The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally starting something

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
It took me a while to get to this point but I'm finally doing it.

I woke up 4 hours past my alarm today, which sucks, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I've learned many things and have decided to start putting that knowledge to use.

I don't know how I'm going to organize these posts yet. I suppose I will post daily updates on what I've done, what I'm doing, and what I plan to do.

I am starting a blog with a partner. The current goal is to put out content 3 times a week, building up a following, and to start making money putting advertisements on it. I have an idea of what I can do to generate more income after that but I can't look too far ahead. I don't have much money at the moment, but i'm using the last of it to own a domain and pay for 1 year of hosting. I'm putting everything I've got into this.

I am nervous but I know I can start making money in 1 year.

Currently I am making a homepage for the website. I won't spend much time on this because the content is the most important part. I will finish the website tonight and start working on helpful, and entertaining posts. After that, I will work on getting it out into the world.

I will post an update tomorrow on how things are going. I think it's pretty simple.
I just need to make valuable content and then get it out there for people to see.
Simple isn't always easy but I am prepared.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
It took me a while to get to this point but I'm finally doing it.

I woke up 4 hours past my alarm today, which sucks, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I've learned many things and have decided to start putting that knowledge to use.

I don't know how I'm going to organize these posts yet. I suppose I will post daily updates on what I've done, what I'm doing, and what I plan to do.

I am starting a blog with a partner. The current goal is to put out content 3 times a week, building up a following, and to start making money putting advertisements on it. I have an idea of what I can do to generate more income after that but I can't look too far ahead. I don't have much money at the moment, but i'm using the last of it to own a domain and pay for 1 year of hosting. I'm putting everything I've got into this.

I am nervous but I know I can start making money in 1 year.

Currently I am making a homepage for the website. I won't spend much time on this because the content is the most important part. I will finish the website tonight and start working on helpful, and entertaining posts. After that, I will work on getting it out into the world.

I will post an update tomorrow on how things are going. I think it's pretty simple.
I just need to make valuable content and then get it out there for people to see.
Simple isn't always easy but I am prepared.

I’m glad you’re finally starting something. But you need to be realistic, you say you don’t have much money? Well you should probably get a job to earn some income and gain some skills while you build this blog up.

Building an audience can take years and gaining an income even more so, if you’re putting so much pressure on yourself to earn an income so quickly from this then you will likely fail due to burn out or overwhelm.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I’m glad you’re finally starting something. But you need to be realistic, you say you don’t have much money? Well you should probably get a job to earn some income and gain some skills while you build this blog up.

Building an audience can take years and gaining an income even more so, if you’re putting so much pressure on yourself to earn an income so quickly from this then you will likely fail due to burn out or overwhelm.

Just my two cents. Good luck.
Thanks for the input! I will be fine. I am gaining skills now, and I have the means to survive just fine while putting all my effort into this. I'm still mommy's little basement dweller, and she won't kick me out, so I won't be homeless unless I walk out on my own lol.

Thanks again!

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
Posting a bit late today but I will stick to it!

Day 2
Been having a bit of anxiety lately, it's gotten pretty bad. I think I'm finally starting to feel that this isn't going to be some fun game.

Partner I was going to do this with backed out. They were mostly good motivation for me. Even so, I will continue to do my best to produce results because now that i've started this thread I don't want to be labeled a quitter, especially on day 2.

I have done all the easy work setting everything up(social media, website, schedule) so now I will focus on getting together a week's worth of content. After that I will do what I can to get people to see it, and give feedback. If they don't like it, I will first see if the people who can see it are the right audience. If so, and it's still not good enough, I will improve it.

I think that once I start getting into the groove of this, I won't be so anxious anymore. Just thinking about all of this can be a little overwhelming so I need to stop thinking and start doing!

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I've skipped a day as there isn't really much I can say here. One interesting thing is that now that I have something i'm working on, my mother tells me a friend of hers can get me a job, and now my neighbors want me to do work for them. That's cool and maybe I'll take the work but I'm going to start working even harder on my own business.

I have decided not to put ads on my site after thinking about what others would rather see. I will sell products and maybe services that help people out. I guess I won't post here every single day but I will make sure to keep working towards some results!

Ocelot

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Apr 13, 2018
UK
I have decided not to put ads on my site after thinking about what others would rather see. I will sell products and maybe services that help people out. I guess I won't post here every single day but I will make sure to keep working towards some results!

It sounds like you don't even really have an idea yet, let alone a plan.

Shouldn't you have waited until you have something a little more concrete until you started this thread?

You need to figure out:
  • What products/services you're going to sell
  • Who are the type of people that buy those products/services
  • How you're going to gain access to those people
  • How you're going to provide them value
  • How you're going to convince them that the value of your product outweighs the cost
  • How much money you need to make each month
  • The calculation of (Price of product) X (Amount I need to sell a month) = Monthly Income Goal
You can't execute if you have no plan to execute on.

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
It sounds like you don't even really have an idea yet, let alone a plan.

Shouldn't you have waited until you have something a little more concrete until you started this thread?

You need to figure out:
  • What products/services you're going to sell
  • Who are the type of people that buy those products/services
  • How you're going to gain access to those people
  • How you're going to provide them value
  • How you're going to convince them that the value of your product outweighs the cost
  • How much money you need to make each month
  • The calculation of (Price of product) X (Amount I need to sell a month) = Monthly Income Goal
You can't execute if you have no plan to execute on.
I actually had a solid plan but there were a few things I overlooked and that changed my plans. However, Things are looking up. Maybe I shouldn't have posted since I don't really want to say what exactly i'm doing right now, which could make this whole thread useless.

My main excuse is i've been awake for a couple of days now so i'm probably not thinking straight.

Thank you for the reply, I think I can get back on track.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
There are a million things I could get in to but I'll stick to the path you are on. There is a cartoon I've had since about 1990, it's Willy & Ethel and reads: At first I woke up and thought it was Sunday and then I realized it was Monday and then I realized it doesn't really matter.

What does it matter what time you make a blog post? You were down on your self for sleeping 4 hours passed your alarm. So let's do something realistic for you. I'm assuming you stay up late. So don't set yourself up for failure..... you're not waking up until 11am.... right? I bet this is part of the reason you've never had a job. Maybe your mom has always told you that you need to start early in the morning blah blah blah.... I know mine always did. That's not true.... let's take quite a few businesses, it doesn't matter if you don't start until 1pm. If you get yourself a mower and mow some yards why does it matter if you don't start until 2pm? You can mow 4 yards, make $100 and be home by 5pm. Go get a job at McDonald's. You don't need to be there until 3pm to apply and you can set your schedule so you don't have to get up until noon!

I'm just trying to get you up out of bed and out of the house realistically, not set some schedule that you won't follow. Get a job to make a little money and then you might start feeling a little more responsible. So tell me.... what is wrong with my idea?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I started that post this morning and then had to leave before I posted it so I didn't see that you said you had been up for a couple of days.... I won't go in to speculation......

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I started that post this morning and then had to leave before I posted it so I didn't see that you said you had been up for a couple of days.... I won't go in to speculation......
I will take your advice. I've been awake a couple of days simply because I drank a few cups of a strong coffee that people normally take a shot of. It's made me feel anxious the past few days too. I am pretty sure that's what my problem was.

So far, i've gotten a bit of feedback on my content and it looks like it could be good if i keep it up. Also, I realised I can advertise in a few more places than I expected.

I have offers for work, which i'll take a few, and I've been getting lots of help from the replies people post!

Thank you for the advice, I will put it to good use.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.