The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First sale 20mins after launch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Earlier today I launched an ecommerce store that I have been putting together on the side...

I've been selling this product for a couple of weeks locally in my city, but finally got the online side of it set up

Here is a little timeline of how this little project went:

- initial idea/concept
- get validation from target audience
- source product
- order sample stock
- receive sample
- order first run
- buy domain
- set up ecommerce store
- register business
- set up bank accounts and payment processing
- get designs and graphics done
- get social media running
- make Facebook ad campaign
- sales

I set up my ad campaigns and left the house to go coach.

20mins later I got this cool notification

2udyvch.jpg

First online sale!

Since then a few more have trickled in..

I've spent 3.54 on ads, costing me 0.03-0.04 per engagement! Relevance score is 10/10 right now.

Fulfilment and drop shipping will be organised soon, and I will continue to optimize the ads. Still fixing up more tracking and analytics for the ads and the online store and looking to add more products.

This is just a little side thing for me and I'll try and keep everyone that is interested up to date with it.

But the main thing to take from this is to TAKE ACTION.

Other than waiting for my product to arrive to me, the rest of the process was accomplished in less then a week.

And for anyone with affiliate marketing/Internet marketing experience... Take advantage of the skills you have learned to drive traffic and sales and apply it takes o something.

I have been using copy and advertising to great benefit in my personal business, and as a real estate agent. Make it work for you.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the post office to mail these new orders out :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Earlier today I launched an ecommerce store that I have been putting together on the side...

I've been selling this product for a couple of weeks locally in my city, but finally got the online side of it set up

Here is a little timeline of how this little project went:

- initial idea/concept
- get validation from target audience
- source product
- order sample stock
- receive sample
- order first run
- buy domain
- set up ecommerce store
- register business
- set up bank accounts and payment processing
- get designs and graphics done
- get social media running
- make Facebook ad campaign
- sales

I set up my ad campaigns and left the house to go coach.

20mins later I got this cool notification

2udyvch.jpg

First online sale!

Since then a few more have trickled in..

I've spent 3.54 on ads, costing me 0.03-0.04 per engagement! Relevance score is 10/10 right now.

Fulfilment and drop shipping will be organised soon, and I will continue to optimize the ads. Still fixing up more tracking and analytics for the ads and the online store and looking to add more products.

This is just a little side thing for me and I'll try and keep everyone that is interested up to date with it.

But the main thing to take from this is to TAKE ACTION.

Other than waiting for my product to arrive to me, the rest of the process was accomplished in less then a week.

And for anyone with affiliate marketing/Internet marketing experience... Take advantage of the skills you have learned to drive traffic and sales and apply it takes o something.

I have been using copy and advertising to great benefit in my personal business, and as a real estate agent. Make it work for you.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the post office to mail these new orders out :)

Stu, that's awesome.

Is it real estate related? Bigger than a bread box.....

I am also in real estate, and I have made millions; came to the Fastlane to learn how to leverage it to the next level.

If I only learn a tiny portion of the vast knowledge of the some of the MFL studs, I will be ahead of about 90% of the other RE Folks.

Oh, oops.... I meant to say I made millions for my boss.

MK

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
How did you test validation since it appears you did so before ordering?

Also, I noticed in your timeline that you ordered a first sample then ordered a first run. Was this to test the quality or ensure you would receive something from the supplier before committing to a full batch?​

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Hah..I shouldn't complain, after all, they were gracious enough to have security help me clean out my desk and walk me to my car after they fired me.

Now, back to the thread at hand...

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Stu, that's awesome.

Is it real estate related? Bigger than a bread box.....

I am also in real estate, and I have made millions; came to the Fastlane to learn how to leverage it to the next level.

If I only learn a tiny portion of the vast knowledge of the some of the MFL studs, I will be ahead of about 90% of the other RE Folks.

Oh, oops.... I meant to say I made millions for my boss.

MK

Hey MK,

Not real estate related. Just a product that I'm getting manufactured.

But I have been a real estate agent for 3months now. And the things that I've learned from here, and affiliate marketing and copywriting has been helping me get more appraisals and listing opportunities.

I do have an idea for the real estate market, I might attempt to work on it in the future, but I really just wanted to learn the industry better.

I know what you mean, it sucks only earning 25% of the agency fee. (I'm not sure how it is in the states, but that's how it is here),

You can always look at being a principle or owning your own agency. But you have the experience in the industry you will know it better then I do. Maybe we can discuss things more sometime.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
How did you test validation since it appears you did so before ordering?

Also, I noticed in your timeline that you ordered a first sample then ordered a first run. Was this to test the quality or ensure you would receive something from the supplier before committing to a full batch?​

The idea was brewing for a little while. I asked anyone that had this interest what they thought about it, and they all wanted it.

I got another project I'll be doing soon where I did the same thing. But this time I even went ahead and made some classified ads for the service on Craigslist and a few other sites. 9 people have responded within a day asking for the service, when they can get it, how much..

This validates that people are ready to pay for this, and I'll go ahead and try it.

I Only ask friends if I know they are potential customers of the product or services. And then anyone I come across who has that interest I bring it up in a conversation and see what they have to say about it. Sometimes they suggest even better things you can add in

Yes, mainly ordered a sample size to test the quality before committing.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Nothing better than getting a sales notification while you are enjoying your day
There is. Turning sales notifications off because you get too many of them.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
No more new sales. But I'm playing around with the Facebook ads.

Question to those that run them often:

Currently trying out the conversions to website feature for getting people to add a relatively cheap item in the cart.

I'm about to test a variety of ads, what's the most efficient way of putting them all up? and will I need a conversion pixel from each ad placed into my shopify cart html?

I want to know which ads convert better without having to implement tracking202 type of affiliate stuff in my URLs and links.

I'm also getting the fb pixel up on the product page all the ads are directed to. Because I've had 17 visits from fb so far from the ad that I started running. My daily limit is $5 right now.

Still running a PPE ad that is receiving great reach, likes and comments but the sales have stopped coming from these. It's still running at 0.04c ppe

@theag any advice?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.