The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally moving to Scottsdale, Arizona!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I want to do business on craigslist(slowlane), and, would like to make commutes convenient for buyers and sellers.
The closest spot to the center of mass would put you in a not-so-good location. MJ's suggestion takes you just north of the center and into a good location. You could also look at north Tempe and south Scottsdale near the 101 and 202 intersection. Stay west of 101 and either north or south of 202

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
We're thinking about setting up a small office in Scottsdale, mainly for @TheTruth and I, but we be open to sharing it with some other entrepreneurs in the area.

Ideally, we'd have some extra space and a few desks if some Fastlaners/Entrepreneurs wanted to drop by and hang out for a few days, or something.

Would be cool to visit for a few days, mention it to tech groups as a cowork space and you could meet a lot off great people that could potentially be great contacts

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I like green too BUT blue is my favorite color.

rW8xCow.jpg

To which I reply:

rbz-pennybacker-bridge-dog-021.jpg

and

3-4997-Texas-Capitol-Bldg.jpg

and finally,

jwj-bluebonnets-043b.jpg

Plus we have a pretty rockin' entrepreneurial community....

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Deception. I don't see mosquito netting. I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in 10 years. In Austin, I think it happens every 10 seconds.:eek:

On a realistic note, I think today is the hottest day of the year so far in Phoenix .... 115 and I even heard 118. in some places. Right about now @Eskil should be saying "WTF was I thinking????"

I was wondering why it felt so much hotter today on my hike this morning. I even got there earlier than I ever have. Was a real struggle today and I could've used more water.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
@AllenCrawley

I will say this: I visited Scottsdale a few years ago for a conference (during the early summer) and just LOVED it. Of course that danged photoradar gave me a ticket but still...an awesome trip. Gotta love the lazy river at that hotel... :)

The Roaring Fork invite just reminded me of that trip.

+1 for sun

I've also been to wrestling camps at ASU and visited friends at AU and loved my experiences there as well...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I could be. Perhaps you could start this in a new thread in the meetup category.
Yeah a dinner meetup would be cool.
I also created a Facebook group just now for the 'locals' and we can arrange meetups in there too :)

Please pm me if you didn't receive an invite yet

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
And no one has air conditioning, at least in rentals. 86 today with 70+% humidity. I occasionally find myself thinking that it's crazy to move somewhere that's 30 degrees hotter, but then I remember hot places have great AC

Yes... this exactly. I first got to experience in-home air-conditioning when I came to the US (when I was 23). Air-conditioning in homes are pretty much unheard of where I'm from (and from what I hear it's pretty uncommon even in the UK), so all that humid/muggy heat also comes inside your home and you're tossing and turning in sweaty bedsheets all night in the heat of summer, lol.

@bensonj - You can use Raid on those things like you can a wasp or bee?

Side note: A while ago I talked to an older woman who left Scottsdale and moved to WA because she "loves the rain" (yes seriously, lol). Anyway, she said they had a scorpion problem where they lived, to where they had to put slippers on at night to go the bathroom because they would frequently be in and around their hallway or bathroom at night. Yikes. She also said if you have fruit trees around your home, scorpions are somehow drawn to that but I'm not sure how much truth there is to this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been wanting to get to one of these but have yet to make it to one.

Indian Bend and the 101, probably until 9pm. Yup, today Saturday.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I dont want to hijack your thread but what part of arizona would be best to be in the middle of everything for business.

I want to do business on craigslist(slowlane), and, would like to make commutes convenient for buyers and sellers.

I should be there by late next month at the latest.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I currently have direct tv for cable and century link for internet. We are contemplating making a switch back to Cox. The research that I have done does not show a clear winner between the two. They are the biggest players in the valley.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I think what will surprise you is how much it's going to rain in August. And when it rains, it really rains!
Most of our annual rainfall comes from a couple of storms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
but that's a price I'm willing to pay for having palm trees. LOVE palm trees.

I like palms also. There are other types that are not so messy and have a nicer looking structure to them.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Jason, Boris:
Do you care where this office is at? Because my office/warehouse is too small and I'm looking to move to a bigger place. But my office is going to be probably closer to N. Scottsdale. If I can get some short commitments for office space, I will lease a much larger building. You guys probably want to be in Old Town though right?

Yah - we're looking at Office Space in old town, right near the Breakfast Club actually.

I think we both want to be near Old Town, and we have a friend with Office Space right near there.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

allthatjazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 31, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes! Great to hear you made it out here! Keep me in the meet up loop!

Internet: I use centurylink and it has been OK depending on what you are used to. Occasional outages, maybe 1 in 6 months. Now that I'm out in Fountain Hills the only available option has been 12mbps which isn't super speedy, but it's getting the job done.

Bonus question - what lesser known fact might pleasantly surprise me about Scottsdale after moving there?
The monsoons! Maybe not your cup of tea, but when the clouds come in to block that brutal sun, along with all the rain and lightening - it's a welcome change.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.