The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FB ADS/ Choose the Right Objective after spending 250k

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

shakeshake

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 24, 2021
Hey everyone,

In total I've already spent over 250k on Fb ads with a perfect ROI, absolutely very satisfied with this platform.
But my big question to you guys: how the F*ck can you make it work without the conversion target?

Brand awareness, clicks to the website, nothing works. Only if I directly use a conversion target will I get sales.

And yes, I tried video views and then retargeted the video views, using landing page views for example and guess what? No conversion whatsoever.
Of course, if you retarget these people with the conversion target, you will get sales, but then I can just as well start with the conversion target up front.

TL;DR = Has anyone ever brought in sales with Facebook ads without the conversion target? :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shakeshake

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 24, 2021
Hey everyone,

In total I've already spent over 250k on Fb ads with a perfect ROI, absolutely very satisfied with this platform.
But my big question to you guys: how the f*ck can you make it work without the conversion target?

Brand awareness, clicks to the website, nothing works. Only if I directly use a conversion target will I get sales.

And yes, I tried video views and then retargeted the video views, using landing page views for example and guess what? No conversion whatsoever.
Of course, if you retarget these people with the conversion target, you will get sales, but then I can just as well start with the conversion target up front.

TL;DR = Has anyone ever brought in sales with Facebook ads without the conversion target? :)
Also, I have already spent a lot of money on, for example, "adds to the shopping cart" via the Facebook pixel. And what do you get? Add to carts but no sales. I think it's really weird. Does anyone have experience with this?

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Only if I directly use a conversion target will I get sales.

that's the point. seriously!
What you could try is generating email leads or phone numbers. So you build a base which you can reach for free.
And make sure to use catalog ads, they work too. ;)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
already spent over 250k on Fb ads with a perfect ROI
Never heard of a perfect ROI. Enlighten me.

What is your price point? If it's high enough then follow ups and retargeting is gravy if you are able to convert cold(ish) traffic from the get-go at a decent ROI.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

paulan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 14, 2014
Hey everyone,

But my big question to you guys: how the f*ck can you make it work without the conversion target?

Yes, it is possible but overall you will be in a negative ROI. Traffic objective can work for easy lead generation submits or things that people can convert without much data (giveaways or whatever). For ecom you can make some sales but nothing much worth, you can retarget your visited people with traffic objective and do some sales as well but for cold traffic, I wouldn't expect anything much.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hey everyone,

That's because a lot of the other objectives get you "people" who click or like, or submit a form, but who will NEVER buy. Online advertising is affected by this issue, which I discuss extensively here in my podcast, including what causes it:

Using the "purchase" event is the safest way of protecting yourself, but unfortunately, it limits the sort of advertising you do.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
May 24, 2017
Spain
Also, I have already spent a lot of money on, for example, "adds to the shopping cart" via the Facebook pixel. And what do you get? Add to carts but no sales. I think it's really weird. Does anyone have experience with this?

I have, actually in many of my ads (mostly retargeting but in some cases for cold traffic as well) I get more sales and better ROAs optimizing for add to cart (or even in some cases for view content) than optimizing for purchase.

Generally, if my ad target audience is over 300k, purchase works better, but not always. If it is smaller and/or is a retargeting ad, add to cart or even view content is what works best for me.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Optimizing for the final event has always worked better for me than anything else. I've spent a lot on this platform, ran dozens of accounts, several of them over $100k/mo spend, and the only exceptions I've found were:

1) Brand new accounts: you can run ATC and get some purchases, but conversions always overtakes it eventually

2) Sale holidays. I remember on one BFCM weekend I ran post engagements and it got purchases. ATC was getting a better ROAS than purchases. It was interesting. We'll see what happens this year.

3) Campaigns where an action served to segment an audience (carpet bomb is an example of this)

Purchases works best and has worked best since about 2017 or so. But every account is different. For reference I mainly work with DTC ecommerce accounts that aren't super high dollar.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.