The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on website - Cleaning Sevices

Marketing, social media, advertising

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
At the moment I am helping my partner get a local cleaning business into motion, it has been established and has carried out a few jobs but looking to sustain some long term, reoccurring work - both residential and commercial cleaning.

I am looking to do Adwords campaign shortly to see if we can get some google hits the website, at the current time - our links to the website have been via facebook (posting in buy swap sell groups).

So please, look at the website I have created. It has been built using Weebly and hosted externally. We wanted a simple but professional look.

The website still requires some adjusting for it to work 100% on mobile devices.

www.letitshinecleaning.com.au

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

" It prides itself in offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to not only removing the dirt, but removing the stress of cleaning."

"We pride ourselves in offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to not only removing the dirt, but removing the stress of cleaning."

And this statement- "'Let It Shine' don't just offer a cleaning service"

that fix should be obvious enough ^

In general, some of the wordage needs to be changed around and some grammar looks iffy. Even the "we pride ourselves" statement could totally be changed around to sound a bit more fluid.

D

Deleted50669

Great design: avoids clutter and gets the point across quick. color scheme is inviting and.. well, clean. No unnecessary features, good user experience.

Copy could use work in some spots as mentioned above.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
" It prides itself in offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to not only removing the dirt, but removing the stress of cleaning."

"We pride ourselves in offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to not only removing the dirt, but removing the stress of cleaning."

And this statement- "'Let It Shine' don't just offer a cleaning service"

that fix should be obvious enough ^

In general, some of the wordage needs to be changed around and some grammar looks iffy. Even the "we pride ourselves" statement could totally be changed around to sound a bit more fluid.

Thank you Omega.

I think sometimes you re-read what you have put on down so many times that you start to miss these small errors. Will change them now.

What do you think about...

"We are not only offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to removing the dirt, but also removing the stress of cleaning"

"We pride ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Our aim is not only to remove the dirt, but also the stress of cleaning"

"We pride ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Let us worry about the dirt and remove the stress of cleaning."

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Great design: avoids clutter and gets the point across quick. color scheme is inviting and.. well, clean. No unnecessary features, good user experience.

Copy could use work in some spots as mentioned above.

Thanks for comment and looking.

G

Guest34764

Thank you Omega.

"We are not only offering a quality cleaning service that is dedicated to removing the dirt, but also removing the stress of cleaning"

"We pride ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Our aim is not only to remove the dirt, but also the stress of cleaning"

"We pride ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Let us worry about the dirt and remove the stress of cleaning."

I wish I could point and tell you which one is the best however I lack experience and there are others on the forum that could probably help you more in that regard. For the sake of choosing though, I like the second one more than the others.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
I wish I could point and tell you which one is the best however I lack experience and there are others on the forum that could probably help you more in that regard. For the sake of choosing though, I like the second one more than the others.

No problem. Settled with

"We prides ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Our aim is to not only remove the dirt, but remove the stress of cleaning!"

Act. Assess. Adjust!

raden1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Dec 31, 2015
I totally missed the option to look at the other pages on your website at first glance. In other words, it wasn't obvious there were other pages I could go to. With the bar being white, and the logo being the exact same it just kind of blended in.

It is pretty bureaucratic copy, you might want to consider adding a photo of the team or owner to personalize it some.

Also:

Local. Professional. Quality.

is pretty damn vague for a headline.

Do you have a USP you can put there instead?
Are you the only cleaning service in the area?
Do you clean in x amount of time?
Are you the only one that does commercial and residential?

Just off the top of my head:

Introducing Let It Shine: The Southern Highlands Residential And Commercial Cleaning Solutions

Finally! You Can Enjoy A Stress-Free Way To Save Time And
Keep Your Business Or Home Sparkling Clean...

It's not perfect but you get the point.

Also, you might want to add an email capture too.

Thems my thoughts.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Really clean website (the colors remind me of the Baskin Robbins logo though......sweet and creamy).

My only comment is that the hamburger menu isn't readily clear, and some users might miss that especially if they're on desktop view. It's good for mobile though.
I actually didn't notice it until my 2nd visit to the site.

On desktop / tablet view, since it's only 5 menu items, I would suggest laying them out below the logo instead of hiding them away (if possible from the Weebly builder).

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
The only way to change the hamburger on Weebly is to switch designs but if you switch designs, it should let everything change over with it. I don't use those hamburgers.

If you are going for SEO, you need to add more to the pages. Less is not better. I know we talked in private but wasn't that a flyer I saw before? It was GREAT! Anyway, for SEO, make it look like this.

<h1>Best Maid Service In Wollondilly</h1>

Drag over a </> embed code in that spot above those words. Now put this:

<h1>Best House Cleaning In Macarthur</h1>

Weebly doesn't have an h1 to drag and drop. And then make a page for each town you are in and do the same thing. You can say, Best Cleaning or Best Maid Service or what ever you want but the h1 is needed in order to get above the other guys on Google. Once the site is published, the <h1> will disappear for the user. Don't just have 23 words on the page. Fill each page with as much as possible. 600 words or more if possible. Tell what makes you different on one page. How you clean or a list of something on another page. Make the ABOUT page..... ABOUT you or the company. If you want it to be your mission page, as you currently have it, change the heading to Our Mission. Either way, it needs about 500 more words on that page and on every page.

By the way.... I just HAD to use the word Wollondilly :rofl:

Last edited:

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Have a look here, I wrote some comments.

In addition to that, try making your website load faster (especially by serving scaled images). Take a look here, I ran a speed test for you.

Also, put some more text on there & on the home page, turn each of your menu items (Residential Cleaning etc.) into a section on the page.

Wishing you lots of success with this!
P.S. Don't forget to set up local citations as well as Google My Business Profile, it's one of the greatest free traffic sources for local businesses.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Wow, so great responses. Give me a chance and I will respond to each one.

This forum is wicked!

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
I have no experience with a weebly site but I doubt you will find any customers with that site in fact I am ready to pull a tooth for every client you find. Design is off in my opinion, header is thick, hero image is your logo (logo is cool), there is an out of place footer which is extremely thick, the pictures are generic(why don't you take a picture of your guys doing cleaning), not optimized at all for SEO, your favicon is weebly W, on and on.

Pls don't be mad, I am just being honest here. My advice is take a look at the top 5 guys in your sector, see what they have done well and do it better. Check the keywords they rank for, and redesign the site around.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
I totally missed the option to look at the other pages on your website at first glance. In other words, it wasn't obvious there were other pages I could go to. With the bar being white, and the logo being the exact same it just kind of blended in.

It is pretty bureaucratic copy, you might want to consider adding a photo of the team or owner to personalize it some.

Also:

is pretty damn vague for a headline.

Do you have a USP you can put there instead?
Are you the only cleaning service in the area?
Do you clean in x amount of time?
Are you the only one that does commercial and residential?

Just off the top of my head:

Introducing Let It Shine: The Southern Highlands Residential And Commercial Cleaning Solutions

Finally! You Can Enjoy A Stress-Free Way To Save Time And
Keep Your Business Or Home Sparkling Clean...

It's not perfect but you get the point.

Also, you might want to add an email capture too.

Thems my thoughts.

Appreciate the feedback. Local. Professional. Quality was something I honestly thought of on the fly, I have re-read that over and over - it doesn't give away any information as to what we are about. I have made a minor update but will change this after some more thought.

I think our problem with using a saying like "The Southern Highlands Residential And Commercial Cleaning Solutions " is that we plan on covering a large area that spans multiple areas. Would stating a specific one reduce our traffic?

Maybe include pricing in your page?

We have considered this, though at the moment we have had a reasonable amount of enquiries for quoting. I'll see how we go moving forward. Also, haven't done a huge amount of cleaning yet so still finding our feet for pricing/hours to do certain works.

Really clean website (the colors remind me of the Baskin Robbins logo though......sweet and creamy).

My only comment is that the hamburger menu isn't readily clear, and some users might miss that especially if they're on desktop view. It's good for mobile though.
I actually didn't notice it until my 2nd visit to the site.

On desktop / tablet view, since it's only 5 menu items, I would suggest laying them out below the logo instead of hiding them away (if possible from the Weebly builder).

Thankyou for the comments. Not too familiar as to if this is possible with weebly builder but will keep mucking around with features.

The only way to change the hamburger on Weebly is to switch designs but if you switch designs, it should let everything change over with it. I don't use those hamburgers.

If you are going for SEO, you need to add more to the pages. Less is not better. I know we talked in private but wasn't that a flyer I saw before? It was GREAT! Anyway, for SEO, make it look like this.

<h1>Best Maid Service In Wollondilly</h1>

Drag over a </> embed code in that spot above those words. Now put this:

<h1>Best House Cleaning In Macarthur</h1>

Weebly doesn't have an h1 to drag and drop. And then make a page for each town you are in and do the same thing. You can say, Best Cleaning or Best Maid Service or what ever you want but the h1 is needed in order to get above the other guys on Google. Once the site is published, the <h1> will disappear for the user. Don't just have 23 words on the page. Fill each page with as much as possible. 600 words or more if possible. Tell what makes you different on one page. How you clean or a list of something on another page. Make the ABOUT page..... ABOUT you or the company. If you want it to be your mission page, as you currently have it, change the heading to Our Mission. Either way, it needs about 500 more words on that page and on every page.

By the way.... I just HAD to use the word Wollondilly :rofl:

Haha. Yeah, that's where I live. In the Wollondilly!

Yes it was the brochures we were discussing - which I have yet made those changes too!!! Thankyou for having a look at the website. I have done some research into the <h> tagging, didn't even know. I'm going to have to do some more research into SEO *head spins*

Will look at increasing word count on the about and etc.

Have a look here, I wrote some comments.

In addition to that, try making your website load faster (especially by serving scaled images). Take a look here, I ran a speed test for you.

Also, put some more text on there & on the home page, turn each of your menu items (Residential Cleaning etc.) into a section on the page.

Wishing you lots of success with this!
P.S. Don't forget to set up local citations as well as Google My Business Profile, it's one of the greatest free traffic sources for local businesses.

Appreciate the feedback. Have started a google my business profile now, thankyou for pointing that out. I will have to look further into local citations.

I can see what you mean about serving scaled images to increase efficiency. I'll fix this and also keep that in mind for future photos uploaded.

I have no experience with a weebly site but I doubt you will find any customers with that site in fact I am ready to pull a tooth for every client you find. Design is off in my opinion, header is thick, hero image is your logo (logo is cool), there is an out of place footer which is extremely thick, the pictures are generic(why don't you take a picture of your guys doing cleaning), not optimized at all for SEO, your favicon is weebly W, on and on.

Pls don't be mad, I am just being honest here. My advice is take a look at the top 5 guys in your sector, see what they have done well and do it better. Check the keywords they rank for, and redesign the site around.

Cheers for the comments. I have tried to fix that footer before and it will not let me resize any smaller than it currently is, which I agree - is way too thick! Downfalls on a service like Weebly I suppose.

The pictures are generic, it is one of my goals to start building some stock photos for the business. I basically got those images by searching for free to use stock photos.

I took the advice on the favicon, have uploaded a new one. Can take 24 hours apparently (?) but it is to change!

Not angry about the feedback.

Thanks again everyone so far. Will continue to make some changes and see if I can make it more SEO friendly. It seems to be a trickier exercise then first thought. I will get this side of things sorted out before I move onto adwords.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) If your visitors come from Google paid search ads then:

2) Most of your visitors will come from a mobile.

Here's a simulation of what your homepage looks like on a mobile.
How well will it answer 1) above?

eGDX9jP.png

3) Further reading:

Local lead gen simplified:

Local lead gen stuff:

Try not to review landing pages in isolation:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW

I agree. If you need help, I can help but I'll need to go in and do it myself. Too difficult to explain how to do it.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
"We prides ourselves in offering quality cleaning with exceptional customer service. Our aim is to not only remove the dirt, but remove the stress of cleaning!"

First off, it should be "We pride", not "We prides". Second sentence should be more active.
"We remove the dirt AND the stress of cleaning!" Short and to the point.

I would suggest hiring a professional copywriter off Upwork for $50 to re-write a lot of the language on your pages to really sell.

You should have a phone number in LARGE FONT, in the very top banner of the page. This is critically important.

The color of the bottom banner might match your spray bottle image, but it (to me) is really unattractive. I'd suggest more of a blue-gray.

Can you make a generic pricing page? Personally, I would prefer to get a sense of what I might be paying before contacting. Even "Residential cleaning starting from $X"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.