The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Former lurker joining up

SolitaryGlade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 25, 2023
I am a Christian, Englishman, 30 years old, and I am a business failure.

I've tried many times to start businesses in my 20's (Currency Trading, Affiliate Marketing and Freelance Logo Design) and to be honest, I have failed in every single thing I tried. I made a lot of stupid mistakes and wasted a huge amount of time doing the wrong things. I made a little bit of money, but would have made more profit, if I just stuck with 1 minimum wage job for the whole of my twenties.

The only business that really worked for me was Freelance Logo Design on Odesk using this thread: GOLD! - SIDE HUSTLE - Lex DeVille's: How to Make $1,000 a Week with no Degree, no Feedback, & no Portfolio.

But Odesk rebranded to Upwork, I lost all my 5 stars, got demoralised and spent some years trying out some factory jobs (got a back injury out of it) and now my design portfolio is 8 years out of date.

Then Covid hit. The "no jab no job" threat was a bit much for me, I chose no job no jab. And I have been stuck in a rut. Of course, no employer mentions vaccines anymore. Thank God my family have been very patient and generous to me.

Right now, I'm looking for a slowlane job, any job. Just had an interview for a 1 Year Business Administration Apprenticeship through the local chamber of commerce and I think that is probably what I will do in the short term. I've lost my confidence and feel I have to go back to the basics.

But my medium-long term plan is still the same. To ride the fastlane. I have lurked the forum on and off for a while. I've got the TMF book and I am working through it. I see a lot of wisdom posted on this forum and hope to contribute one day.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am a Christian, Englishman, 30 years old, and I am a business failure.

I've tried many times to start businesses in my 20's (Currency Trading, Affiliate Marketing and Freelance Logo Design) and to be honest, I have failed in every single thing I tried. I made a lot of stupid mistakes and wasted a huge amount of time doing the wrong things. I made a little bit of money, but would have made more profit, if I just stuck with 1 minimum wage job for the whole of my twenties.

The only business that really worked for me was Freelance Logo Design on Odesk using this thread: GOLD! - SIDE HUSTLE - Lex DeVille's: How to Make $1,000 a Week with no Degree, no Feedback, & no Portfolio.

But Odesk rebranded to Upwork, I lost all my 5 stars, got demoralised and spent some years trying out some factory jobs (got a back injury out of it) and now my design portfolio is 8 years out of date.

Then Covid hit. The "no jab no job" threat was a bit much for me, I chose no job no jab. And I have been stuck in a rut. Of course, no employer mentions vaccines anymore. Thank God my family have been very patient and generous to me.

Right now, I'm looking for a slowlane job, any job. Just had an interview for a 1 Year Business Administration Apprenticeship through the local chamber of commerce and I think that is probably what I will do in the short term. I've lost my confidence and feel I have to go back to the basics.

But my medium-long term plan is still the same. To ride the fastlane. I have lurked the forum on and off for a while. I've got the TMF book and I am working through it. I see a lot of wisdom posted on this forum and hope to contribute one day.

Thank you.
Welcome Christian. Good for you posting your intro.

You're not a business failure - you've just not figured it out yet.

I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for a job, or to study for a year?

What will get your confidence back up?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...