The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FiveRR -- Gigs You've Hired (And a "did you know?")

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FiveRR is an awesome resource for Fastlaners in a build/creation mode.

I don't think people realize what kinds of tasks can be done on FiveRR, and incredibly inexpensive.

This thread is to post your FIVERR gigs that you've done, your thoughts, and your experience.

Ill start...

Did you know that female voice on The Millionaire Fastlane audiobook's introductory material is a FiveRR gig?
(The copyright disclaimer, etc.)

When I needed someone to run through my copyrights and intro, I wanted a female voiceover -- I found one on FiveRR!

:)

What have you done on FiveRR? And were you happy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I've used fiverr on multiple occasions to upload videos to all video hosting sites. Saves me a ton of time and very happy with people I use.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've had testimonials done, cold calls made, scripts written, flyers handed out, social media marketing done, and intro videos recorded.

I'm very pleased with the services I received. When I look at Fiverr from the provider's side of the coin, I sometimes feel like those people are really cheating themselves in charging such low prices for the services they offer. I'm grateful, but respectful of that fact at the same time.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I sometimes feel like those people are really cheating themselves in charging such low prices for the services they offer.

The ones with some business sense are using fiverr as a "foot in the door". I've received pdf's from sellers once the gig has been completed that offer other higher priced services with links to their website and social profiles and maybe a free offer for signing up to their email list. Now I don't know how successful they are with this but at least they are trying to upsell.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I've used Fiverr to get a couple of logos done - ended up not being happy with them.

However, I will use Fiverr again to get an brand intro Video done, and perhaps other gigs which do not require a lot of creativity.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I sometimes feel like those people are really cheating themselves in charging such low prices for the services they offer. I'm grateful, but respectful of that fact at the same time.

I'd rather do 20 gigs that take me 20 minutes each (400 minutes, nearly 7 hours) than commuting to some shitty job with a shitty boss, ie McDonalds, and working 8 hours a day for $8/hour -- add in gas costs, traveltime, you're looking at 9, maybe 10 hours of your day.

FiveRR = $100/day
McDonalds = $64/day minus taxes on earned income ... Net about $50.

FiveRR wins. More $. Less taxes. Business experience. Potential business leads. Less time. No boss. #WIN

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Videos, video intro graphics, css, testing, ethical hacking, interior decorating, DROPBOX to 18gb x2 accounts (this is awesome), genealogy research, usability testing.

Warning: it can be a black hole for productivity. You end up doing a bunch of useless crap because it is only 5 bucks but sounded cool when you hit the buy button.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What is that?

If I recall this is using dropbox's referal bonus in order to take advantage of bonus storage given per sign-up.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I'd rather do 20 gigs that take me 20 minutes each (400 minutes, nearly 7 hours) than commuting to some shitty job with a shitty boss, ie McDonalds, and working 8 hours a day for $8/hour -- add in gas costs, traveltime, you're looking at 9, maybe 10 hours of your day.

FiveRR = $100/day
McDonalds = $64/day minus taxes on earned income ... Net about $50.

FiveRR wins. More $. Less taxes. Business experience. Potential business leads. Less time. No boss. #WIN

I literally said this same thing to someone last night. The only thing is, it takes some figuring out to get people to notice your gigs.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The only thing is, it takes some figuring out to get people to notice your gigs.

I would liken this to any job's 3 month probation period where you learn that you can either sink or swim.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Dropbox is legit. I used Google adwords to increase my free account to 18+ GB...but Fiverr would have been cheaper!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I myself write testimonials on Fiverr. The money is OK but due to a few glitches causing gig cancellation my rating is all the way down at 83%.

Three reviews per product for $5. Can't get much better than that.

I'm awaiting a huge project (300 products!) from a guy who is extremely pleased with my work. 300 products will only take a few hours to do. Fiverr takes 20%, so at the end of the day I'll be left with $400. $400 a day is something you can get used to, even though it's still Slowlane.

The__j will write a testimonial review for three review sites for $5, only on fiverr.com

^shameless plug. I'll do five reviews for Fastlane members in need of testimonials, for the same $5 price. Seriously: can't get much better than that. Once I get promoted to higher level seller, I'll be increasing my prices a bit.

ALSO: I got a gig request to write negative testimonials for competitors. I declined: you're either black hat or white hat when it comes to this stuff, never both. I decided to stay positive. I dunno, just my own personal decision

EDIT: Thanks to Likwid and another repeat customer, I'm back at 89%! On my way to going up the ranks!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Three reviews per product for $5. Can't get much better than that.

I'm awaiting a huge project (300 products!) from a guy who is extremely pleased with my work. 300 products will only take a few hours to do. Fiverr takes 20%, so at the end of the day I'll be left with $400. $400 a day is something you can get used to, even though it's still Slowlane.

The__j will write a testimonial review for three review sites for $5, only on fiverr.com

^shameless plug. I'll do five reviews for Fastlane members in need of testimonials, for the same $5 price. Seriously: can't get much better than that. Once I get promoted to higher level seller, I'll be increasing my prices a bit.

|
Thanks / Like
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post

Why didn't you tell me you did this!!! lol

I can use a few reviews. Maybe I can even send you a sample so you can give me a truly honest review.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thnaks for Starting this thread MJ. It's already given me a few good ideas. I used Fiverr to help with my social media pages. It didn't do too much, but hey, it only cost $5. It was well worth it!

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
I used it for creating an open link wheel of back links to a site I was testing out a few months back, they delivered what they promised but it did not seem to do much for the site, although I'm guessing it was much more effective before the penguin / panda updates. I figure $5-$10 SEO is not gonna get you much, if anything it could hurt your site nowadays, so I wouldn't recommend it for that but if anyone has had good experience with it please correct me. I keep seeing gigs for turning your website into a mobile app, which I could use down the road but I'm guessing that for $10 this is probably too good to be true as well, anyone tried that gig?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Why didn't you tell me you did this!!! lol

I can use a few reviews. Maybe I can even send you a sample so you can give me a truly honest review.

I just started doing them a few weeks ago.

And only if you deliver to Canada :p Unfortunately, I myself have no use for a paint brush cover (no paint) but my dad could definitely use it. My parents wanna finish the basement and repaint my old room.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
And only if you deliver to Canada :p Unfortunately, I myself have no use for a paint brush cover (no paint) but my dad could definitely use it. My parents wanna finish the basement and repaint my old room.

PM me your address and I'll send one out.

BTW- Just ordered your services. :)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
PM me your address and I'll send one out.

BTW- Just ordered your services. :)

Just send the information and I'll write you the reviews.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
Full Disclosure: I'm building a service to somewhat compete with Fiverr

I've had little luck with most services, but what can you expect for $5?

But, the best gig, bar none, are user tests/beta testers who will test your service using screencast software. Unlike other websites, you don't have to pay for a subscription or a package of user tests, you can buy a single test for $5.

Just watching how a possible user uses your app has extraordinary value.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Full Disclosure: I'm building a service to somewhat compete with Fiverr

I've had little luck with most services, but what can you expect for $5?

But, the best gig, bar none, are user tests/beta testers who will test your service using screencast software. Unlike other websites, you don't have to pay for a subscription or a package of user tests, you can buy a single test for $5.

Just watching how a possible user uses your app has extraordinary value.

Why compete with Fiverr?

It's kind of got its own novelty thing going: what would you do for $5?

Granted, a large number of the gigs on Fiverr are absolute garbage (who would design a GOOD logo for you for $5? Shell out the extra $94 on 99designs). But rating is a dead giveaway: high ratings = great gigs. The more orders they've taken, the better.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Why compete with Fiverr?

I could see a site called "fiddy" being setup where everything is $50. For that price I can't help but imagine the quality of service for high-order requests would be much better.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Why compete with Fiverr?

But rating is a dead giveaway: high ratings = great gigs. The more orders they've taken, the better.

That is not necessarily true at all!!!!

I used a guy on fiverr who had an excellent rating- he upsold me 11 additional units--- I didn't know, so my $5 dollar gig wound up costing me $60. It was a CRAP job... I found a guy on Fiverr to make 11 or 12 corrections to what this guy did, thus giving me exactly what I should have paid for the 1st time around for: $5!!!

So the 1st guy with the good ratings totally got over on me... And did a CRAPPY CRAPPY job.

As someone else on this forum noted, it is truly incredible and amazing what someone will do for $5.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Why compete with Fiverr?

It's kind of got its own novelty thing going: what would you do for $5?

Granted, a large number of the gigs on Fiverr are absolute garbage (who would design a GOOD logo for you for $5? Shell out the extra $94 on 99designs). But rating is a dead giveaway: high ratings = great gigs. The more orders they've taken, the better.

It's a minimum of $300 on 99Designs, FYI.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I haven't used it to hire anybody, mainly cause I haven't spent the time to look through at all the different gigs. But I have used it to generate some spare change. (drop shipping/wholesale lists, and romantic date ideas) Generated about $30 for about 20 mins of my time.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It's a minimum of $300 on 99Designs, FYI.

I'd still rather pay $300 for an excellent logo than $5 for a lame one.

jljtech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2012
Florida
I have had some great success with Fiverr. It got to the point that I had to pause my service to give myself an opportunity to meet the order demand. It truly is a great marketplace for small services and there are some real gems to be found.

It is kind of funny how I got started. I basically said to myself, "let me just try this out". I did some brainstorming and identified something that I could offer which would provide great value to my buyers while not taking me too long to complete. $4k later and I am really shocked!

Right now I am working on the upsell. Fiverr is fairly strict about its users pushing customers outside of fiverr. They have even cracked down on messaging someone with your email address. Regardless, there are a number of ways to engage your customer and entice them to visit your offerings outside of the site.

All in all, selling and buying is great on fiverr. Like I said before, there are some real gem's being offered.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.