The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Favorite entrepreneur (other than MJ)

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Agreed.

LMAO. I don’t even scarcely deserve this.
I think you do and thanks for the bucks.
Would be great to hear or read an interview with you someday. You never fish for compliments just get on with it and tell us what you think, you provide a whole lot of inspiration and motivation here and I'd bet most forum readers would agree with this. Take some praise when it is deserved. Lots of us had tough upbringings and we are here to show it doesn't have to stunt your achievements. Kudos Kyle. Who agrees?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I always liked Henry Ford. Classic entrepreneur:

Didn't invent the car, assembly line, or anything else. He used processes and people to develop an amazing product.

He also treated his employees great (less turnover & highly qualified people => more efficiency). We can thank Ford for the 5 day work week... not like entrepreneurs work 5 days, but still.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Frank Sinatra.
Just been reading about him.
"He founded his own record company. He optioned books and produced movies (The Manchurian Candidate). He had his own music publishing company - because after all, if you're the singer everyone wants to get his song to, you might as well be the publisher, too. And once in a while he co-wrote a song."
Quote from Mark Steyn
Pretty awesome personality too.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Felix Dennis. He owned Dennis Publishing which published various computer magazines (which at the time, no one gave any thought to, as personal computers were a niche item, not the everyday tool that we all use) and later created Maxim magazine and he made a fortune. I found his book How To Get Rich in the bargain bin (it cost me $3.00) at a Borders and it was the book that reawakened and reaffirmed what I had felt and believed since graduating high school and working job after job: that I didn't have to play the game like everyone else, that there was another way.

Granted, Felix's book was short on how-to, but it re-ignited the flame of wanting to not be a cog in the machine. I was curious to see if he had written anything else and I went to Amazon and typed in his name. How To Get Rich came back, along with The Narrow Road (which is a more condensed version of the lessons of How To Get Rich) and various poetry books that he had written. If you get the chance, read some of his poetry and listen to him read it, as he was an outstanding poet and wrote up until his death. Along with his books were other entrepreneurial books that Amazon thought I would like and there were some I was familiar with but there was one that piqued my curiosity. It had an orange Lamborghini on the cover and it was called The Millionaire Fastlane . For those who have the new cover, the old cover was a tad different, but the content was the same and just as profound.

I tried finding it at Borders, but they didn't stock it, so I had to order it. I still have it, albeit a bit dog-eared and it was autographed by MJ. I've since bought the newer version, as I want to keep the original put away and in good condition. If it hadn't been for Felix's book in that bargain bin, I don't know if I would have found MJ's book and I would be on a very different path with a very different mindset. I owe a debt of gratitude to Felix, who unfortunately passed away from throat cancer and someone I wanted to meet and thank. But I'm thankful I read both Felix's and MJ's books and when I do find my Fastlane, I'm going to meet MJ in person and thank him. I've thanked him on here, but it will be something to shake his hand and thank him for sharing his knowledge and wisdom.

Dennis spent $100M on hookers and coke, and still died rich. It's hard not to like the guy. He was the master of keeping "Control". He got his start by writing a biography on Bruce Lee, and was still collecting royalties on it when he died.

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
The countless, nameless ones that are into stealth wealth.
  1. He has the flexibility to spend time with his family.
  2. They frequently travel and enrich their lives with new experiences.
  3. He’s doing exactly what he wants because he’s not tied down to anything.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Mr. Wonderful.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
The countless, nameless ones that are into stealth wealth.
  1. He has the flexibility to spend time with his family.
  2. They frequently travel and enrich their lives with new experiences.
  3. He’s doing exactly what he wants because he’s not tied down to anything.

F-ing this!

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
From the famous ones id say Mark Cuban , an actual rags to riches story. Actual grinding for a skill. An actual business.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I was gonna post this exact thread!

I’ve had it in the back of my mind for over a week now..

but you should change it to “Your favorite Entrepreneur and why”

Me? Elon Musk, Steve Jobs and Jay-z.. I’ll state why in a bit (busy)
Whoops.. i never stated why lol (10 months later)

So not Musk but Steve Jobs and Jay-Z outlined like.. every aspect of their lives in some form or another. Steve Jobs you could pick apart his philosophy from interviews and his biography. Now Jay-Z? We grew up with Jay-Z. He was like a musical older brother to so many people. He made an album like... every year talking about his life experience. You seriously felt like you were having conversations with a mentor. He helped you understand love, growing up, business. He was someone who did whatever he needed to to succeed. If the only opportunity was selling drugs? He took it. Once he realized that wasn't sustainable, he honed his craft with music. And knew it was a business. He knew his albums were a product. He knew how to make poppy radio hits to get him airtime on the radio, but then when you grabbed the album it was significantly less shallow. This was one smart young man. At first no one would give him a record deal. So what did he do? Made his own record label. There was nothing he let get in his way. No excuses, no roadblocks he'd let stop him, nothing. And he owns the copyright to all his music, unlike other artists. So while other artists are making about $1/album sold, Jay-Z is making about $8/album sold. Then he poured all that money into other business ventures. Clothing lines, streaming music services. He's now rap's first (and only [as of now]) billionaire.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6juX16LIOsY

He's definitely a bit of a Narcissist, but deep dow a good dude and there's a lot you can learn from him.

Steve Jobs is self-explanatory.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
My biggest inspiration came from a maintenance tech that worked for me. He owned apartments that made more money than he made at work. He worked because he liked it.

I never really looked up to the highly successful.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Ross Perot. He got rich selling social security systems to all the various countries. His rescue of his people in Iran was awesome.

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Andy Frisella. I like the no BS approach. His podcasts always give me another way to frame problems in my mind and also inspire action.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Travis Kalanick

James Simons

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.