The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane to Millions Reality Apprentice Wanted!!!!

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
a) mixedbag.com - a membership site, that builds a community of diverse groups that suit it's members desire. A mixture of forums, geographical groups with online exposure/meetings, and internal free ads to promote your group to others. i.e. chubs, dominatrix, etc... This is not intended to be utilized in a sexual manner. People actually live this way, not just a temporary risqué' moment. There is a whole world of people out there that live strange lifestyles and this is where they can find each other. A broad, yet narrow niche to be capitalized on. I don't lead this lifestyle, so I'm not sure about competition, but I have never heard of anything exactly like it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Matt,

Great ideas that you're coming up with! With regard to mixedbag, how would it differentiate from sites like www.meetup.com?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
A web-based "community" that focuses on the practice of alternative (or new) construction methods and living an increasingly efficient lifestyle. There are many sites on the web that touch on various aspects of this idea, but they're all segmented and cumbersome to sift through. By bringing everything together and creating the feel of an online community, this site can grow as this movement continues to expand.

I like it. There is lots of space for a Digg style aggregation site around a lot of topics.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Here is a great article that might juggle some great ideas out of you guys , I found this so funny yet true because i get all my ideas in the shower or driving and no were else lol

Top Ten Places to Get a Good Idea
1. Taking a shower or bath. Psychologists believe water has a mentally cleansing quality.
2. Driving (alone). The spatial orientation while listening to monotonous sounds really kicks in the creativity after 30 minutes.
3. Sitting on the toilet. Some 90 percent of men responded favorably to this venue. "I think men and women have different views of the toilet," Thompson says.
4. Falling asleep or waking up. The "laconic state" of pre- or post-sleep is ripe for ideas, thoughts and worries to float around in your head. The left or analytical side of the brain cuts out and the right side takes over, Thompson says.
5. Boring meetings. Minds wander to more creative thoughts in sessions that are too long, where too much info is dumped on attendees, where not enough dialogue is created.
6. "Fun" reading. Read things that have nothing to do with your work. Read fiction, or flip backward through magazines.
7. Exercise. A walk or jog, or a trip to the gym becomes a rote, mindless task that allows the mind to wander to more creative things.
8. Waking up in the middle of the night. Just be prepared to write ideas down or hit the office to get them onto the PC; trusting such thoughts at such times to memory usually fails. "There's the great advantage to the home office," Thompson admits.
9. Listening to a religious sermon. Autopilot (so to speak) kicks in, the listener relaxes and the mind wanders. Just don't break out your PDA and start taking notes.
10. Cutting the grass. A rote, monotonous chore with a short duration and completion at the end of the project helps the mind relax.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Matt,

Great ideas that you're coming up with! With regard to mixedbag, how would it differentiate from sites like www.meetup.com?

Never seen it before....I'll have to dig into it a bit when I have more time, but from the 30 seconds I did look at it, it doesn't seem like it has ongoing community group involvment. I get the impression it's a 'daytimer' for everyone to integrate with. I need to check it out further before I say more. Thanks for the link!

On a side note, what keeps people coming back to the site after they meet up with their group for the first time? Other than a different interest?

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
On a side note, what keeps people coming back to the site after they meet up with their group for the first time? Other than a different interest?

I think that's the key difference between your idea and meetup. Your idea is centered around an online community while meetup provides people with contact info for the groups that they seek.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Never seen it before....I'll have to dig into it a bit when I have more time, but from the 30 seconds I did look at it, it doesn't seem like it has ongoing community group involvment. I get the impression it's a 'daytimer' for everyone to integrate with. I need to check it out further before I say more. Thanks for the link!

You keep coming back because all the meetings are scheduled on the site.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Anyone know what happened to the posts after these?

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
Idea's are simple to come up with..putting a working business model in place and turning it into a full fledge business is a other story :)

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update: Meeting to night for our vote 7pm EST

To night we will be taking our final vote for our core group , I hope all you guys have your e-business ideas ready to present for to night

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Did some of our posts disapear?

we have had some msg here disapear could one of the moderators look into this and get back to me !!!

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
UPDATE:

Last night, our journey took a major and exciting step forward! The core group for this apprentice project has now been formed and I'd like to congratulate everyone who has participated in this process. Selecting the core group was not an easy decision to make, but I am very excited about the future of this organization.

Stay tuned folks, the show's about to get started! :fastlane:

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Congrats to our winners ........

I am very proud of you guys

And to the the formation of our core Apprentice group ...

From this point on we will be focusing on developing the right mind set for creation of a fastlane e-business...

Our next meeting will be Saturday Feb, 23 at 12 noon

we will keep everyone posted on our progress

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Things are really starting to roll. After some trial and error, researching and refining...we have a concept that we are working on that we hope to present to a developer within the next 3 weeks!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Absolutely! We all feel very confident and excited about our concept. Hopefully a successful venture will also help put this site on the map.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
When it goes big, I hope MJ will remember his first 1000 members. ...Or at least the first 666. ;-D

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
What the hell happened here? Two months and no updates!? No more 6.0?

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I was very intrigued by this and wanted to participate but didn't have the time to dedicate ....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.