The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forbes article: How 20-Year-Old Kylie Jenner Built A $900 Million Fortune In Less Than 3 Years

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The mother is definitely amazing, Just really learned about this family last week. Comes across as a real life day time soap opera.

I just see the daughter as the new spokesperson for the brand that hits the target demographic. Just like any brand they have to have a spokesperson that connects with there target customer.
The one thing that stood out is how early they all have kids. Thus ensuring they will have relevant brand representation for there target demographics, when this daughter becomes too old, or old news. Rinse and repeat.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
And here I am screwing with a product that I hope to make several mil from over the next few years.

What am I doing with my life. :bored:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I don't even bother with these type of debates anymore because in the end the jokes on the debaters.

For every moment us poor folks argue whether she's self made or not, she get to enjoy another moment in life as a billionaire.

So there's no point in debating, its just mental diarrhea, and a complete waste of time to everyone involved.

Same thing with athletes, when lebron james got a torrent of hate for switching teams from cavaliers to the heat, all he said was, and im paraphrasing, "At the end of the day, I get to live my life and the regular folks who are hating gonna live theirs"

HA I FOUND IT:
Tell me this ain't savage simple reply from a successful man:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXFotffi8A0

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
It’s also interesting to note how environment influences you.

When you grow up around successful people, you’re more likely to see that in your future, whereas maybe someone growing up on welfare will always settle for just enough.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I don't get the hate from this forum. Who cares if she was "privileged" or had a head start? How does that help YOU?

You don't become Kardashian level of fame and success by doing F*ck all with your life.

You don't trip and fall into a billion dollar net worth, even if you start with a huge audience.

It's hilarious to see people with <100 followers/subs complain about the Kardashians...yet go on to post "How To Increase Your Online Presence" videos.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
And here I am screwing with a product that I hope to make several mil from over the next few years.

Time to get a sex change, buy some yoga pants and start hitting instagram up with your 'fit pics' :-D

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
People seem to think that because someone is a celebrity that somehow its super easy to make money. There are 1000s of examples of celebrities that go broke, fade out into nothing, burn out etc.

Hey Man

couldn't agree with you more.

This is actually exception to the rule, not norm. I think it was The Millionaire Next Door that quoted 84% of millionaires are first generation (self-made), not inherited wealth (maybe 80/20 rule as usual?). So it's 'easier' to build your 'millions' than to inherit (not because it's difficult to be 'lucky' to be born to millionaires, it's hard to maintain the wealth...).

I personally know people who inherited wealth or even running businesses, but they, it's not even they try to develop it more. They don't even know they could. They are comfy with all the stuff that their parents bought them. They haven't ever experienced pain, misery and depression, to learn that they need to change it, or it will come back. Money has always been there to 'relieve' them from too much thinking.

"Wealth is squandered in the third generation" - saying in the country I was born. This is also a good example of what people think (they have it easier- NOT), and what the reality is (they have it tougher), if the goal is to be a millionaire.

This is also one of the biggest pains of successful people. Leaving their legacy and inheritance to someone 'worthy'. They often have been so busy with building their 'wealth' that forgot to bring their children along, while you need to start ... the earlier the better. You almost always want to leave your legacy to your family, and imagine you cannot as they are not suitable, and you blame yourself as you 'forgot' about this...

This is actually how empires are build. When you leave it to the right person.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Everyone bow down to the Goddess now!

Impressive. This is what happens when you combine good looks + family wealth + celebrity connections + capitalising on the right trend + right product-market fit + hard work.
This is not Fastlane.....this is the gold-paved path to Heaven.....

I'm curious to see how she'll scale the business. Maybe start to acquire some of the old-timer cosmetics companies (those stuck-in-the-mud established brands) and form a conglomerate empire of beauty products.

The female version of Jeff Bezos.

#KylieWebServices #KylieGram #KylieBroadcastingChannelKBC #Kylify #KylieBook

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
"Forbes also noted that she owns all of her company, and she keeps overhead low with a small staff: There are just seven full-time and five part-time employees, and most marketing is done on social media"

This is something we can pick up from her.....

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I’m not gonna naysay her. Seeing her success excites me actually - it reconfirms levels of possibility that most of us have mentally written off as unobtainable. So she had family money - any of us could obtain the startup capital that she probably had.

Quickest way to piss someone off is to show somebody doing better than them. Harness that envy into action, cosmetics is but one small fraction of the global market. Go grab yours like she grabbed hers.

(That last sentence may or may not have come out wrong.)

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I’m not gonna naysay her. Seeing her success excites me actually - it reconfirms levels of possibility that most of us have mentally written off as unobtainable. So she had family money - any of us could obtain the startup capital that she probably had.

Quickest way to piss someone off is to show somebody doing better than them. Harness that envy into action, cosmetics is but one small fraction of the global market. Go grab yours like she grabbed hers.

(That last sentence may or may not have come out wrong.)

Personally, I feel the greatest contribution to her success among the various factors is her connection to the Kardashians.

With that level of fame, she can start with 50K capital and it would still work.

Social proof ---> celebrity status ---> anything you sell will sell like hotcakes as long as the product is not exceedingly crappy

If I'm not wrong, her lipkits are just white-label stuff from China, nothing revolutionary or anything that the current products on the market cannot do.

Hell, I'm sure if Kim K starts selling bronzing cream, she would earn >$1 million within the first week.....

With these guys, they don't even have to try hard to get the media to cover and write about their products.....the media is the one begging them to grant interviews. And when national media is behind you, it's a guaranteed money printing machine.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Good for her. It’s easy to see it as simple for her but with a massive following the pressure to succeed must be immense. There will have still been a risk for her to start the venture even if it wasn’t monetary.

A teenager in that position could easily sit back and not bother.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Self made means something different to everyone... Why does anyone even care? She can't control the circumstances of "privilege" she was born into.

She still made the most of it... She also did a LOT better than the rest of her family.

Good for her! No hate from me at all! The world needs more popular billionaires.

Last edited:

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
"Forbes also noted that she owns all of her company, and she keeps overhead low with a small staff: There are just seven full-time and five part-time employees, and most marketing is done on social media"

This is something we can pick up from her.....
No, we can't.

You can try to duplicate anomalies in your own business but let's be honest. The marketing is done on social media because she has millions of engaged followers and gets who knows how many earned impressions with every post by tabloid websites. Followed up with more earned media by people posting about it everywhere. A few years ago a girl came over and brought her lip kit to show me like I gave a damn. Create a cult following is what we can pick up from her.

I was in the clothing industry at one point, more or less working with "startup" streetwear clothing brands. Who did they all want to imitate? Supreme. The problem is they don't have the history or longevity of Supreme so things that work for Supreme (scarcity with limited drops, a culture of being dicks in store, resell hype, etc) won't work for them because no one cares about XYZ brand out of Nova Scotia.

If you start something as an unknown and expect "do social media" to work, you're gonna have a bad time.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I was in the clothing industry at one point, more or less working with "startup" streetwear clothing brands. Who did they all want to imitate? Supreme. The problem is they don't have the history or longevity of Supreme so things that work for Supreme (scarcity with limited drops, a culture of being dicks in store, resell hype, etc) won't work for them because no one cares about XYZ brand out of Nova Scotia.

Just curious, but how did all those "startup" streetwear brands end up, and were you able to help some of them take off? By "startup" streetwear brands, I assume you're referring to the type on Reddit (aka r/streetwearstartup)

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Just curious, but how did all those "startup" streetwear brands end up, and were you able to help some of them take off? By "startup" streetwear brands, I assume you're referring to the type on Reddit (aka r/streetwearstartup)
There were a few standouts that do/did well, but for every one that actually does well, there are a hundred that are some high school kid using print-on-demand services for his math class doodles. Which isn't necessarily bad, they just see it as something cool to do rather than a business. Make a few dollars selling to their friends and family. Again, absolutely nothing wrong with that. You can tell who takes it serious and who takes it Instagram serious.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
If Kim K tweeted TMF and said, "OMG, what a great book" I'd be sitting on Oprah's stage right now.

Networking at its finest :cool:. I wonder what the ROI on that 500K tweet could be...

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
This is what happens when you combine good looks...

The female version of Jeff Bezos.
:rofl: “Good looks,” okay, if you consider plastic surgery and Botox attractive.

And the female Jeff Bezos? Sure, one revolutionized online shopping, owns dozens of other companies, and runs rockets into space, and the other one sells makeup.

Hardly a comparison. Lmao

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Step 1. Have your sister release a sex tape.

Step 2. Get your family picked up by reality television in the United States.

Step 3. Lambo

Lightning is not going to strike like this very often.

The people buying her shit are celebrity star gazers who think if they carry the same thing she tweets they will be like her. It's a unique moment in time, predicated less on value and more on celebrity. Granted, she and her extended family have leveraged that well into the $000's (and great for them!) but none of their stuff is predicated on value.

I find her success more of a sad commentary on slow lane America than I do on her business prowess.
You forgot be related to one of the most famous lawyers in America that defended OJ Simpson

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
:rofl: “Good looks,” okay, if you consider plastic surgery and Botox attractive.

I guess beauty is subjective huh?

And the female Jeff Bezos? Sure, one revolutionized online shopping, owns dozens of other companies, and runs rockets into space, and the other one sells makeup.Hardly a comparison. Lmao

Jeff Bezos made his 1st billion at the age of 35, Kylie made hers at 21 (JESUS!!!).
Assuming she continues to branch out and expands like power-hungry Bezos, I won't be surprised if she hits US$15 - $20 billion by the time she reaches 35.

From what I see in billionaires, once they reach 1 Billion net worth, the wealth then somehow goes up exponentially, it's like all of a sudden, it becomes easy to make your next 10 Billion.

As much as I hate to say this, people get salty / butt-hurt when they see girls like her making bank.
If she is a guy, I actually think the reception would be different.

I put a wager that her net worth will surpass Elon in 15 years time. Speaking of Elon.....failures after failures and all hype, and nerds are worshipping him like there's no tomorrow lol.
I give her 3 years max to surpass Mark Cuban and Sara Blakely's net worth.

Brains, beauty, butt.....and billions....she has it all.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
I guess beauty is subjective huh?

Jeff Bezos made his 1st billion at the age of 35, Kylie made hers at 21 (JESUS!!!).
Assuming she continues to branch out and expands like power-hungry Bezos, I won't be surprised if she hits US$15 - $20 billion by the time she reaches 35.

From what I see in billionaires, once they reach 1 Billion net worth, the wealth then somehow goes up exponentially, it's like all of a sudden, it becomes easy to make your next 10 Billion.

As much as I hate to say this, people get salty / butt-hurt when they see girls like her making bank.
If she is a guy, I actually think the reception would be different.

I put a wager that her net worth will surpass Elon in 15 years time. Speaking of Elon.....failures after failures and all hype, and nerds are worshipping him like there's no tomorrow lol.
I give her 3 years max to surpass Mark Cuban and Sara Blakely's net worth.

Brains, beauty, butt.....and billions....she has it all.

You're conflating fame with celebrity.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Any ol' person can discount the feat she has pulled off, but it doesn't negate the greatness of it.
Even her significantly more famous sisters and family members haven't been able to pull off a grand scale financial success like she has done.

As the intelligent rapper J.Cole put it, "some people make millions, some people make memes."

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
She's the equivalent of people born into billionaire families.

Because she was born into that particular family she has an incredible level of fame and social media following (which is worth as much as money now)

She could sell a plain pair of socks and be a millionaire instantly... she doesn't need to do any work, just pay someone to outsource it for her and boom, her millions of devout followers will buy.

But in the end this debate is pointless - we don't moan about people born into wealth so why should we care about people born into fame? 2 identical situations. Focus on yourself.

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Don't know the whole story about it, but..

I think it's pretty impressive when people born into wealth choose to start businesses instead of partying away their parents trustfund. From what i've heard she owns 100% of the business aswell so she's probably pretty business savvy.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Imagine having so much and never being able to feel like you were truly self-made. You don't think she ever sits and thinks "I'm living this life because of being born into this family"? 100% she does. I've got more than she's got because I've got my whole life to build something from SCRATCH. Mom and dad were middle class as you can get. Nobody in my blood line has ever risen above normal. All me. I'll take that 10 times out of 10. Everybody underestimates how good it feels to do it all yourself.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

Your fault for forgetting the silver spoon on the way out of the womb.

Not that 900 million is everyday , i'll give her credit but , not exactly rags to riches

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
You can tell who takes it serious and who takes it Instagram serious.
@Charnell - Could you explain that? what do you think are the points a new Print on Demand Brand has to focus on? i agree that social media isnt easy and you wont make bank with a few posts here and there... but isnt it very important to be active on instagram? especially for a "visual" and young business like a clothing brand? niche related content and interaction with your niche? and what would you consider actionfaking bullshit?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.