The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally Launched my Website. Please Critique It.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Today is the official Launch of my website. As most of you know, I created a product for the painting industry and have been working on this for over a year. We have had the product in hand for almost 2 weeks now. The website was delayed for a few reasons but it is finally ready to go.

Please review it and let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome, whether it be positive or negative.

The Paint Brush Cover - Save Time, Save Money!

Thanks! :)

P.s.- The video is currently in the process of being filmed. It will be up within the next 2 weeks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Turboboost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 11, 2012
Hi

I just visited your site and it looks great. The site is simple to navigate and the product information is clearly written (got all I need to know about your product in a few minutes). When you'll add the video, it will be perfect in my opinion. I wish you a lot of success with this interesting product!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I was looking for a more pronounced ORDER NOW button on the top right, not at the bottom.

Many have heard about it and been waiting to order -- make it easy for them to do. Make a better ORDER NOW button.

Other than that, it is simple and to the point but I am sure that will change because you do not strike me as a one-hit type of guy. Looking for more paint related products from you so get to working :smx9:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I was looking for a more pronounced ORDER NOW button on the top right, not at the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback. We are changing the color of the order now buttons to Red so that they stand out more. My web guy disagrees with me but I know this is the right move. Right now they just blend in with the page. I need that to be one of the first things they notice.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
Seems you have a web guy who does not major in sales and marketing, if he disagrees with you on this point.

Thanks for the feedback. We are changing the color of the order now buttons to Red so that they stand out more. My web guy disagrees with me but I know this is the right move. Right now they just blend in with the page. I need that to be one of the first things they notice.

Keep this in mind if you use him for the next venture. Trust him to do the design work, get someone with knowledge or sales of marketing to review his work once he is done would be my suggestion. Anyway, now you know you cannot leave these things up to him, you must follow up. ;-)

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
My thoughts exactly. I actually said the same thing to him yesterday. lol. He builds the site and I'll take care of the marketing. He's going to change it by the end of the day.

Do you think that we should add on the homepage - "follow us on Facebook and Twitter for Coupons" (or discounts)?

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
Absolutely sir you should do this.

My thoughts exactly. I actually said the same thing to him yesterday. lol. He builds the site and I'll take care of the marketing. He's going to change it by the end of the day.

Do you think that we should add on the homepage - "follow us on Facebook and Twitter for Coupons" (or discounts)?

This is part of marketing and these vehicles have been specifically designed to aid you in this purpose. Use that and all of them.

When you do that then the issue then becomes how do you keep up with all these social mediums -- it is what we are dealing with now -- but I am sure you will solve that problem as innovatively as you have solved the product issue which got you in this problem in the first place. lol

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
You could also use an Order Now! box on each inner page.

IMO I won't follow/like you just for the sake of following. Maybe you could try to give something more specific "Follow us and get a 20% discount". To redeem the coupon they could send you an email with the subject "20% OFF" and you send a CODE to use on the PayPal checkout (not sure if PayPal allows that).

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
I always think amateur if I see mis-spellings, bad sentence structure, or grammatical errors; you should address these.

I think the logo should include Cover on the same line as Paint Brush, and it should be capitalized.

Home page:
  1. The Order Now and ECO Friendly paragraphs should be in sentence case (don't capitalize the first letter of every word)
  2. Put a big BUY button where everyone can see. I'd do upper right corner.
About You page:
  • Replace "saran" with "plastic" - avoid any possible trademark issues
  • Too much capitalization again
How it Works page:
  • Last sentence in paragraph 3 is wrong - need to fix that.
  • Last sentence in paragraph 4 should say "than that" instead of "then that"
Order Now:
  • Someone else mentioned this - show the 3 and 10 pack photos.
I think the biggest problem is the inconsistent capitalization. The layout and content are good (except for the missing BUY button).

LOL - didn't even realize the Order Now section was where I'd order! I'm looking for a button.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
How it Works page:

Last sentence in paragraph 3 is wrong - need to fix that.
Last sentence in paragraph 4 should say "than that" instead of "then that"

Thanks. That slipped by me.

Order Now:

Someone else mentioned this - show the 3 and 10 pack photos.

I agree 100%

Replace "saran" with "plastic" - avoid any possible trademark issues

I had mentioned this too. We didn't put Saran on the homepage. We have to change it on other pages.

Thanks for the help. I'll get on everything asap.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I didn't look at the whole site, just randomly clicked somewhere to see if I could spot an error...

In this section:

How the Paint Brush Cover™ will Benefit the Environment

It will reduce the amount of times your brush needs to be washed, therefore reducing the amount of paint getting rinsed down the drain.
It will make Your brush last much longer which will reduce the amount of brushes that get unnecessarily thrown away each year

The first bullet looks like a sentence... (or sentence fragments--- It will.... What will?!)
The second bullet capitalized Your for some reason and did not add a period at the end. I am just pointing this out due to a uniformity concern...If the 1st bullet ends in a period, so should the second bullet. (??) And if these ARE sentences, why is your capitalized in the middle of the sentence? Or maybe you intended for it to be that way?

I'm very happy for you!

Ps. Found something else: I can speak for every Professional Painter and Do-it-Yourselfer when I say that a Good, Clean and Undamaged brush is a Painter’s Most Valuable Tool.

This is the 1st sentence on the Brush Care Tips page and it looks very awkward- due to the random capitalization...

*I only read your post, so I don't know if these things were pointed out already.

Pravs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Aug 18, 2011
Singapore
I loved 'About You' page.

Some feedback

1) In 'How it works' page mention the features in bullet points instead of long paragraphs.

2) It will be good to add a video on how your product works

3) In 'Order Now' page put PayPal logo which you can get from https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/OnlineLogoCenter-outside

4) I would remove the 'Brush Care Tips' page from the site and create a pdf file with some more content and pics. Then I will give this pdf as free gift to those who provide their name and email address through a squeeze page. You can use MailCheat(Chimp) to manage the email list. Then use this email list to followup or promote your other related products.

5) if you want to keep the brush care tips page on your site then add comments section at the bottom of the page so that others can add their own comments and tips.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Congrats.

In the Order Now page, I have to click on each of the options to see the price.

It may be easier for the user to see the prices of Individual, 3- and 10-pack together so I can clearly see a reason to buy multiple.

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California

Great job!

I have read somewhere that green call to action buttons are better because we think "go" when we see green and "stop" when we see red. It's your call though.

As for "follow us on Facebook/Twitter for a coupon" you should check out this great post on social media from Inc. It'll answer your question.

As for the order page, maybe use a price table that shows how much money/what % is saved if they bought 3 or 10 instead of just one.

:)

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
Under the Eco Friendly title, "less brushes would" should be replaced with "fewer brushes will". Just a small grammar mistake, but aside from that I think the site looks great. Nice job!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I'm taking notes and will be making changes in the upcoming week. If you know anyone that paints, help spread the word. Thanks again! :thankyousign:

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Privacy policy, conditions , and return pages are not appearing correctly due to the paths.

http://www.thepaintbrushcover.com/privacy.php

Luckily it's a 1 minute fix.

I think the navigation links could stand to be a bit bigger and stand out more also.

Overall though with incorporating the others ideas, and even just how it is now I like it.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
Great idea

With multiple brush packages. I would change the savings into exact dollars instead of Saying "over 20% saving"

I doesn't translate well

Maybe say "buy 3 and save $10 "

I think back to when mp3 players came to market everyone was advertising 1 gigabite storage as a feature. Then apple came out with an mp3 player that played 1000 songs. People understood that description better

I personally like to see my dollar savings

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
Are you targeting professional painters? Seems like a tough market, but what do I know.. Have you been in the industry or have connections?

crlerk

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 4, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Hey Likwid.

Congratulations on getting the site up. I have read some of your progress before I signed up and I have to say you are really doing great.

How are the video coming along for the site and how are you planning on displaying it on the site?

Also here are some of my feedback from my interactions on your site:
  • Display your products and pricing options on the startpage, and not in the sliders. Don't make me click if I'd like to purchase.
  • Change the slideshow up a bit and display the information together instead of in two blocks. Much easier to read
  • Work on getting some press done that you could link towards the footer.
  • Last up, duplicate the navigation from the header to the footer. If I'm on my Macbook Pro, no retina, I have to scroll the page and you just provide policies, terms and social media in the footer.

Good luck!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
With multiple brush packages. I would change the savings into exact dollars instead of Saying "over 20% saving"

I could try this. I'm going to leave it for now to see how things go. That might be something we talk about changing eventually.
Are you targeting professional painters? Seems like a tough market, but what do I know.. Have you been in the industry or have connections?

We are targeting painters and DIY'ers, which is a huge market. We're all in the industry which definitely helps.
Hey Likwid.

Congratulations on getting the site up. I have read some of your progress before I signed up and I have to say you are really doing great.

Thanks!

How are the video coming along for the site and how are you planning on displaying it on the site?

The video's coming along well. We had a minor re-shoot on Sunday. They are currently editing it. Hope to have it by the end of the week or early next week. We are going to display it in place of one of the middle boxes on the bottom. Not sure if we're going to do auto-play yet.

Display your products and pricing options on the startpage, and not in the sliders. Don't make me click if I'd like to purchase.
Change the slideshow up a bit and display the information together instead of in two blocks. Much easier to read

I'll talk to my web guy about that.

Work on getting some press done that you could link towards the footer.

This is in the works. We have some articles that will be written soon by the PDRA magazine (painting and decorating retailer), WE magazine and a popular DIY blog. Working on many more.

Last up, duplicate the navigation from the header to the footer. If I'm on my Macbook Pro, no retina, I have to scroll the page and you just provide policies, terms and social media in the footer.

I'll check that out too. Thanks for all the tips!

dljackson1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 23, 2012
MI
Hi, I think your design is good. Instead of the scrolling pics, I would use video. Introduce the problem and present your covers as the only logical solution. I really believe this would be a ton more effective.

JimSauce

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 6, 2011
The first thing that jumped out is how cheap the paintbrushes look in the first slide (the blue one with the guy holding the paintbrushes). It looks like you slapped a white outline over the paintbrushes in MS Paint. The outline of the guy on the blue background just looks cheap and screams amateur. REALLY hurts your image.

Also, you should have "PAINT BRUSH COVER" somewhere in the first slide in large type. A visitor might see "It's Finally here..." (there should be three dots, not two, btw) and wonder what's finally here until he looks to the right and reads that little box, or looks at the logo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.