The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane or Unscripted? Which first?

Which book should be read first, TMF, or UNSCRIPTED?

• The Millionaire Fastlane

Votes: 73 53.3%
  • Unscripted

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Doesn't really matter.

Votes: 28 20.4%

• Total voters

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
For me TMF gave me the hunger, whilst UNSCRIPTED started to put meat on the bones, therefore I'd recommend that way. Though I'm sure, like me, once you've read one you'll search out the other, regardless of which is the first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Feb 18, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
If you're only committing to read one, go Unscripted.

If you're going to read both, then Fastlane first, Unscripted second.

I say this because I feel like TMF is a book that can be read and consumed much like a movie - from start to finish. If I re-read it, its from start to finish again.

Unscripted is so fundamentally heavy that I have to take it a chapter at a time. Some of the things that hit me the hardest can be reflected back on completely out of context with the rest of the book. It should be kept in the bedside drawer as entrepreneurial bible, not on the shelf as a novel.

Hurley32533

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 6, 2017
Florida
TMF first for back story and then follow up with Unscripted for soup to nuts.

jLand1730

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 11, 2018
California
I recommend the fastlane first because it is the introduction towards that way of thinking and then unscripted really does a great job at backing up what fastlane preaches.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
This is like saying Star Wars OT first? or Star Wars PT first?

Go in the order of they were made.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
UNSCRIPTED is a prequel to TMF. It goes back in time to explain why TMF came out the way it did. But nobody creates prequels before the main movie, do they?

Wilhelm77

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2022
I vote TMF first.

It changed the way I look at life. It was the missing piece to the puzzle that I was unable to solve myself. It was the truth that I was looking for that nobody had ever explained to me. I felt something was wrong subconsciously but couldn't put my finger on it. After searching tons of books (a mix of slowlane and fastlane) I finally stumbled upon TMF and it explained everything that I didn't even know I questioned. It gave me the answers I was looking for to the questions I couldn't come up with, but knew that I had once I read the answers.

One example was the compound interest 40 year gamble thing. College had taught me to invest for retirement. I fooled around with compound interest numbers in my calculator and figured out quickly that the bigger the investment the better the return. My inner logic told me to win that game I needed a big income. After asking people how to make a big income I was told it would take years and to be more realistic. I agreed with them, after all, everyone telling me this was smarter and more successful than I was. And all the professors had PhD's so i trusted them.

But it never felt right.

I forgot I even questioned the above slowlane retirement plan until TMF jogged my memory. TMF gave me the answers I had been looking for without me even knowing the questions.

TMF stereotyped the sidewalk, slowlane, and fastlane in such a way that really changes your perspective on money and how people use it. It explained the habits of the poor, mediocre, and rich. It talked about the process, which I had never heard explained before but is so vital. It talked about CENTS. It talked about time management. It talked about the choices we make every single day and how they impact your life.

Everything was explained in such a common sense way that it all clicked. It wasn't too complex but it wasn't fluff. It was the perfect mix of explanations backed up with logic and reasoning. It was almost like you didn't have to take notes. You just read it and knew. Unscripted has a bunch of weird words and jargon that you have to focus on and memorize.

I raved about TMF to my friends who asked me how I knew it wasn't all a lie. What proof did this author have to back up his claims, after all he could be lying like the rest of the slowlane authors that I bashed on. They had a point. What proof did I have? My answer: logic, common sense, the feeling of no longer not understanding what was wrong. The reason my friends questioned the book was because they didn't question life like I did. They never questioned college, careers, retirement, etc (like I did without realizing it) instead they questioned the book. That is why to them TMF doesn't make sense. TMF had the answers I was looking for and it changed my life.

Unscripted doesn't really answer my questions like TMF did. Unscripted is a more focused blueprint on how to do it. I feel like people should read TMF first to figure out the missing pieces to the puzzle like I did. The common sense answers to the questions we cannot explain. The things nobody teaches. That's the shit that convinced me. Unscripted just reinforced those beliefs afterwords.

Maybe it is because I found TMF before I found Unscripted. If it was reversed maybe I'd be singing a different tune...

But I doubt it.

I don't know when I'll be rich but TMF will always be my favorite book. I've never had something impact my life like that.

P.S. I gave a copy of TMF to my friend last year who was going the slowlane road. He completed his 4.0 MBA 4 months ago and had dreamed about becoming a millionaire CEO for a fortune 500 company since he was 13. He's the only friend of mine that actually read TMF after I praised it to everyone. He quit his straight out of college 50k a year job with benefits and is now starting a business with me. I don't think Unscripted has the same initial impact as TMF.

P.P.S. MJ's voice in TMF Audible version is way better and impactful than the guy in Unscripted's Audible version. I refuse to listen to that. I can't do it.. another plus for TMF in my opinion.
Such a great description and advice about this topic. Thanks for your effort, I appreciate it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.