Hello all, I'm currently a medical student, and I'm quite sure that I don't want to go into traditional medical practice, neither in the hospital nor in private practice. There's so much more in the world, and I'd much rather be contributing to the zeitgeist in some way (or at least doing something more profitable than fee-for-service medicine).
I'll never be Bezos, Gates or Jobs, but I still want to be ahead of the curve on something. But there is still alot of uncertainty I'm struggling with:
-Firstly, and most importantly, I don't know how to even start looking for a niche, much less one that hasn't been completely occupied yet. The only one I've been able to come up with is cosmetics, but that's horribly oversaturated
-I'd like to restrict myself to fields in which I can actually leverage my medical degree (e.g. if I go into healthcare equity or banking or something I'd essentially be 26 starting 4 years later than others in my position)
-As previously mentioned, I'd like to do something on the newer side of medical advances (just a random example, CRISPR/gene editing seems promising right now)
The only thing I know right now is that whatever I do, I want to be in charge of my own business.
How exactly do I start looking for something to dedicate myself to?
I'll never be Bezos, Gates or Jobs, but I still want to be ahead of the curve on something. But there is still alot of uncertainty I'm struggling with:
-Firstly, and most importantly, I don't know how to even start looking for a niche, much less one that hasn't been completely occupied yet. The only one I've been able to come up with is cosmetics, but that's horribly oversaturated
-I'd like to restrict myself to fields in which I can actually leverage my medical degree (e.g. if I go into healthcare equity or banking or something I'd essentially be 26 starting 4 years later than others in my position)
-As previously mentioned, I'd like to do something on the newer side of medical advances (just a random example, CRISPR/gene editing seems promising right now)
The only thing I know right now is that whatever I do, I want to be in charge of my own business.
How exactly do I start looking for something to dedicate myself to?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
