• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Fastlane or Unscripted? Which first?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by MJ DeMarco, Aug 11, 2017 at 1:41 PM.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Which book should be read first, TMF, or UNSCRIPTED?

1. The Millionaire Fastlane

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Unscripted

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Doesn't really matter.

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Jurica22

Jurica22 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $133
    I've personally read TMFL, but still haven't got my hands on Unscripted.

With that being said, just ordered it from Amazon and can't wait to read it!

2. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,359
    Second that!
    I followed this path btw.

But yes, you can read UNSCRIPTED as a whole read. Everything is there on beliefs overriding and execution frameworks. Even though the wealth equations are not included, we would understand the parameters of the Fastlane and Slowlane equations in terms of TIME.

garyjsmith likes this.
  3. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    I'd say Unscripted first for most people and TMF for those who are already engaged in the entrepreneurial game.

I personally found more value in TMF because I had my FTE years ago and was looking for technical knowledge on how to attain financial freedom. If I was still working a job and looking for a way out, I'd definitely find Unscripted more helpful.

MidwestLandlord and ZF Lee like this.
  4. garyjsmith

garyjsmith Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $377
    It depends. I'm glad I read/listened to TMF first

BUT

when I recommend the books to someone, like @MarekvBeek, I gauge who they are. If they're a sidewalker and believe they can only make $12/hr, I send them Unscripted. If they're aspiring, I'll send TMF. You know the main reason? I want them to bite, and I'm afraid a sidewalker will see 'Millionaire' and be like "dur, yeah right, sure"

5. lewj24

lewj24 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,746
    I vote TMF first.

It changed the way I look at life. It was the missing piece to the puzzle that I was unable to solve myself. It was the truth that I was looking for that nobody had ever explained to me. I felt something was wrong subconsciously but couldn't put my finger on it. After searching tons of books (a mix of slowlane and fastlane) I finally stumbled upon TMF and it explained everything that I didn't even know I questioned. It gave me the answers I was looking for to the questions I couldn't come up with, but knew that I had once I read the answers.

One example was the compound interest 40 year gamble thing. College had taught me to invest for retirement. I fooled around with compound interest numbers in my calculator and figured out quickly that the bigger the investment the better the return. My inner logic told me to win that game I needed a big income. After asking people how to make a big income I was told it would take years and to be more realistic. I agreed with them, after all, everyone telling me this was smarter and more successful than I was. And all the professors had PhD's so i trusted them.

But it never felt right.

I forgot I even questioned the above slowlane retirement plan until TMF jogged my memory. TMF gave me the answers I had been looking for without me even knowing the questions.

TMF stereotyped the sidewalk, slowlane, and fastlane in such a way that really changes your perspective on money and how people use it. It explained the habits of the poor, mediocre, and rich. It talked about the process, which I had never heard explained before but is so vital. It talked about CENTS. It talked about time management. It talked about the choices we make every single day and how they impact your life.

Everything was explained in such a common sense way that it all clicked. It wasn't too complex but it wasn't fluff. It was the perfect mix of explanations backed up with logic and reasoning. It was almost like you didn't have to take notes. You just read it and knew. Unscripted has a bunch of weird words and jargon that you have to focus on and memorize.

I raved about TMF to my friends who asked me how I knew it wasn't all a lie. What proof did this author have to back up his claims, after all he could be lying like the rest of the slowlane authors that I bashed on. They had a point. What proof did I have? My answer: logic, common sense, the feeling of no longer not understanding what was wrong. The reason my friends questioned the book was because they didn't question life like I did. They never questioned college, careers, retirement, etc (like I did without realizing it) instead they questioned the book. That is why to them TMF doesn't make sense. TMF had the answers I was looking for and it changed my life.

Unscripted doesn't really answer my questions like TMF did. Unscripted is a more focused blueprint on how to do it. I feel like people should read TMF first to figure out the missing pieces to the puzzle like I did. The common sense answers to the questions we cannot explain. The things nobody teaches. That's the shit that convinced me. Unscripted just reinforced those beliefs afterwords.

Maybe it is because I found TMF before I found Unscripted. If it was reversed maybe I'd be singing a different tune...

But I doubt it.

I don't know when I'll be rich but TMF will always be my favorite book. I've never had something impact my life like that.

P.S. I gave a copy of TMF to my friend last year who was going the slowlane road. He completed his 4.0 MBA 4 months ago and had dreamed about becoming a millionaire CEO for a fortune 500 company since he was 13. He's the only friend of mine that actually read TMF after I praised it to everyone. He quit his straight out of college 50k a year job with benefits and is now starting a business with me. I don't think Unscripted has the same initial impact as TMF.

P.P.S. MJ's voice in TMF Audible version is way better and impactful than the guy in Unscripted's Audible version. I refuse to listen to that. I can't do it.. another plus for TMF in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:41 AM
    ZF Lee likes this.
  6. FreeMan

FreeMan Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $730
    I read TMF first and the way the sidewalk, slowlane and fastlane was explained really struck a nerve. And I'm sure if I read Unscripted first, I'd have a similar reaction to the concepts presented especially since it's written in MJ's no BS style. Which makes it so different from most business books.

I'd say TMF may be conceptually easier to understand and follow as Unscripted has TUNEF which is made of multiple components, new concepts and abbreviations. This is especially true when listening on audio and you can't skip back easily to the earlier chapters to remind yourself what a certain concept was again.

cmor16 likes this.
  7. Blackadder

Blackadder Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $50
    In my oh so humble opinion (and having now read both books) The millionaire fastlane changes your worldview, Unscripted helps you find your new "why" to that worldview.

The why before the vista, would be like adding the soda to the rootbeer float first....its nice....but its a whole other world when its added after the ice cream.

ZF Lee likes this.
  8. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,871
    TMF first. It is simpler, and easier to digest.

Unscripted got pretty heady and complicated with the charts and acronyms, and I'm not sure I would've stuck it out if I wasn't already a TMF disciple.

MidwestLandlord, ZF Lee and cmor16 like this.
  9. RedKiteKid

RedKiteKid Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $466
    TMF for me, for many of the reasons above but also because I listen on audible and the fact that it was self-narrated I felt only added to the message and the buy-in to the concepts. Unscripted was a tougher listen then but part of that is because it is so rampacked with additional content it's a huge expansion on TMF and requires time to digest (for me that only read TMF a few months ago at least) so rather than standing alone I see it more as a follow on for sure.

ZF Lee likes this.
  10. CDM

CDM Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $197
    I think Unscripted is for the average person who is barely aware that the Matrix exists.

TMF is for those who are struggling to escape it.

The book to read first depends on where somebody is at in life.

The guy who is doing 5 MLMs and trying to sell crap on Amazon needs TMF first.

But most people should read Unscripted first.

Millenial_Kid5K1 likes this.
  11. Camilo Ardiles

Camilo Ardiles Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $479
    TMF first and then Unscripted, once you got some time to incorporate some of the main ideas from TMF.

12. scarface96

scarface96 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Hi
    I have a question is Unscripted only in english language? I was trying to find polish version but i cant

13. MiguelHammond10

MiguelHammond10 New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $78
    They are all great Book to read but when it comes to the one to read first i would recommend the UNSCRIPTED since it covers most stuff than the TMF when it come to Business,it talks about everything.