• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Found a motivation! I want to go live in Brazil!

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Supercar, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Supercar

Supercar Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    Greetings all!

I have achieved 95% of my earlier life goals like 10 years ago. The remaining 5% were not worth the costs that I would have to pay to get them. I tried other ventures and adventures, but eventually lost interest and motivation.

I have just found the motivation again! Last week I went on vacation in Brazil. Rio de Janeiro and Cabo Frio. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED every minute of it! Loved the country, the people, the culture, the food, the weather, the beaches, and of course the women! I smiled all the time that I was there. I want to move to live in Brazil!

I first thought my challenge would be to be able to generate a life-sustaining $30K+/year income while in Brazil. But I could probably pull this off already, if I rent out my current residence.

Another challenge is to be able to stay in the country legally for more than 180 days in a year. I will need a visa for that.

The permanent visa type that I liked the most is the Investor Visa.
    Visa policy of Brazil - Wikipedia

There is even a company that assists with everything:
    Brazilian Citizenship :: Investor Visa & Permanent Resident Card in Brazil by investment
    They make it sound pretty simple. I hope it is not a scam!

The required investment is R$500,000 (US$140,000). Or R$150,000 (US$42,000) if it is an investment into a tech company. They say that this investment can take any form, including buying a piece of land or property, and maybe even stocks, fixed income.. etc!

I know almost nothing about such investments. Where and how would I start learning?

If you have any other advice about Brazil, I am all ears!

2. Supercar

Supercar Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    SYK and Xeon like this.
  3. Mikkel

Mikkel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,213
    Just a quick note, I believe you will have to pay both US taxes and Brazilian taxes if you choose this route. Unless you decide to denounce your US citizenship.

Just something to think about. Best of luck :thumbsup:

4. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,210
    Funny, my Brazilian friends don't want to go back at all considering the high murder rates, super corrupt police (one of my friends was extorted) & frequent muggings.

Grass is greener on the other side I guess, they'd gladly trade passports with you.

Jello, Olimac21, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  5. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    I thought about that. But taxes is not a reason to stop living the life that I want to live. If I have to pay income taxes, that means I have income! Also, there are many ways to minimize those taxes.

Mikkel likes this.
  6. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    All countries have their problems. Fat and ugly dressed women, also boredom, are the biggest problems with where I live now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    UnrealCreative, Xeon and sparechange like this.
  7. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $4,210
    Nicer places than Brazil that are much safer

Kid, The Autobahn, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  8. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    Please give me the list! I am not yet done exploring the world!

9. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $4,210
    Ha I'm personally not done myself, but anywhere else in Latina America would be a superior option than Brazil. Not a fan of the highest murder rates and hear nothing but bad things from friends that grew up there.

Costa rica? Domincan Republic? Peru?

Xeon and Supercar like this.
  10. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    I think those countries may be better only statistically, on average. But in reality, you probably just need to know where to go and where not to go. Like some ares of Detroit and Chicago, the murder rates are close to 100%, but just 20 miles away we do not lock doors, cars, or worry about our Amazon packages being stolen.

I prefer bigger countries, more places to go without having to stop to cross borders. I like Portuguese more than Spanish, and I have a curiosity about all things Brazilian. I think it is Brazil for me.

lucasb and Xeon like this.
  11. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,123
    I feel your enthusiasm - I am infatuated with the thoughts of immersing myself in that area of the world. Vibrant culture, warm beaches, rainforests, adventure and exploration opportunities everywhere.

Keep us posted!

Supercar likes this.
  12. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,049
    I currently live in Belo Horizonte, Brasil as an expat since April and I also idealized the country before coming here due to my many holidays here when I was younger ( in my teen years).

Living and working here is a different story, things work very slowly and many people are very busy or distracted to get things done or have some socially interesting engagement besides partying or drinking. It is not like carnival everyday haha because working hours are long and logistics are tricky.

On the positive side, people are very friendly, weather is quite good (not a real winter lol) and is a fun place to be, with LOTS of things to see and do. Also food is amazing and for someone who has earnings in US dollars, EU or pounds can be very cheap.

If you want to live here but be in a safer place I recommend the south (Florianopolis or Curitiba are good options) and if you dont mind being far away from the beach Belo Horizonte is also good. If you want to come here in Belo Horizonte , you might be eligible for a visa by taking a portuguese course at UFMG

Portuguese for Foreigners - CENEX/FALE

In terms of other south american countries, my country Chile is a good option (Viña del Mar or Santiago) and have heard plenty of good things about Colombia (Medellin especifically).The rest of the continent is unstable in my opinion.

Feel free to message me if you have more questions, I would be happy to help you

Tom.V, Jello, Kid and 1 other person like this.
  13. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,712
    Evie likes this.
  14. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,712
    I have a friend who did a work study program in Chile. The program was through Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa and he worked for the US Ambassador to Chile. He got to meet the Mayor of Houston, Texas in Chile and the Chillean President.

Met his girlfriend there. Got his laptop stolen. Had his electricity shut down. lol.

Suzanne Bazemore and Olimac21 like this.
  15. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,049
    Hahaha is still south america so you might get your things stolen from time to time if you are unlucky.

16. Tiago

Tiago Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,408
    I live in Florianópolis, Brazil. I was born here, and lived 7 years in Germany. If you have any questions that I can help you with, let me know.

Arun Siva and Supercar like this.
  17. The Autobahn

The Autobahn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    Portugal, Spain, Europe.. even Moscow ( found the place very nice in the summer :happy: ) Hong Kong, Australia...

Olimac21 and Supercar like this.
  18. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    Europe is too cluttered. Hong Kong is too. I suffocate there. Expensive. Very few women that I actually like. Not a lifestyle upgrade from the USA for me.

Australia is too far away from all the other places that I like to visit.

I was born in Moscow. I have some family, friends and property there. I can live there for cheap. The negatives are the same as in Brazil with very few positives. Most women are like sisters, and the first thing they want is to get married. I do not want to live there. This is why I left.

19. JM35

JM35 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,545
    Not to mention the economy in Brazil is upside down right now. If you like Brazil, how about Central America? Although, you likely face some of the same crime issues depending on where you go.

20. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    I prefer bigger countries to live in. If I cross out Russia, USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, India and China, Brazil is the biggest one of those that remain.

An economic downturn is a real estate investment opportunity.

Rio is amazing. It is like a resort town with beaches and tourists, yet it is a huge city as well.

Olimac21 likes this.
  21. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,480
    You're moving to Brazil after they just elected a crackpot dictator?

Good luck with that.

SimonB and Arun Siva like this.
  22. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,645
    Is it true that most of the women in Brazil looks like these? Vivacious, energetic, bold, gorgeous.....you know.

[​IMG]

ClaverCasley, Arun Siva and Supercar like this.
  23. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    Lindas! :)

Xeon likes this.
  24. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $2,519
    The crackpot dictator said he supported gun rights. So he can't be as bad as the previous rulers, who despite the 2005 referendum de facto were not allowing gun purchases.

SquatchMan, Arun Siva and Xeon like this.
  25. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,982
    Interesting fact: Brazil has the most gun-related homicides for a country with a gun ban.

[​IMG]

OT: I don't think you have to worry as a foreigner if you use common sense. Most homicides are related to drugs and mob.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.