The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Copywriting Service!

Will you take free copywriting service in exchange for using it in their portfolio?

• Yes

• No

• It depends

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
(Admins: If this against the rules of this forum tell me. I'll stop this. @Vigilante )

Hi.
I'm a budding copywriter trying to build my portfolio.I'm no Gary Halbert but I can write copy way better than anything you can come up on your own.I've already read 100s of books on copywriting and have taken almost every popular copywriting course out there. I can guarantee you'll see an instant increase in sales/conversion with my copy. I can write copy for your product/service free of charge (First 5 people) in exchange for using it in my portfolio. Is anybody interested? You've nothing to lose.
Edit your post and show your actual copywriting abilities and more people will likely take you up on your offer. Hell, im always looking to have more emails and FB post wrote so show me what you got...

szaboduf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2017
Budapest, Magyarország
(Admins: If this against the rules of this forum tell me. I'll stop this. @Vigilante )

Hi.
I'm a budding copywriter trying to build my portfolio.I'm no Gary Halbert but I can write copy way better than anything you can come up on your own.I've already read 100s of books on copywriting and have taken almost every popular copywriting course out there. I can guarantee you'll see an instant increase in sales/conversion with my copy. I can write copy for your product/service free of charge (First 5 people) in exchange for using it in my portfolio. Is anybody interested? You've nothing to lose.

Selling yourself as a copywriter is especially hard: mediocre copywriting in your self-promotion is not an issue when you're, say, a plumber, but it is when someone is looking for a copywriter. Your copy here is six sentences and I counted six I's and three my's in it - as opposed to only two you's and two your's. The fourth sentence is the first one that anyone apart from you might be interested in. Maybe you've read the wrong books and taken the wrong courses; the first thing any book or course on copywriting should teach you is to focus on your (prospective) buyer's interests rather than your own.

Nonetheless, congratulations on realizing after all those books and courses that you're also going to need some practice before you become a copywriter and also that you'll have to offer your service for free or for a ridiculously low price until you have some evidence to show how good you are at it. But instead of offering your service to complete strangers on an online forum, try finding the struggling entrepreneurs in your circles in real life: extended family, close and not-so-close friends, local businesses you sometimes buy things from, maybe other local businesses etc. - and offer them your copywriting service for free. It's more likely to yield a client or two, and that is probably all that you need for establishing yourself as a veritable copywriter who can actually charge money for their services. And do it for free only for a limited period of time in which you expect demonstrable results - after that, they either see the value of your service and are willing to pay you or they don't and then it's not worth working for them.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Hi.
I'm a budding copywriter trying to build my portfolio.I'm no Gary Halbert, but I can write copy way better than anything you can come up on your own.I've already read 100s of books on copywriting and have taken almost every popular copywriting course out there. I can guarantee you'll see an instant increase in sales/conversion with my copy. I can write copy for your product/service free of charge (First 5 people) in exchange for using it in my portfolio. Is anybody interested? You've nothing to lose.

Go for something like this...

This post is for you if you run your own business...

Your business needs copy. Every business needs copy. And, I bet you're writing your own copy.

Do you fix your own car when it breaks down? Do you dig holes in your yard when your plumbing needs fixed? Probably not. You hire people to do it because they'll do a much better job than you.

That's why you need a copywriter. Sure, you COULD write your own copy, but a copywriter will do a much better job.

Listen, I'm no Gary Halbery but I'll get the job done. I'm new, but I'm well educated. I just lack a portfolio.

That's why I am offering my services, FOR FREE, to the first five people that reply to this post or send me a private message.

You get free copy, and I get a portfolio piece. It's a win/win. I can't wait to hear from you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
100s of copywriting books...

o_O

payingkarma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Sep 16, 2019
Hmmm, the comments are brutal for Vairavan...

May be he is split testing this copy against something else somewhere...

If you I would be happy to see his results....

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Edit your post and show your actual copywriting abilities and more people will likely take you up on your offer. Hell, im always looking to have more emails and FB post wrote so show me what you got...
I'm a copywriter, not a content writer. I can happily write emails for you but not FB posts.PM if you want.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Selling yourself as a copywriter is especially hard: mediocre copywriting in your self-promotion is not an issue when you're, say, a plumber, but it is when someone is looking for a copywriter. Your copy here is six sentences and I counted six I's and three my's in it - as opposed to only two you's and two your's. The fourth sentence is the first one that anyone apart from you might be interested in. Maybe you've read the wrong books and taken the wrong courses; the first thing any book or course on copywriting should teach you is to focus on your (prospective) buyer's interests rather than your own.

Nonetheless, congratulations on realizing after all those books and courses that you're also going to need some practice before you become a copywriter and also that you'll have to offer your service for free or for a ridiculously low price until you have some evidence to show how good you are at it. But instead of offering your service to complete strangers on an online forum, try finding the struggling entrepreneurs in your circles in real life: extended family, close and not-so-close friends, local businesses you sometimes buy things from, maybe other local businesses etc. - and offer them your copywriting service for free. It's more likely to yield a client or two, and that is probably all that you need for establishing yourself as a veritable copywriter who can actually charge money for their services. And do it for free only for a limited period of time in which you expect demonstrable results - after that, they either see the value of your service and are willing to pay you or they don't and then it's not worth working for them.
Thanks for your honest feedback. Don't judge a book by it's cover.I'm not pitching anything here. I just made an announcement that I'm doing a free service.

instead of offering your service to complete strangers on an online forum, try finding the struggling entrepreneurs in your circles in real life: extended family, close and not-so-close friends, local businesses you sometimes buy things from, maybe other local businesses etc

But nobody in my country knows what copywriting is. They believe it has something to do with legal work.

Anyway, I got some offers from Reddit for my portfolio.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Go for something like this...

This post is for you if you run your own business...

Your business needs copy. Every business needs copy. And, I bet you're writing your own copy.

Do you fix your own car when it breaks down? Do you dig holes in your yard when your plumbing needs fixed? Probably not. You hire people to do it because they'll do a much better job than you.

That's why you need a copywriter. Sure, you COULD write your own copy, but a copywriter will do a much better job.

Listen, I'm no Gary Halbery but I'll get the job done. I'm new, but I'm well educated. I just lack a portfolio.

That's why I am offering my services, FOR FREE, to the first five people that reply to this post or send me a private message.

You get free copy, and I get a portfolio piece. It's a win/win. I can't wait to hear from you!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
For more practice after those-- especially if you can't get stats from them-- pick an affiliate product. Pick one in a niche you want to write in.

Write your best sales letter and test it against theirs as the control. Measure and track all results. Tweak and change until yours beats the control. Then advertise those results.

You'll learn and earn (and presumably improve) at the same time.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Vairavan I presume you've read Hey Whipple Squeeze This, so reread Chapter 20 about creating a portfolio.

But nobody in my country knows what copywriting is.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
For more practice after those-- especially if you can't get stats from them-- pick an affiliate product. Pick one in a niche you want to write in.

Write your best sales letter and test it against theirs as the control. Measure and track all results. Tweak and change until yours beats the control. Then advertise those results.

You'll learn and earn (and presumably improve) at the same time.
Thanks! Someone in Reddit said the same in comments. But I've already dabbled too much. Now I can only focus freelancing.

Last edited:

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
@Vairavan I presume you've read Hey Whipple Squeeze This, so reread Chapter 20 about creating a portfolio.

First one is a content writing service which I already said is different from copywriting.

The second one is an SEO company which distinguishes itself as a Copywriting company. You can see it clearly from their package. They are charging by the number of keywords.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
Fb posts and ads are different .
No. FB post can still be a type of ad. If you have access to an audience and publish a post which contains similar mechanisms to a sales letter (headline, lead, proof, CTA, guarantees, etc.) FB post becomes... can you guess it... it becomes...an ad. :notworthy:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
lol okay, in a country of 1 billion people with a GDP of $11.5 Trillion, no one knows what copywriting is. Sure!

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart

Did you mean chapter 12? The book has only 13 chapters. I've mostly forgotten what I've read.I'll re-read it for you now.

lol okay, in a country of 1 billion people with a GDP of $11.5 Trillion, no one knows what copywriting is. Sure!

You make a lot of assumptions. Ask any Indian in this forum if they know any Indian outside of this forum who knows WTF is copywriting.

Last edited:

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Did you mean chapter 12? The book has only 13 chapters. It's one of the first marketing books I've read.I've mostly forgotten what I've read.I'll re-read it for you now.

You make a lot of assumptions. Ask any Indian in this forum if they know any Indian outside of this forum who knows WTF is copywriting.
Ive outsourced many copywriting task to some very talened Indians.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Copywriting or content writing? Did they write sales pages?
Sales pages and advertisments.

I used to be a professional copywriter so I know the difference between writing copy and writing content. ;)

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Hey @Vairavan

How are you. Nice to see another someone from India here. I understand you are new, @Dan_Cardone means well. Don't get defensive. You generalized a bit when you said no one knows what copywriting is. But it's ok, I understand the sentiment. Most small local businesses here don't understand copywriting, but that's ok.

You got some great suggestions in this thread. I would second the guy who said about trying affiliate sales. For example, Udemy is popular in India as an online course site. Sign up as an affiliate at linkshare (Rakuten). Apply for Udemy (or another, if Udemy rejects you). Run some FB ads or Reddit ads to your landing page. A/B test different copy. It will cost a little for the ads, but you will a>learn a lot b> have a demonstrable example to show your future clients and c>hopefully make some money on affiliate sales! :)

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Man, you should change your attitude. Chalk what you've been told here up, and maybe you'll get those portfolio clients.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
I understand the sentiment.
Thanks mate!

Sign up as an affiliate at linkshare (Rakuten). Apply for Udemy (or another, if Udemy rejects you). Run some FB ads or Reddit ads to your landing page. A/B test different copy. It will cost a little for the ads, but you will a>learn a lot b> have a demonstrable example to show your future clients and c>hopefully make some money on affiliate sales!

If you've read my intro I originally wanted to sell an info product but I can't afford paid traffic. I already burned all of my money in traffic and copywriting courses. Since I learned a lot about copywriting for my info biz, I decided to do freelance copywriting and use that money to fund my info biz. But now you guys are asking me to do paid traffic again. Also, before the info biz, I've dabbled a lot. I've tried everything from FBA to dropshipping. It has now become a hamster wheel.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.