay can be really effective. You just have to be at a point in your life where you are willing to take higher risks and be 120 % confident that you can hit certain numbers month after month :)

24. Chapas

Rep Bank:
    $1,680
    Day 33 - How To Make It In America

Anybody ever seen this show? About two young designers/entrepreneurs hustling their way through the fashion scene of New York City. Cannot believe they shut down that show after just 2 seasons! Gutted!

Got carried away. This thread is not supposed to be about tv-shows. Just got a little nostalgic when I thought of the headline. This thread is about some updates on some exciting US news I have to share. First some small updates:

- My first campaign has slowed down a little, but it is still getting sign ups. I have analyzed the data and plan to change the ad sets tomorrow, so we can get even more effective with it.

- My campaign for my Coach client is ending tomorrow. Not one single ticket sale for her event. But what to expect when we launch the campaign 2,5 days before the event and so far only spent around 13 dollars (when a ticket for the event cost 38). This campaigned was doomed to fail from the beginning due to the slow response from the trial client. I was ready to launch it in the beginning of January, and then I believe we could actually have seen some results. Well, it happens!

- I have changed around the campaign for my 3rd trial client. Again we have a time limit here, as we are offering a free training session for Wednesday the 23th of January. Our goal is to get 6 signups. Not easy, but not impossible. Will keep you updated about this one!

- Was supposed to have a call today with a prospect. We called each other twice without getting hold of each other, so we agreed a time for tomorrow and will have the meeting then.

- Another potential lead wrote me if I could get on a call with her this week. Also a PT. Hopefully I can get her on a call tomorrow or Friday.

- 75 % finished with my campaign for my 4th trial client. Pretty positive that we will launch in the upcoming days as well.

- Aaaaaand now for the MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF THE DAY! I started my US Cold Email campaign yesterday. Sent out 10 emails yesterday and 10 today. Tonight I got an email from an owner of a Fitness Studio in New Jersey: "When can we have a meeting?". SO excited that my cold email campaign is also working in the US. We have set up a meeting for Friday. So excited and also a bit nervous. English is not my main language and havent spoken it for a while. But who needs the comfort zone anyways!

I will soon need to read up and watch some videos about sales and closing clients. I feel that the time is coming soon where I will have to start closing. Very exciting times ahead. Will keep you guys updated!

Strm, Young Money, RoadTrip and 2 others like this.
  25. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,046
    Congrats!

Chapas likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.