The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding ideas

Idea threads

Helenoliver

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2012
I only finished the book a couple of days ago, but I am already frustrated as to what I am going todo. I have been reading this forum and the advice that some of the experts or even non experts give is helpful, although I have come across a couple a posts warning you away from businesses in the Internet which surprises me, because is that not what this forum and the book is mostly about?
Now I have started thinking on things we could use in the house, when I was sat on the loo I thought a toilet tissue dispenser (could have been done, and I don't fancy that one):rolleyes:
this website has some great ideas from it I have 4 possible inventions
Miscellaneous Ideas - Creativity Pool

Helen

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I suggest taking a step back and calm yourself. Don't just jump on an idea, make sure it satisfies CENTS, also spend some time learning about business(if you don't already) learn some SEO, social marketing, analyzing competitors, there are TONS of articles/blogs and websites out there that you can learn a lot from.

One thing I do to help with ideas is whenever I find something I find annoying or something then I will write it down or when I hear someone complaining. Afterward I then look these up, I will either find something to satisfy or something to help my own problem.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Miscellaneous Ideas - Creativity Pool

There are some great ideas there ... anyone looking for an idea, there are some posted that could have legs.

And of course, there are some that aren't that good, but actually funny. :)

Gas Transformation Underwear Printer Friendly Version
It is embarrassing when you flatulate in public, at a business meeting, or in front of your family and friends. You know it's going to smell horrible and possibly give off a loud sound.
The solution is a specially designed underwear for men and women that has a pad which covers the anus and allows the gas to activate a special chemical which overpowers the horrible gas smell and turns it into a pleasant cherry or other selected fragrance. It will also silence the noise.

Toao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 29, 2012
Germany - close to Europe
Before you jump into a business you should find out if (apart from you) there are more people to like the idea.
There are numerous ways to find out, like create a small website and see about the feedback you get by google
adwords, etc. My personal way to find out if the actual idea makes sense (solves a problem, is of worth, etc.) is
to talk to a number of people and simply ask wether they like it or not and probably what they would pay for
roughly for a solution. The more you ask the better you can judge if your idea/product will have
an impact or not. You'd never believe what people tell you and come up with suggestions and ideas when you simply ask
them. As roughly 95% of humanity probably never get things done and just wonder why people around
them are successful, there is nothing much to fear like one of the people you talk to will steal your idea etc.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
And of course, there are some that aren't that good, but actually funny.
Don't rule out the funny ideas! We've all heard about the Snuggie. Funny? Yes. Made Millions? Yes. Good idea? No. Ideas are important but I concur that it's the time and effort put into it that counts. My "idea" is neither brilliant nor unique, but I feel I can do it better than anyone thus far. That's why I choose it. (It also meets CENTS and all of MJ's philosophies which, after much personal research, seem to be spot on). My advice might be to re-read the book, follow headline news, and run simple google searches for "Common customer complaints about X,Y, or Z." This should help you find a way to identify a niche and begin your execution. Best of luck!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
although I have come across a couple a posts warning you away from businesses in the Internet which surprises me, because is that not what this forum and the book is mostly about?

The book does reference internet based businesses however there are many roads (business paths) to the fastlane. Internet, apps, tech startups, real estate, licensing, authoring, inventing, franchising and brick and mortar businesses. I'm not sure what posts you're referencing that say stay away from internet biz but those maybe warnings of internet biz that don't meet CENTS guidelines.

Here are some great threads to really dig into:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/mindset-motivation-choices/41404-what-one-year-forum-can-do.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/35694-addicted-passive-income-deposits.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/internet-mobile-apps-software/38312-ask-me-about-ecommerce.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/29468-diary-opening-new-business.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/mindset-motivation-choices/30422-if-you-ever-feel-stuck-read.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/25393-mj-offering-free-mentoring.html

Helenoliver

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2012
Thank you all, great advice.
Yes there were some very funny posts. I was reading in one of my girly mags this month on a new craze, a pillow that has an arm that cuddles you while you sleep, great idea for singletons.
My stupid idea is to give people sick bags when they are out drinking, I have a phobia that I hate seeing people puking specialy on a night out. ( i wouldnt do it, but how would you advertise it!)

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I find the concept of somebody not having a good idea perplexing.
Most people I communicate with have 15+ viable business ideas floating around in their head or in a notebook somewhere.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.