The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focusing on YouTube

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022
About a month ago, I was deep into web design, but with very little progress. This was mainly due to mentality and overall lack of care.

I realized that I didn't care about the people I was serving or believed in the service I was providing.

Which is why I'm gong to focus on building my personal brand and inspiring ambitious teenagers like myself on YouTube. I've been posting tons of videos but unlisting them since some of my friends in High School found out, but now I'm just going to go straight in and start publicly posting them.

My plan is to post weekly on my progress in business for the next 10 years with occasional filler videos that I want to create. I'm focusing on authenticity and creativity to differentiate me from others.

I'm a very long way from good storytelling so the videos are going to be very bad, but I'm open to any constructive criticism.

I'm also 17 and about to go to college, so I'm fine with taking things slow as long as my videos keep improving.

Again, I'm open to any constructive criticism.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022
I posted this video Yesterday:

Pros:
- The thumbnail got a lot better
- The hook also got a lot better
- I'm learning to use music to flow better
- I like doing a voiceover

Cons:
- Too much cussing, I feel like a 10 year that just learned to cuss
- Some editing mistakes, although I just wanted to put something quickly and not overthink it
- The overall theme was only expressed in the beginning, bad storytelling
- Abrupt ending, mainly due to bad storytelling

Also just thought of two ideas I can maybe implement in the future:

- Daily vlogging (depending on how well I can make it in a short amount of time)
- Donating / Giveaway

I'll probably add the donating part where I'll donate $1,000 of the $10,000 to MrBeast's food charity.

Last edited:

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022
Intro would be stronger if you just cut the first 0:10.

I was planning on making that part of my brand where I introduce the overarching theme/topic of the video to help me focus on storytelling along with the viewer. It doesn't really serve a purpose right now since I'm just not good at storytelling.

Do you still think it's better to go for a more fast-paced intro?

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022
Another video:

Pros:
- I'm editing faster and learning how to make the video flow
- Getting better at understanding how to show my unique personality
- Stopped cussing so much

Cons:
- Still felt a bit boring, doesn't feel like a story
- No transitions from scene to scene
- Thumbnail is really bad, might replace it, it just got dark before I could capture one

I'm gonna start trying to do daily vlogging after today, although I might be underestimating how hard that is.

Also gonna buy some somewhat cheap stuff to make the videos better like Epidemic sound, luminar AI, or any other tools/equipment.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
Hey,
Did a lot of research on Youtubing and wanted to share some insight.

Made sure you are using vidIQ and TubeBuddy.
Free tier is fine to start.
They are great tools for YouTubers.

Try to convert your long form videos into shorts.
Shorts seem to be favored for getting views, from my experience.
Your channel shorts were getting a bunch of views, utilize it.

Try and get a Youtubing Course, I have some from Udemy.
They really helped me focused on optimizing my channel.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Switched from weekly to daily videos since I wanted more practice with storytelling and creating overall better videos.

Plus, it'll keep YouTube on my mind 24/7 and keep me accountable to my habits. Also love a challenge.

Pros:
- Getting way better at intros
- Think the flow is pretty good, somewhat entertaining
- Getting better at thumbnails
Cons:
- Took 5 hours to edit and everything (way too long)
- Might be boring for some people
- Still seems emotionless, just gotta get better at conveying emotions with the right music

Other Ideas:
- Upload more viral content as well during the summer to attract my target audience, then use the series to keep my audience.
- This is more one-off videos that people like Ryan Trahan/Airrack does that have lots of potential for virality
- The focus is more on the idea instead of the story

Thanks for the door to door person @BigRomeDawg. I'm not really confident enough right now to execute his door to door strategy well so I seem really awkward, but I'm getting better. I think I just need to improve the vibe I bring.

Don't know if I can juggle this and school, but I'll try my best. I think I'm gonna upload everyday, even if it's a very short video since I'm trying to enforce the habit of content creation.

I hope you guys or other people can also be accountable to your habits by seeing me accomplish mine.

See you guys next morning!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Pros:
- Getting way better at storytelling and overall flow
- Getting good at music choice
- Getting more cinematic shots
- Comfortable with making videos and recording myself
- Doing all the work I need day-to-day since I don't wanna disappoint in my videos

Cons::
- Very tiring
- Sleep very late cause of editing
- Still pretty mediocre thumbnails but I'm more focused on the video anyways
- Getting rejected a lot when going door to door

Pretty good overall though, but I think I'm way too tired for being only 4 days in.

It's mainly cause of school since it takes up SO MUCH TIME and we do literally nothing in class, but it's whatever.

I also couldn't really get to making the shorts, but I'm focusing on improving my video anyways (shorts are pretty easy to make).

See y'all next morning!

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023

Pros:
- Getting way better at storytelling and overall flow
- Getting good at music choice
- Getting more cinematic shots
- Comfortable with making videos and recording myself
- Doing all the work I need day-to-day since I don't wanna disappoint in my videos

Cons::
- Very tiring
- Sleep very late cause of editing
- Still pretty mediocre thumbnails but I'm more focused on the video anyways
- Getting rejected a lot when going door to door

Pretty good overall though, but I think I'm way too tired for being only 4 days in.

It's mainly cause of school since it takes up SO MUCH TIME and we do literally nothing in class, but it's whatever.

I also couldn't really get to making the shorts, but I'm focusing on improving my video anyways (shorts are pretty easy to make).

See y'all next morning!
good luck mate - ur content looks pretty entertaining

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

I'm getting really used to vlogging everyday now.

I've been watching a Josh Lester series on how he made $22k in 30 days, so I'm gonna try to use his strategies for that. I have pretty low expectations, just trying to hit $2k in 30 days, but it'll be fun to test it out.

I feel a bit lazy for not going door to door in the past two days, but I think its fine since I'm improving my sales skills a lot by learning and then practicing it.

I'm realizing that YouTube is DEFINITELY the route I wanna go as I make these videos. I love making entertaining content, and I feel like I can fill a hole in the niche by providing stories instead of soulless "Top 10 Ways to make money with ChatGPT."

I'm still struggling with shorts, but I just don't have the time to get to it since I'm already sleeping pretty late everyday.

Just waiting for school to end, then I'll be able to grind everything out.

Anyways, see you guys tomorrow!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great consistency. Keep going.

Thread added to the master list here:

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Made $300 in 2 and a half hours :).

Pretty crazy, I gotta learn how to pressure wash better though I leave lines sometimes on their driveway.

Other than that, a really good day Yesterday. I'm taking quite a break today but I'm still gonna work on the business by posting on Nextdoor and researching how to clean better.

Video-wise, I got rid of the daily habits since I thought it was boring to be predictable all the time and a friend told me he didn't like knowing exactly what was gonna happen everyday.

I also think it's better to just work on the business or YouTube or relax as my only options throughout the day instead of forcing myself to do things that don't really help me with any of my goals.

I also need to make the commentary bits a bit more interesting, but I know exactly how to do so, I just don't have the time to edit for long everyday.

Keep going.
Roger that.

Good week though,

See y'all tomorrow!

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana

Pretty crazy, I gotta learn how to pressure wash better though I leave lines sometimes on their driveway.

Other than that, a really good day Yesterday. I'm taking quite a break today but I'm still gonna work on the business by posting on Nextdoor and researching how to clean better.

Video-wise, I got rid of the daily habits since I thought it was boring to be predictable all the time and a friend told me he didn't like knowing exactly what was gonna happen everyday.

I also think it's better to just work on the business or YouTube or relax as my only options throughout the day instead of forcing myself to do things that don't really help me with any of my goals.

I also need to make the commentary bits a bit more interesting, but I know exactly how to do so, I just don't have the time to edit for long everyday.

Roger that.

Good week though,

See y'all tomorrow!
Use Descript to help with your editing! It is an A.I. that helps with video editing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Roger that.

Good week though,

See y'all tomorrow!
I don't know if Descript will help. I found it great for editing, pulling out clips, and adding subtitles.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
This is great man, we love to see doers. You got yourself a follow.

I wouldn't put yourself down so much in your vids man. You're not bad at all, you're actually very brave doing this stuff.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

This weekend is gonna be pretty slow especially since I tend to struggle with doing a lot of work on the weekends and waking up early.

I know it fixes itself after school ends though.

I tried to make this video more personal since I didn't work much anyways, but I think it worked I got some good feedback from people.

I do need to work more if I'm gonna hit the $2,000 goal. I don't know if I should be relaxing as much during the weekends or even the week if I'm gonna hit it though.

Although, most of the work I do for the day is honestly just filming and editing.

I don't know if Descript will help. I found it great for editing, pulling out clips, and adding subtitles.

Thanks! It does seem pretty helpful with quickly editing. I think I've gotten used to talking to the camera though, so I'm fine with manually editing out the "ums" and "uhs." Might try it out in the future to add subtitles though since I feel like the commentary sections are kind of boring.

This is great man, we love to see doers. You got yourself a follow.

I wouldn't put yourself down so much in your vids man. You're not bad at all, you're actually very brave doing this stuff.
Thanks! I just like to keep a high standard for myself, especially when I see all the amazing people in this forum and in podcasts doing amazing things.

Tomorrow's video is gonna be VERY short since I have to edit earlier in the day. I made plans to watch a movie with someone since I wanna enjoy the few months of fun I have as a teenager before I grind out college season.

Maybe I'm just making an excuse though, but I'm confident I'm capable of grinding out college season.

Do you guys think its bad to just have fun once a week or more? I struggle with this a lot since I'm very obsessive with whatever goal I have.

Anyways, see you guys tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Was a pretty chilled out day.

Did some lower level tasks like just learning how to pressure wash better, study YouTube videos, and get more music. Then, I watched a Marvel movie which I always do when they come out.

Love to see their expert cinematography and overall flow.

Also planning on buying a program on door to door from Josh/Oliver Lester with a bold "Make $1,000 a Day in 6 weeks or Your Money Back" statement.

Still a bit skeptical as that's a VERY bold claim, but I went on call with them and it seemed trustworthy enough since they seemed like they were gatekeeping the program (which might've just been a good sales tactic but its a green flag for me).

idk, might just be being dumb though, what do you guys think?

Still editing pretty late and most of the work is honestly just editing the video, but I'm planning on making the videos shorter by focusing on the goal instead of the day-to-day.

Hit 50 subscribers, thanks so much to everyone!

See you guys tomorrow!

TyFrom99

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
312%
Mar 20, 2023
I posted this video Yesterday:

Pros:
- The thumbnail got a lot better
- The hook also got a lot better
- I'm learning to use music to flow better
- I like doing a voiceover

Cons:
- Too much cussing, I feel like a 10 year that just learned to cuss
- Some editing mistakes, although I just wanted to put something quickly and not overthink it
- The overall theme was only expressed in the beginning, bad storytelling
- Abrupt ending, mainly due to bad storytelling

Also just thought of two ideas I can maybe implement in the future:

- Daily vlogging (depending on how well I can make it in a short amount of time)
- Donating / Giveaway

I'll probably add the donating part where I'll donate $1,000 of the $10,000 to MrBeast's food charity.
this is a dope idea. Subbed

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018

Was a pretty chilled out day.

Did some lower level tasks like just learning how to pressure wash better, study YouTube videos, and get more music. Then, I watched a Marvel movie which I always do when they come out.

Love to see their expert cinematography and overall flow.

Also planning on buying a program on door to door from Josh/Oliver Lester with a bold "Make $1,000 a Day in 6 weeks or Your Money Back" statement.

Still a bit skeptical as that's a VERY bold claim, but I went on call with them and it seemed trustworthy enough since they seemed like they were gatekeeping the program (which might've just been a good sales tactic but its a green flag for me).

idk, might just be being dumb though, what do you guys think?

Still editing pretty late and most of the work is honestly just editing the video, but I'm planning on making the videos shorter by focusing on the goal instead of the day-to-day.

Hit 50 subscribers, thanks so much to everyone!

See you guys tomorrow!
imo, dont blow money on courses yet.
focus on achieving your goal first. you can do this. you already know what you need to know

theres lots of fre einfo on selling, or if you are weak in a specific area, google that aspect.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Did 2 and a half hours of door knocking, almost did the entire neighborhood.

I actually had a decent conversion rate, and I actually convinced a client over text today and landed a $200 job which is the lowest but it's still $50 an hour.

Overall, it was a good day especially since I was running on low fuel the entire day. However, I did waste my time late at night and slept really late again.

Today, I just burned out completely and accidentally took a nap which isn't good but I'll just fix it by sleeping early today.

imo, dont blow money on courses yet.
focus on achieving your goal first. you can do this. you already know what you need to know

theres lots of fre einfo on selling, or if you are weak in a specific area, google that aspect.
Yeah I agree, I told him that I want to wait until school ends first since I don't have the confidence that I can commit to their action plan right now and make the money back quickly.

I'm still watching other YouTubers, and I think what I'm missing is my own style and personality. I have to edit to fit my own personality while also keeping the viewer entertained and engaged.

I think this just comes down to practice, so I'm just going to keep uploading, but I'm planning on doing more general ideas in the future like "I stopped using my phone for an entire week" or "I tried living on $50 a Week Eating Out."

Anyways,

See you guys tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Was extremely tired the entire day. I accidentally fell asleep while trying to meditate and take a little break :(.

The problem is I don't know if I should have higher expectations for myself to go door to door everyday cause honestly I just don't feel like it a lot of times.

Just struggling to understand if I should take a break sometimes to recharge as well as how much of a break I should take.

I see people on this forum just grinding it out and it seems like business does require that temporary grind where you output extreme amounts of time and effort into the business.

My approach right now is to just try and take as much action as I can, then once I see the clear demand, I'll go into that grind mode.

Just don't know if I should be in grind mode right now.

Did really well on the AP Language Arts exam though and got more subscribers which has provides such a good dopamine hit.

Anyways, I got a $200 job today so

See you guys tomorrow!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Honestly I just don't feel like it a lot of times.

See you don't feel like it, but when you push through, what do you get?

Anyways, I got a $200 job today

Bingo. You get results. There are going to be many things we don't feel like doing, but we must do them. Besides, what else are you going to do? Scroll on Tiktok? Nahhh man that's what everyone else is doing. You're not being a consumer, you are a producer. You're making the videos they want to watch.

Get some good sleep, make sure you're eating quality food and keep those calories up. You're doing a manual job.

I see people on this forum just grinding it out and it seems like business does require that temporary grind where you output extreme amounts of time and effort into the business.
And that's how people get amazingly good at something. It's really an obsession, but that's what makes them the 1%. Diligent & focused work.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021

Was extremely tired the entire day. I accidentally fell asleep while trying to meditate and take a little break :(.

The problem is I don't know if I should have higher expectations for myself to go door to door everyday cause honestly I just don't feel like it a lot of times.

Just struggling to understand if I should take a break sometimes to recharge as well as how much of a break I should take.

My approach right now is to just try and take as much action as I can, then once I see the clear demand, I'll go into that grind mode.

Did really well on the AP Language Arts exam though and got more subscribers which has provides such a good dopamine hit.

See you guys tomorrow!
Comgrats on getting your first job.

Have you considered spending those first $200 on local ads ?

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
About a month ago, I was deep into web design, but with very little progress. This was mainly due to mentality and overall lack of care.

I realized that I didn't care about the people I was serving or believed in the service I was providing.

Which is why I'm gong to focus on building my personal brand and inspiring ambitious teenagers like myself on YouTube. I've been posting tons of videos but unlisting them since some of my friends in High School found out, but now I'm just going to go straight in and start publicly posting them.

My plan is to post weekly on my progress in business for the next 10 years with occasional filler videos that I want to create. I'm focusing on authenticity and creativity to differentiate me from others.

I'm a very long way from good storytelling so the videos are going to be very bad, but I'm open to any constructive criticism.

I'm also 17 and about to go to college, so I'm fine with taking things slow as long as my videos keep improving.

Again, I'm open to any constructive criticism.
All the best for your Youtube journey. Is there any problems that you faced during your journey on yt till now?

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
@AlexYega
Double thumbs up for execution and consistency so far in putting in the work.
And the ability to grind and take the needed action whether you feel like it or not.
That's where a lot of us fail.
You're doing well.
And more amazing that you're getting it done at your age of 17.
Keep it up.
You've got huge potential if you continue like this.
I see a bit of @Johnny boy and @Envision in you if you continue like this, with this hunger and drive that you have.
Look them up if you don't know them on the forum and see what they've achieved so far.
You can achieve something great like them if you continue like this.

Just a little bit of encouragement for the days you're feeling down or feeling like slowing down.
Just keep it up.
(Slow down only to rest briefly if you need to, and never for more than a day or maximum 2 days, preferably 1 day max, cos these things have a way of extending themselves if you give in to 1 day of laxity.
So preferably grind everyday and rest in the evenings and at nights, but if you need to take some time off, 1 day max, or absolute max 2 days, and get back to the grind).

Rooting for you, wish you all the best.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Everyone here is so supportive on this thread. You’re not pushing the envelope until 20% of people are calling you an arrogant dickhead.

Lol good job bro love the action-taking.

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018

See you guys tomorrow!
"The problem is I don't know if I should have higher expectations for myself to go door to door everyday cause honestly I just don't feel like it a lot of times."

few things:
- if you don't 'feel' like it - this could be your emotions or soul signalling something to you. are you forcing yourself to do something you don't like, or are you forcing yourself to do something that you know is good for you? only you know this answer.
- why are you trying to do these yt videos? is it just to make money? do you want to buy something? or you just want to start off getting a feel for business? exploring? these are all perfectly normal and healthy things to do, and you have a head start.
- you will see what people want, the more you engage with the market i.e. the more you do youtube, so don't stop doing it. you have very good video editing btw. maybe you can make money doing that somehow?
- important: try to figure out your exact motivation/purpose with your YT channel in a few sentences. when things get difficult remind yourself of this motivation/purpose and it will help you 'grind'.
- but as you said, 'is it necessary to grind at this'. only you know that answer deep down. i would suggest, please keep things fun since you are starting out. when you find a good idea you will naturally feel the need to grind without having to ask (unless you lack a lot of self-discipline - cold showers!)
- i think, though, you are making good progress. how long have you been doing this? i would say go door-to-door if you can at least for 6 months. this will really set you miles apart from 99% of ppl in life because you'll learn great social skills, and how to sell. this is FAR BETTER THAN ANY COURSE YOU CAN PURCHASE.

- on the other hand, if you just don't like this, you can think of what do you LIKE TO DO. my advice is this to any young person (and i know it may contradict some of fastlane teachings so take it with a grain of salt or feel free to ignore, but if i could give young self advice it would be this): is there anything you are very passionate about or are really good at? if you can mix something like that with your motivation reason and providing value to people, you are gold. maybe mix it in with your YT channel.

in life, it pays far more to be an expert in a niche, than a generalist. think cardiac surgeon vs family doctor. or expert concrete contractor vs general tradesmen. see what i mean? ideally, you dedicate all your time to doing that one thing. dont get distracted.

i hope this helps.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 30, 2022

Just finished the $200 job for work the entire day but slept pretty late since it took me 5 hours which is still $40 an hour.

I think I like the short content with cool transitions since I think it gets rid of the boring component of repetitiveness and can be a quick watch for anyone keeping up with the series.

Thanks everyone for the amazing support!

Did not expect anyone to care ngl but seems like it backfired on me lol.

And that's how people get amazingly good at something. It's really an obsession, but that's what makes them the 1%. Diligent & focused work.
True, I'm gonna slowly enter that stage of just being completely obsessed since I feel like going completely in at once will just lead to burnout. I'll just get used to that discomfort of going out everyday and doing the work. Eventually, it'll just be like brushing my teeth.

Comgrats on getting your first job.

Have you considered spending those first $200 on local ads ?
I'm a bit cautious to running ads and stuff, but I do know I'll do it. I'll probably buy signs first and just put them at public stops along with trying out Google Ads, Home Advisor, Thumbtack, and Nextdoor.

All the best for your Youtube journey. Is there any problems that you faced during your journey on yt till now?
Yeah, I've been doing it for around 7 months now, and the main problems is probably just getting used to be on camera, making the video flow better, and finding a hole in the market to fill. Right now, YouTube seems very copy and paste with everyone taking inspiration for MrBeast, so I feel like there's a hole for genuine storytelling and authentic personalities.

MrBeast said it himself that the next "MrBeast" will be nothing like him.

I'm still struggling with storytelling but that's a work in progress which will take a long time. I know I'm in it for the long game (>5 Years) so I'm fine with slowly and constantly improving.

@AlexYega
Double thumbs up for execution and consistency so far in putting in the work.
And the ability to grind and take the needed action whether you feel like it or not.
That's where a lot of us fail.
You're doing well.
And more amazing that you're getting it done at your age of 17.
Keep it up.
You've got huge potential if you continue like this.
I see a bit of @Johnny boy and @Envision in you if you continue like this, with this hunger and drive that you have.
Look them up if you don't know them on the forum and see what they've achieved so far.
You can achieve something great like them if you continue like this.

Just a little bit of encouragement for the days you're feeling down or feeling like slowing down.
Just keep it up.
(Slow down only to rest briefly if you need to, and never for more than a day or maximum 2 days, preferably 1 day max, cos these things have a way of extending themselves if you give in to 1 day of laxity.
So preferably grind everyday and rest in the evenings and at nights, but if you need to take some time off, 1 day max, or absolute max 2 days, and get back to the grind).

Rooting for you, wish you all the best.
Completely agree, that rest briefly take is really helpful though thanks for that. Will definitely keep that in mind when I take breaks since I did notice that when it was more than 2 days, I would just fall into complete burnout.

Everyone here is so supportive on this thread. You’re not pushing the envelope until 20% of people are calling you an arrogant dickhead.

Lol good job bro love the action-taking.
lmao maybe I should try to be more polarizing. I do think I'm naturally humble though since I understand the reality that I'm nowhere near the success others have made, I just work cause there's literally nothing else to do in life lol.

- if you don't 'feel' like it - this could be your emotions or soul signalling something to you. are you forcing yourself to do something you don't like, or are you forcing yourself to do something that you know is good for you? only you know this answer.
Yeah, I'm realizing that its me forcing myself to do something I know is good for me. I think its fine to rest when I'm really burnt out, but I'm gonna keep trying to increase that threshold of working before burnout and get used to doing the things that are uncomfortable just like the gym until its as easy as brushing my teeth.

- why are you trying to do these yt videos? is it just to make money? do you want to buy something? or you just want to start off getting a feel for business? exploring? these are all perfectly normal and healthy things to do, and you have a head start.
- you will see what people want, the more you engage with the market i.e. the more you do youtube, so don't stop doing it. you have very good video editing btw. maybe you can make money doing that somehow?
- important: try to figure out your exact motivation/purpose with your YT channel in a few sentences. when things get difficult remind yourself of this motivation/purpose and it will help you 'grind'.
- but as you said, 'is it necessary to grind at this'. only you know that answer deep down. i would suggest, please keep things fun since you are starting out. when you find a good idea you will naturally feel the need to grind without having to ask (unless you lack a lot of self-discipline - cold showers!)
- i think, though, you are making good progress. how long have you been doing this? i would say go door-to-door if you can at least for 6 months. this will really set you miles apart from 99% of ppl in life because you'll learn great social skills, and how to sell. this is FAR BETTER THAN ANY COURSE YOU CAN PURCHASE.

- on the other hand, if you just don't like this, you can think of what do you LIKE TO DO. my advice is this to any young person (and i know it may contradict some of fastlane teachings so take it with a grain of salt or feel free to ignore, but if i could give young self advice it would be this): is there anything you are very passionate about or are really good at? if you can mix something like that with your motivation reason and providing value to people, you are gold. maybe mix it in with your YT channel.
I'm definitely passionate about YouTube. I thought about this around a month ago whether I want to continue with YouTube, and I decided to definitely commit to YouTube. I just love making videos, and I want to make entertaining videos that also inspire tons of people like me who have that obsessive ambition that it is possible to succeed despite what anyone says.

I'm planning on emailing a ton of influencers I want to work for and provide them value through editing, thumbnails, or anything else. Will probably offer to work for free or minimum wage since I just want to learn from someone that has already gone through years of experience. Plus, I can get even better at the skills needed to be a creator.

This was great advice though, extremely helpful.

Thanks everyone for the support and advice, helped a ton.

Anyways, see yall again tomorrow!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.