The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding people to help for coding their website

A

Anon101637

Hi ! Does anyone in the forum here has been in freelance to begin the journey DeMarco actually funded his business with freelance by arriving in Arizona he was helping on coding the website for new york business does it still work today ?

From my research on the internet I found the website Fiverr and UpWork I sent upwork request to help clients with their website but most of them seems to be scammer who would just not give the money after the result deliver. Then I tried Fiverr and no one seems to want my gig. I'm a pretty decent web developer because I built a website by myself and I would like to help people with building their website however I don't like using Shopify or Wordpress since for me it violates one of the five CENTS principals because Shopify and Wordpress have their own hosting service. But most of the buyer on UpWork and Fiverr most want a website on WordPress or Shopify what should I do ? I tried the website Freelancer.com but again the website itself is a scam since they want you to pay like couple of cents for a bid just to be a seller of the service. So that's when I came to the conclusion that freelancing is either the buyer get stressed af when finding people to do the work because either the seller doesn't do the work or the quality is horrible which doesn't fit the seller's promise. Or either the seller does the job but get no money in the end but the buyer is the one who is the most stressed af because he has more to lose and most of the time buyers have to run a business so they don't want to lose money.

My question now is : How DeMarco started freelancing back in the days where websites where static plain HTML ? Is it still possible to make the first experience with freelancing for a soon college canadian graduate who wants to enter the journey after graduation. ? Considering the fact that I'm going to soon have a job as a backend developer and plan on building my business over the year and gain the skills necessary to run a software business

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Shameless plug for the man, the legend, the myth @Fox

Check out this free ebook Rob made for people asking the same questions as you.

Go read his numerous threads including this famous GOLD thread he's been contributing to for almost 6 years now.

Check out his informative YouTube channel with plenty of actionable content.

Become a power user of the search feature of the forum - it will save you the trouble of having to draft threads to ask questions that have many answers, and get you to take action sooner.

1658074032305.png

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Shameless plug for the man, the legend, the myth @Fox

Check out this free ebook Rob made for people asking the same questions as you.

Go read his numerous threads including this famous GOLD thread he's been contributing to for almost 6 years now.

Check out his informative YouTube channel with plenty of actionable content.

Become a power user of the search feature of the forum - it will save you the trouble of having to draft threads to ask questions that have many answers, and get you to take action sooner.

View attachment 44431

Ha thanks @AceVentures!
My question now is : How DeMarco started freelancing back in the days where websites where static plain HTML ?

I actually interview @MJ DeMarco recently about how he got started. You can find it here...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.