The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forever Jobless has launched!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Maybe write a bit more about your successes in specific to solidify your credibility in your visitors mind.

I agree with this. I didn't write tons of detail about me on purpose. I will probably be writing an extremely in depth "my story" at some point. I like releasing smaller amounts of things, rather than giving everything people want to know all up front. pros/cons with it, but strategy wise I like it better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
I just noticed how whacked that sentence looks...

Let's try that again:

Lookin' forward to further development. Good job Billy. Subscribed.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone getting an error message of any kind when you visit the site? Had a couple people say they got them.

I didn't get the error, but did anyone tell you want the error was? Probably an easy fix..

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I didn't get the error, but did anyone tell you want the error was? Probably an easy fix..

Ya, they did. Seems like it probably had to do with the site just going up/everything not migrating in some places right away.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Site looks very clean. Like TechCrunch

Only thing I advise, never ever launch someone's product through this blog. There's been a lot of people I have followed that went on to launching someone's product for a fee(just for the money, and the product was shit), lost all respect for them. Not at all saying you'll do this, but in my opinion if you have the chance, don't.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Site looks very clean.

Thank you! So, not too green for you? That's something we wanted to make sure- that it still read clean.

There's been a lot of people I have followed that went on to launching someone's product for a fee(just for the money, and the product was shit)

I don't promote shitty products. You'll notice the site is 100% ad free. The reason most bloggers promote shitty products is because they are 'blogging for bucks'. They don't make money, so they regurgitate what all the other blogs say, study copywriting/seo/guest blogging, etc... to get as much traffic as they can, and spam the shit out of their readers.

That's half the reason I wanted to get into that space.(the other being to meet more entrepreneurs) To put out information that is legit, since there's not much of it out there right now.

If/when I promote anything at all on the blog, it would only be because I thought it would be extremely valuable to people.

I don't need to make a dime on the blog to make a living. That's the flaw with the "make money" niche right now. They NEED people to buy their shit for them to survive. That's a flawed model if they're training people how to make money, because that says they aren't even able to do it themselves.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Before I would sign up, I would like to know why I should listen to you. How successful are you?

To me, this looks like one of those FastLanes where you get rich telling other people how to get rich.

BWA HA HA HA HA - this is a good one.

When Bill flew out to B&P last year he had to purchase a second seat FOR ALL HIS CASH

True story.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
My earlier post got cut off.

I don't know who YOU are...is all I'm saying. It looks like others have vouched for you on this board, but what about visitors landing on your site who know nothing about you? I don't think there's anything wrong with qualifying the fact you are a millionaire, successful, etc.

I'm not saying that you aren't successful. What I'm saying is that I don't know who you are, and it's not explained very well on your website. Tell me WHY I should sign up on your page...sell me...make me believe. ;)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
success/ and welcome-to-forever-jobless/ don't work for me (Internal Server Error). I went to your site this morning for 5 seconds to see it, but it still says "Get notified the second we launch." I don't remember entering my email address, and I got an email this morning asking to confirm my email address. Am I going crazy?

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
My earlier post got cut off.

I don't know who YOU are...is all I'm saying. It looks like others have vouched for you on this board, but what about visitors landing on your site who know nothing about you? I don't think there's anything wrong with qualifying the fact you are a millionaire, successful, etc.

I'm not saying that you aren't successful. What I'm saying is that I don't know who you are, and it's not explained very well on your website. Tell me WHY I should sign up on your page...sell me...make me believe. ;)

I don't disagree with you. There's a reason I don't tell everything/oversell myself on there on my first posts. I understand that's the opposite of what most internet marketers would do, but I do things a bit differently, and I've got a reason behind it. I will explain later more in depth about this if people are interested.

Is it optimal? I'm not sure. I prefer it this way though.

Keep in mind too that I'm the same guy that through anything I've done- professional p0ker player, starting a p0ker company, starting an e-commerce company- I've rarely talked about any of it publicly outside of B+P meet ups. So, for me to go from not even telling anyone what businesses I ran, to running around saying, "I'm rich!" to the entire internet right out of the gate would be a stretch for me.

Part of the reason it took me so long to start blogging is because I like privacy, and prefer to make money rather than talking about making it.

There's no huge motivation for me to convince a lot of people to follow my blog for the reasons I mentioned in the previous posts- I don't need to make money off them. My motivations are different than other bloggers, so I don't need people to follow me. I think I can help a lot of people, so I am going to enjoy that aspect of it. But trying to be overly self-promoting about anything I've done before is not really my style anyways, and especially since I'm not 'blogging for bucks', so if certain people don't follow my blog because they haven't heard enough about me yet, that's okay with me.

Hope that explains it a bit. Again though, I don't disagree with you that many people might like more information who don't know me at all. :)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
success/ and welcome-to-forever-jobless/ don't work for me (Internal Server Error). I went to your site this morning for 5 seconds to see it, but it still says "Get notified the second we launch." I don't remember entering my email address, and I got an email this morning asking to confirm my email address. Am I going crazy?

Wade, can you try clearing your cookies? A few people have mentioned they had an issue. Something to do with migration taking longer in some places. Even on mine sometimes I get that page, then I refresh a bunch and it comes back. Let me know if that helps. Might just be because we just switched the hosting company before launch.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"Professional p0ker player, entrepreneur, reluctant Internet blogger"

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Thank you! So, not too green for you? That's something we wanted to make sure- that it still read clean.

I don't promote shitty products. You'll notice the site is 100% ad free. The reason most bloggers promote shitty products is because they are 'blogging for bucks'. They don't make money, so they regurgitate what all the other blogs say, study copywriting/seo/guest blogging, etc... to get as much traffic as they can, and spam the shit out of their readers.

That's half the reason I wanted to get into that space.(the other being to meet more entrepreneurs) To put out information that is legit, since there's not much of it out there right now.

If/when I promote anything at all on the blog, it would only be because I thought it would be extremely valuable to people.

I don't need to make a dime on the blog to make a living. That's the flaw with the "make money" niche right now. They NEED people to buy their shit for them to survive. That's a flawed model if they're training people how to make money, because that says they aren't even able to do it themselves.

The green works, maybe a shade darker for people who don't like brightness but it's cool.
I know what you mean, but I've heard that a lot before. Just stick to what you planned from the start and never deviate. As long as it's just a blog not-for-profit, it'll be awesome. Good luck!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

Gotchya. I totally understand the not talking but doing aspect (I'm like that myself). However, there are ways to qualify yourself without saying I'M RICH BITCH.

lol. Good luck...look forward to more of this.

another

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2012
Belgium
Can't wait to see more content on your website. Sounds like great information, thanks in advance !

I could see everything perfectly, by the way.

RDudek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 31, 2012
Colorado
I've signed up for the newsletter thing but I'm yet to receive the confirmation email. And it's not in my spam folder either. hmmm.

Oh well, just keep us updated in this thread and I'll randomly stumble upon some articles =]

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I've signed up for the newsletter thing but I'm yet to receive the confirmation email. And it's not in my spam folder either. hmmm.

Can you pm me your email address. I'll try to figure out what happened.

Anyone else have this issue?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.