The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Following "unscripted" with university?

Anything related to matters of the mind

smn03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2022
So first of all, i just want to get some opinions on this, to make my own later on

In unscripted it says you shouldn't be "too cool" to do regular shitty jobs for business experiences and to fund your business. but what's with university? is going to uni also something to consider because of the educational aspects?

my parents want me to either apply for university or a "regular job"

also, i thought about this: you wouldn't ask someone how to become a professional football player, that isn't a professional football player or hasn't been there before... so why ask uni professor or going to university when the people that teach us stuff haven't created successful business, as we want to ??

Thanks a lot

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I mean if you trust your instinct, your vision, and ability to get work done without needing approval, don't ask. Ever.

The worst things I've done is ask someone for advice only to have them dissuade me from my vision and poison my confidence.

Unless, they are somewhere I want to be, most of the "advice" I get from those around me, especially my family members,
I listen but I am deaf.

That being said, university has more than 4 years and a student debt price attached to it.

Consider it.

It's 4 years of indoctrination, then some more down the drain to pay off debt if you took student loans, and of course if you want to be an entrepreneur after the 4 year … a few more months if not years will fly out the window, for you to reprogram your scripted mind.

You weigh this with the fact that you can learn and gain experience from building(a brand, a store, a digital agency, etc.) something today, next week, or sometime this year.

The caveat, is that you actually start building something with your time and not thinking of building it.

The first choice although will cost you plenty of time, yet is very comfortable short-term.

The second choice will allow you to learn very quickly and build the life you desire, at the cost of unpleasant experiences, a crazed obsession for a better life, and finding what you truly want. None of this is comfortable, but it doesn't have to be hard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.