The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Friday Night Glory

Anything related to matters of the mind

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
It's 7:35 pm here and my phone was humming and buzzing all day from all the messages and updates of people planning their Friday Night Glory. I disconnected my phone from my Wifi to make the madness stop.

Movie nights, club nights, dinner dates or just having the occasional end-of-the-work-day-beer? A platter full of colorful choices about how to "have fun". Choices that usually involve lots of alcohol so that you don't have to think too much during the rest of the weekend.

The choice is mine.

I am sitting here on a Skype call with a fellow fastlane apprentice and we are tweaking a landing page. We have been on this call for nearly 2 hours and it will take some more time.

Why would I waste my Friday night?

Because the work I put in now will help me free myself from the sharp claws of the sidewalk and from the slick tentacles of the slowlane.

When I explain my friends why I choose to spend my Friday night's like this, week over week, they only laugh at me in disbelief. They don't understand how I prefer a lonely office over a club packed with hot and fashionable people. They tell me going out and drinking is good for business. They call it networking. While there are exceptions to the rule, it's basically an excuse to wake up with empty pockets and a buzzing head the next morning. Weekend after weekend, until they wake up one day in their 50ies.

No thank you.

I am sitting at my desk, working "on" instead of "in" my business. I am getting more work done on a Friday night than during a normal week day, because hey, I want my clients to be the happiest they have ever been! I am getting more work done now than some of my friends on a normal day at the office, maybe even more than some of them get done in two days.

A few hours well spent.

This is my Friday Night Glory.

The choice is ours.

Every minute, every day, every week, every year.

What's your Friday Night Glory?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
What's your Friday Night Glory?

I'm gonna go party this evening. Not the least bit remorseful about it. A good friend of mine finally got his green card yesterday, and about a year from now will be an American.

When I think about how hard he's worked, and how patient the man's been for the last 6+ years, makes me a little misty :smile:

Also reminds me that if you keep your nose down and keep after it while everyone else is partying, you can have what they only wish they had.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Travelling with friends a ahead of a weekend away together.

Hard work is important. But don't lose sight of the importance of social interaction and friendship (particularly positive influences).

You should be working hard/efficient enough to feel comfortable taking some down time without worrying about lost opportunity.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
A finger or two of Johnnie Walker Red, some steak, maybe try my new Padron Maduro cigars.

Time with the kids and wife.

Ya know, the good stuff in life.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Another Friday today.

What will you be doing tonight?

Will you be working?

Will you be celebrating the wins of the week?

Will it be glorious?

If so, what does "glorious" mean for you?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I'll be caring for a family member that has surgery today.

I had the money to pay for it without any concern.

I have the processes in place to take the day "off" without derailing any progress or losing any income. (Although I'm not 100% income divorced from time, I'll make money today regardless)

I would call that pretty glorious!

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
No work today. Accepted an offer on a rental property yesterday that will put $50,000 net profit in my pocket in a few weeks. Could take a few months off if I cared to. I'll wait with the kids to get on the school bus, drink coffee with my wife, head to the gym for a couple hours, then run a few errands.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I'll be caring for a family member that has surgery today.

I had the money to pay for it without any concern.

I have the processes in place to take the day "off" without derailing any progress or losing any income. (Although I'm not 100% income divorced from time, I'll make money today regardless)

I would call that pretty glorious!

This is the power of the fastlane.

To be there for loved ones when they really need it.

To be there for them with physical presence and financial help.

As long as they need it.

@MidwestLandlord - that is pretty glorious indeed. Hope the surgery goes well.

This is an inspiration for all of us, well done!

No work today. Accepted an offer on a rental property yesterday that will put $50,000 net profit in my pocket in a few weeks. Could take a few months off if I cared to. I'll wait with the kids to get on the school bus, drink coffee with my wife, head to the gym for a couple hours, then run a few errands.

Awesome, that sounds like a very glorious Friday to me @levijean!

Congrats on the deal, that is massive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.