The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MVP in medical industry

whirl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 20, 2018
Poland
Hello,
I’m writing to ask you for some advice. I have a product idea in the medical industry. This can help a lot of elderly people and oncology patients. It won’t be something new, but my product will improve health and make possible surgery safer to the patient. Unfortunately, invention and manufacturing that will cost me a lot of money and some time. I have read almost all topics about the minimum viable product and I think how is it possible to do it on that field? Do you have any idea how can I test my niche before starting?
Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
It all depends on what type of product it is. But I don't suggest you start building an MVP right away. The goal of the MVP is to provide the core features and allow for customer feedback while it's in use. I suggest you build a low or medium fidelity prototype first. You can make these really quickly: it can be a sketch, CAD drawing or a physical prototype. The goal is not to create something that looks and feels great, the goal is to first validate the market need for your idea, before you start building a high fidelity prototype or an MVP. Go out and meet people in your target audience and show them your prototype. Gather feedback and improve your prototype. Keep iterating until you have a clear enough picture of what your customers want. Once you identify the core features/benefits they are looking for, then you build your MVP. By that time you've shown that there is legitimate interest for your product, which will help in case you want to bring on investors to actually build the product.

I work in Innovation Management so I build prototypes all the time. This course is a great resource if you want to get your head around the concept of prototyping (it's free and quick to get through, I took it last year): Rapid Prototyping | Udacity

If you need help, feel free to send me a DM.

whirl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 20, 2018
Poland
It all depends on what type of product it is. But I don't suggest you start building an MVP right away. The goal of the MVP is to provide the core features and allow for customer feedback while it's in use. I suggest you build a low or medium fidelity prototype first. You can make these really quickly: it can be a sketch, CAD drawing or a physical prototype. The goal is not to create something that looks and feels great, the goal is to first validate the market need for your idea, before you start building a high fidelity prototype or an MVP. Go out and meet people in your target audience and show them your prototype. Gather feedback and improve your prototype. Keep iterating until you have a clear enough picture of what your customers want. Once you identify the core features/benefits they are looking for, then you build your MVP. By that time you've shown that there is legitimate interest for your product, which will help in case you want to bring on investors to actually build the product.

I work in Innovation Management so I build prototypes all the time. This course is a great resource if you want to get your head around the concept of prototyping (it's free and quick to get through, I took it last year): Rapid Prototyping | Udacity

If you need help, feel free to send me a DM.

Thank you for your answer @Creed. I have an idea about the prototype . I think I can use 3D printing to do it. I will take a look for your course and after that I'll text you if I have any question!
Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.