The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Rip off?

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
This guy is not very good at speaking haha.

[video=youtube_share;9JtMvG3KDRg]http://youtu.be/9JtMvG3KDRg[/video]

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I hope Mj has a TM, i would go after them...

Yeah, I'm sure that guy's net worth would cover at least two, maybe even three dinners at Olive Garden. Definitely a ripe target for a suit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
I would be curious to see how much money he made BEFORE he started teaching people how to make money...

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA
I personally didnt see anything wrong with his message but it just doesnt sit right that he tries to use the logo and brand of someone else to create comfort in his audience. He would have done better being original and staying his own course.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Can you actually TM Fastlane? I wouldn't mistake that site for this one but it's certainly not original.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, I'm sure that guy's net worth would cover at least two, maybe even three dinners at Olive Garden. Definitely a ripe target for a suit.

I don't really think money is the point.

Do you think Microsoft would let some kid rip there stuff, even if the kid was making 20 bux a week? No, they'd put a stop to it pretty quickly.

The point is to protect your brand.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This really doesn't look like a rip off at all to me, nothing i would waste my time with if i were MJ. The logo/site doesn't look all that similar, and really his content is the same ol.

At least he is putting himself out there and getting things done, looks like he has some user base built up already.

D

DeletedUser2

I know this guy.

He was an affiliate for several years, before going into other ventures. he has about 3-4 ventures going (including a juice bar franchise) he is firmly in the internet guru space

He licensed some content from me a few years ago, about raising money, and about how to buy websites. good guy overall, he may or may not even know about the TMF book.

his other messages have been make money fast, so its in line with is prior messages.

I am not defending him here, I am just pointing out a bit of his history.

I do know he did a launch 2 yrs ago with a product that did close to 300K so he is probably a bit more successful than the average wantrepreneur.

If you think about it, "fastlane" has been around our our lexicon, and cultural syntax for a long time. I think it might be to hard enforce a TM around fastlane per se, as a result.

its been genericized prior to MJ using it. in fact, MJ was brilliant in using a culturally recognized idiom in his book naming. it conveys instant meaning, that many people understand.

well, thats just my perspective anyway

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!