The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 60,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

For those struggling to get started

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

seb451

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 9, 2020
Chile
I'd like to share this article with you.

One of the main causes because many people struggle to get started (execution) is because they are not fully aware of what they want to achieve, nor of their major motivations. Most of the time the main goal is becoming a millionaire, as it sounds like a good plan. But don't analyze what is the main ingredient of it, what things are needed, what is the real reason behind it...

Sometimes it is thought that there is a "magic list", a detailed procedure to achieve your most important goals. But as we know, nothing could be further from the truth. Even so, there are still people looking for shortcuts, convenient solutions and inmediate results. Thing is, most of that beliefs are based on a lack of long-term thinking, that's why people want to achieve things just for the sake of it. There's no big consideration for their purpose and growth as a human being. Inherently leading to frustration.

Here are some useful tips to practice long-term thinking. Most of the things mentioned are in TMF as well, so its kind of a reminder for those who are desperate to start but feel lost.

Main takeways
  • Take your constraints out of the game. Money, language, fear or worry cannot be a reason for you to not focus in the things you can achieve.
  • Figure exactly what you want to achieve in the future. (e.g. 1/5/10 plan)
  • Divorce yourself from your surroudings. Listen to your own voice. Ignore those things that distract you and don’t enhance you life. If you decided to do something, do it no matter what until you finished and achieved what you want. Does it make sense to abort your plan everytime someone tells you it is a bad a idea?
  • Huge success takes time.
  • Evaluate the actions you take daily. Focus in the important, not the urgent.
  • Short term thinking is also as important as long-term thinking.
  • Note: the only part I disagree is when it says you should read hundreds of books. (maybe real life will teach you a lot more)
Cheers to everyone!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers