The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane to Millions Reality Apprentice Wanted!!!!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Hi 6.0_bull,

I find your idea interesting, thinking about it further with the serious time and $ commitments that your are requesting, I would need to know more about your background.

With the TV Apprentice, the appeal is to get to work with Trump.

My apologies if I should know this, and you do come across as easily able to handle the project, but what makes you a guy that I'd want to learn from or be involved with in this type of serious endeavor?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 14, 2008
Well I'm a late comer to this party, but I think this sounds like a great idea and I can see some great scope there. You could look at Y!Combinator they specialize in this sort of thing for TechBusiness - think apprentice meets Idol ... meets Dragons Den

Do you want us to outline who we are? Eg: 14 years web experience, 7+ years business knowledge, ran 1 personal business that grew to $2 mill then failed (without the $2 mil), ran 2 other businesses for someone else, now Prod.Dev Manager for NZ's fastest growing web business ... or you want that stuff later?

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Mr k...You sound like a perfect candidate yes please PM me and I will add you to our starters list ....

JonLeehacker...your correct the TV show Apprentice, people get the opportunity to work with Trump ....You are looking at this the wrong way and in a none Fastlane mentality its not what someone can do for you!! its what you can do to succeed .....You will not be just learning from me ...You would be participating in a venture that would benefit yourself with your contribution working with others and me as the project leader.

This is by no means a spot on copy of the TV show this is a twist of that show on this forum with few similarities

Everyone should read MJ's post on Entrepreneurial premise

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I understand MJ's premise very well, and with all respect it is very much a fast lane principle to get to know who my partners are before jumping into a long term commitment.

It's not at all about what I can get, I am here to contribute and learn. It's about whether or not you are trustworthy of my time and devotion to the project. Especially if you are placing yourself in the position of project leader...well I just want to know that you know how to steer the ship, when the winds get high.

If MJ was the 'project leader' then I would not have need for these types of questions, since I am aware of his track record.

So what's your story, why should I trust that you can get us across the ocean? :)

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
I have edited my last line it wasn't meant to be directed to you..but everyone that wants to participate should read

To answer your question , I will not be getting anyone across the the ocean,like i said in a previous post this is not a free ride by any means, as a group you will be getting your selfs across the ocean as a colaboration..with myself...

My Back ground has been with several on-line very successful ventures and this is just another idea and another venture that I will be undertaking with willing participants .

I am not trying to sell anybody this idea I am looking for Go getters people that are looking to get into a new on-line successful venture
simple as that I have just turned into a creative way for other members of this forum to trace and see this venture start up from A-Z

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
UPDATE:

I will be sending everyone on my starters list the criteria form as soon as we have 15 on board....will be same criteria as you see posted on forum right now.....

thanx

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Jscott ..thanks for the clarification , I will be posting my success story in the success story section of the forum.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update:

We now have 10 people on board ,5 more spots left .......!

As soon as we hit the 15 (Apprentices to millions) we will start to organize the elimination round decided among the 15 members.

we have some pretty good candidates so far .....Its great to see these go-getters that already made the first step...

One of the keys to success is not to procrastinate ...in other words stop talking about it and do it.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I look forward to this. I would like to know some more details about how everything will work, the process of elimination, how often will elimination's be, ect. I guess you are still working out the details. Just my two cents, before officially selecting the final 15...I would like to see all of the game rules (details) laid out. Also, will everything be put on the forums or will these project have a website for itself?

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Luke ...Great questions

I would love to answer all your questions at this point but allot of details will still need to be ironed out ...I love the fact that you are excited about this ....

Well our first step will be to make sure that our initial group of 15 fall with in my criteria i have laid out on this forum witch is pretty basic..

Now to make things fair of the 15 chosen and not based on Sollie my decisions ..You as a group will be deciding on the elimination factors for the last eight to stay in group and then those eight , will also go through elimination criteria of some sort that we will come up with as a group to bring it down to the last 4 ...

The last 4 chosen apprentices will then form a corporation and come up with an ideal fastlane e-business that will have to be creative ,unique , viral, social and follow most of the Fastlane principles witch I highly agree with MJ's post on entrepreneurial premise and more that I have outlined below off top of my head.

• Think trying to improve on something
  • Think on copying an already successful business model yet in another place country etc.
  • Think of a niche market within a bigger market
MJ,s Entrepreneurial premise

Make them feel better.
Help them solve a problem.
Educate them .
Make them look better (health, nutrition, clothing, makeup).
Give them security (housing, safety, health).
Arise a positive emotion (love, happiness, laughter, self-confidence).
Satisfy appetites of all kind, from basic (food) to the risqué (sexual).
Make things easier.
Enhance their dreams and give hope.

About your question regarding
will everything be put on the forums or will these project have a website for itself?

We as a group will decide on what will be private and what wont be publicized on the forum ...a web site idea is a possibility again that will decided with group but can be used a a great marketing tool...

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks for your reply. I will just "hang tight" then and be waiting as everything comes together.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Here is a perfect example of what we will be aiming for on here as a group of Fastlane Apprentices ,This is what we will be achieving don't think there is a better example then this ...

Watch this video and see how a group of College Students working together succeeded into turning a class project into a Fastlane business venture actually a few groups .......this almost deserves a separate post on its own .But I am putting it on here so everyone can see what an example of our goal will be...

Video:smx9:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/251.6/popup/index.php?cl=5972094

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update :

Just sent all The (apprentice members a PM)

There has been 750 page views on this post in couple days , thats pretty impressive , however I want to see more people take the next step instead of just lurking......

You cannot succeed if you procrastinate to take chances in life or opportunities in life, take action!!!!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
I have just posted Part one of my success story for those interested in reading it in success section of forum

part 2 comming soon as i have some time to right it

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
I don't qualify for it so I guess I won't be in this. I don't have any experience as of yet(except working for someone else), so that knocks me out. The question I have,which others may be wondering, by financial commitment, would that be just the final five(with you) giving the 1-2,000 or will it be all 15 that start the competition?

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
That makes more sense, well good luck to all of you who enter into the fastlane version of the apprentice.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Is there going to be a governing body of seasoned fastlaners in the beginning to ensure the avoidance of any premature hangups? Any particular elimination system?

mtnman thanx for posting your question on here but can you please clarify it for me I am not sure i understand what your asking or what you mean By hangups?

Do you mean people dropping out early out of program ?
If that is what your asking yes , I am sure some people will drop out early we already had some people drop out early , witch is a good thing ,you see the reason we have a criteria is to eliminate anyone who is not dead serious about taking on this project and willing to take on that step to make the commitment it takes to open a new venture and run your own business , we have had several people drop out specially because of the financial commitment witch is very small , but to open any business you need some money its reality people .Time commitment is another
reality check you can not run any business without committing your time into making it work ..so by having this criteria it only eliminates those who are not serious about doing this , granted there are some that really cant afford it or have other personal reasons but for the most part the criteria is a great elimination method to keep only those that are determined and willing to do something today to change there lives .

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update:

I have received Criteria back from 3 of you already, and waiting on the rest who have not yet submitted there criteria send that in guys!

I would like to see someone with development experience ,background joining group this type of skill set would count as your financial commitment to team.

Also a INTERNET marketing guru would be great to have on our team, any members feel free to invite someone you know on this team

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update

Hey guys I been away in Vegas partially on some much needed vacation time and also working on a Real estate deal that i couldn't not pass on .......

As of when i left last week we had a small group of I believe 3-4 members that were going to take part in this from the original 9 we had ..........

Will post all new info soon.......

From my records before I left we had the following members

LUKE12321
REDSHIFT
MTnMan
Stringer
SeanS

I would like to hear from you guys when we can arrange a time to start a discussion

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Well my invitation was open to everyone including Mj and yes of course he would !!

I think Thursday would be good lets see what everyone Else's schedule looks like ...

what method would you guys suggest for this maybe skype MSN etc

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I sent you a PM letting you know I was no longer interested in the opportunity. Best of luck.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
MSN should work for me. I think I have it on one of my computers.

Sean, I can't help but ask why. I hope you're not discouraged and lost faith. A reason why a team is necessary and has more leverage than an individual is the team members support each other when there are signs of discouragment. Dont' give up this easy, don't wonder what might of been if something successful were to happen.

BTW bull, sill waiting on part 2 of your story! :thumbsup:

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Sean, I can't help but ask why. I hope you're not discouraged and lost faith. A reason why a team is necessary and has more leverage than an individual is the team members support each other when there are signs of discouragment. Dont' give up this easy, don't wonder what might of been if something successful were to happen.

WHY: Beginning Jan 1, 2008, I was given a % cut of all current (and future deals) my firm is working on. I have decided for the time being to focus on these deals (and try to find more!!) All are real estate development (and 1 apt rehab) deals with budgets over $50M (one is approx $750M). I feel at this point in my life/career, it behooves me to focus on these current projects as the upside is too great to ignore.

I wish you all the best of luck with the Apprentice project. I am not "giving up," just making what I feel like right now is a smarter choice for myself.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Sean sorry to here that , I don't believe i got your PM or I must of overlooked it either way I wish you the best of luck with your current and future endeavors real estate is a powerful tool and a great avenue to wealth with out a doubt

MSN should work for me. I think I have it on one of my computers.

BTW bull, sill waiting on part 2 of your story! :thumbsup:

Redshift is right about working in a group to to create a support system......

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
WHY: Beginning Jan 1, 2008, I was given a % cut of all current (and future deals) my firm is working on. I have decided for the time being to focus on these deals (and try to find more!!) All are real estate development (and 1 apt rehab) deals with budgets over $50M (one is approx $750M). I feel at this point in my life/career, it behooves me to focus on these current projects as the upside is too great to ignore.

I wish you all the best of luck with the Apprentice project. I am not "giving up," just making what I feel like right now is a smarter choice for myself.

That is completely understandable. Good luck too you!!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Mtnman ...great we will try and arrange a mutual time .

not sure if MSN can handle more then a double conference chat never tried ....I know skype can.

I want to also welcome

8 Snake ...

to the team who just joined us today ......

Redshft .......part two is coming soon when i make some time to write it since it is pretty long ......haha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.