The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fatty Forum

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Ran 9 miles this week. 3 less then I planned. I weighed 190 today. up 1/2 pound. My eating habits were not great. I'm looking at ways to stay full.

So far this month I have 36 more miles to run. 12 more runs at 3 miles per shot. I'm hoping to get back up to 4 miles each run by next week.

I also talked to my brother-in-law. Were both signing up for the Bolder Boulder 10k on memorial day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
great suggestions bio, thanks. Many problems with eating are associated with portions but knowing what makes us full ahead of eating the meal is a great proactive step.

my first 10 day report: dropped 4 lbs from 195 to 191 (2.04%) by following simple steps of eating smaller portions more often. Diet is comprised of several servings per day of nuts, eggs, chicken/turkey, tuna, olives, cheeses, salads, vegetables, apprx 6 pieces/servings fruits, tea, liquids. I've eliminated all starches and avoided breads except for all-grains.

excercise regiment is line with my goals: jumping jacks for about 2 minutes every other day. I rode my bike only once due to crappy weather here in the NE. I am currently at 50 sit ups + 150 crunches, and hope to achieve 150 or 200 of each by June. Also at 50 push ups every other day, but want to be at 100. My focus is elevating the metabolism by combining high protien and high energy foods with sets of excercises throughout the day.

some people here are a true inspiration, thank you.

good luck to us all.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
my 10day report. i have not being to the gym, ran, jogged or done any kind of work out. still eating regular meals, steak, pizza, rice, flatbread sandwiches,etc. Lost 2 lbs.

fast_track_chaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 23, 2009
Update:
Starting Weight: 205 lbs (Jan. 4th)
Jan. 11 @ 199 lbs

This might be some water weight loss but Im happy with it. Changes I made was exercised 6 days this week, which included cardio and some strength training. I made changes in my eating habits, ate more leafy greens, cut out diet soda and drank at least 80 ozs of water daily, no sweets and watched the carbs.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Well...not so good for me.

I put a new controller card in my treadmill. Got about 5 miles out of it before it died again.

Brought my sneakers to work today, since we just put in a workout room with treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and weights.

Forgot to weigh in this AM, so all I can say is that I wasn't real good this past week, although I did several 1/2 meals.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Re: Fastlane Fatty Forum - Progress Report

Week one

Weight: down 4 pounds (36 more to go)

Diet: eating super clean, slow carb diet

Exercise: 5 days - 2 days boot camp, 2 days yoga, 1 day walking (3 miles)

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Re: Fastlane Fatty Forum - Progress Report

Week one

Weight: down 4 pounds (36 more to go)

Diet: after eating super clean, slow carb diet

Exercise: 5 days - 2 days boot camp, 2 days yoga, 1 day walking (3 miles)

........and watching her keeps my resting heart rate 20 bpm higher thus giving me a metabolic advantage. Amazing how a smoking hot wife keeps me focused on ensuring that she doesn't leave me for someone hotter.

Down 7, eating clean, working out regularly... have the focus back.

I'm trying something different. My body is completely accustomed to lifting moderate to heavy wights and then doing elliptical. last summer I convinced myself that I am a cyclist and it worked wonders because it was different. This year, one goal is to do everything I would NEVER do - Yoga, Pilates, Running, light weights 500 times.... keeps me sore and keeps my body more confused than a drug sniffing dog at a squirrel convention but that's the key - don't let your body get used to doing one thing.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
my 10day report. i have not being to the gym, ran, jogged or done any kind of work out. still eating regular meals, steak, pizza, rice, flatbread sandwiches,etc. Lost 2 lbs.

Someone get me a rope please.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Here in NY I have Time Warner cable and they have these on Demand channels. I found one that offers exercise workouts. I did a workout last night for 30 Min. It's channel 1025 for those in NY with Timewarner.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Here in NY I have Time Warner cable and they have these on Demand channels. I found one that offers exercise workouts. I did a workout last night for 30 Min. It's channel 1025 for those in NY with Timewarner.

Thanks...I'll have to look that up!

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008

On Uverse it has the Carmen Electra Butt workout.... now is that really for women to work glutes or is that for the "Popeye Forearms Workout" seriously......

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Nice one Bobo!

I've managed to drop 4 lbs - down to 205 - despite my trip to Vegas last weekend. Thank goodness for all that walking....I think it just barely kept pace with my Crown Royal calorie imbibition. What a city...

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Ok after lurking I'll try to do this.

In the womanly tradition I'll just talk about goals and weekly loss.

Goal: loose 10 pounds by April 15 (tax day!)

Today Jan 15 will be starting weight.

How: watch what I eat and exercise more. (no wheat, or dairy; exercise 3X per week).

It sounds doable, and 3.3 pounds per month may not sound much to some, but I have never done this on purpose...

Last edited:

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Wren, I think you cut your carbs too much. It's January 15 honey, not Feb!!!!!

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Sorry I'm late. I have some fitness goals of my own for 2010. Namely, Outstanding-High score on Navy physical readiness standard. That means:

• 101 sit-ups with no rest (I can do 55 now, Good-Low)
  • 84 push-ups with no rest (I can do 49 now, Good-Low)
  • 1.5-mile run in 8:55 (current best is 11:54, Good-High)
  • 500-yard swim in 6:38 (current best is 9:49, Good-Medium)
At 26 years old, I'm happy with my weight in the 160s (22 BMI). I don't eat meat, drink, or smoke. I use Calorie Count to measure my fuel-intake and ensure a healthy mix of the three macronutrients. For me, that equates to a 2,200-calorie diet (40% carbs, 30% proteins, and 30% fats) with >100 grams of protein every day.

I'm cutting down on my low-level cardio in accordance with training systems like Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint and Rudy Reyes' Hero Living Program. In place of long runs and distance swims, I'm focusing on compound lifts and all-out sprints.

Anyway, I won't be posting weight updates, because I don't have a goal weight. I'll just post intermittent updates on my personal bests and workout changes. Good luck to everyone. Your health is your first and best investment. (Rep+ to kurtyordy.)

Last edited:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
this week I attempted low carb, but poor sleep caused me to crave the sweet nectar of caffeine infused beverage. I did walk approx 8 miles this week.

Netted out 212. Not quite what I want, but it is movement. I do question the scale a bit because I caught my 6 year old son jumping on the scale this week.

Goal for this week- better sleeping discipline so better eating discipline is easier.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
poor sleep caused me to crave the sweet nectar of caffeine
Here's a pretty neat chart about what your body is asking for when it triggers a craving.

I really like Mark Sisson's theory that primal man naturally craves fat, sugar, and salt. Prehistorically, seeking out fats (meat/nuts), sugars (fruits), and salt (vegetables/minerals) was good for us. Now it drives us to candy and snack food.

Anyway, addressing a chocolate craving with nuts or fruit seems wise. Thought you'd like to know.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
great suggestions bio, thanks. Many problems with eating are associated with portions but knowing what makes us full ahead of eating the meal is a great proactive step.

my first 10 day report: dropped 4 lbs from 195 to 191 (2.04%) by following simple steps of eating smaller portions more often. Diet is comprised of several servings per day of nuts, eggs, chicken/turkey, tuna, olives, cheeses, salads, vegetables, apprx 6 pieces/servings fruits, tea, liquids. I've eliminated all starches and avoided breads except for all-grains.

excercise regiment is line with my goals: jumping jacks for about 2 minutes every other day. I rode my bike only once due to crappy weather here in the NE. I am currently at 50 sit ups + 150 crunches, and hope to achieve 150 or 200 of each by June. Also at 50 push ups every other day, but want to be at 100. My focus is elevating the metabolism by combining high protien and high energy foods with sets of excercises throughout the day.

some people here are a true inspiration, thank you.

good luck to us all.

Since last weigh in 7 days ago, I have not lost any weight. My eating habits have really improved since the 1st of Jan, but this past week I indulged in a couple of nonhealthy activities.

last Sun, family dinner with a lot of goodies.
Wed, met an old friend for 3 beers
Fri, had friends over for another few beers
Sat went out with friends for some drinks.

I guess I had a lot of fun, but the drinking offset any positive gain I could expect of myself and this was a mistake I made. But I did not indulge in desserts as I would have in the past. I only had a bit of cake and cookies but the main problem was the drinking. I really believe if I eliminated all of the alcohol I probably might've lost another 3 or 4 pounds.

Keeping up with the excercises and small portions has been rather easier than I first imagined it to be but I'll be eliminating drinking from my routine.

Good luck to everyone.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Okay... I walked (instead of jogging - hoping to condition my ankle a bit) 3 days a week and did cardio 2 days a week.

Worked out 5 days out of 7. Happy w/ that.
Continued to resist sweets.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
188 lbs. Lost 2. Ate better, but not certainly not great. Small steps.

Ran twice for another 6 miles. 15 of 45 this month.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
This is a great quote for anything we strive for.
So True. Amazing how when you realize the reality and accept it, how simply it is revealed as to what needs to be done. More of what I refer to as self accountability. No one responsible for this but me - regardless of why.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I changed my diet strategy this week from one that will maintain my weight at a BMI of 22 to one that will increase my weight to a BMI of 24.8. I'm hoping to gain most of this weight through muscle-growth. How?

Diet: 3,488 calories/day (40% carbs, 30% proteins, and 30% fats) with 110+ grams of protein. No meat, no alcohol, no processed food.

Exercise:
  • Mon/Wed/Fri: Calisthenics. I'm doing the 100 Push-up Challenge and the 200 Sit-Up Challenge simultaneously. On Week 5 of Both. Then some chin-ups and burpees until I'm seeing spots.
  • Tue/Thu/Sat: Circuit Training. A 25-minute routine with my PowerBlock dumbbells that incorporates overhead presses, bench presses, rows, lateral raises, squats, and a wild card or two.
  • Sunday: Swimming (aka "rest"). 1,000-3,000 yards mixed at a mostly moderate pace with five to ten all-out sprints and a 500-yard crawl for time.
The above is a five-month building program that ends in May, after which I'll be transferring to six days of running/swimming and one day of lifting.

Thanks for giving us a place to keep track of our PLANs. It's good to see people taking responsibility for the shape and function of their bodies.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I changed my diet strategy this week from one that will maintain my weight at a BMI of 22 to one that will increase my weight to a BMI of 24.8. I'm hoping to gain most of this weight through muscle-growth. How?
Thought that skinnys were not allowed! Sorry, but this makes me SICK that you can consume over 3000 calories and are TRYING to GAIN weight. My heart bleeds for ya bro.... NOT! HA!

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Thought that skinnys were not allowed!
I didn't see a rule... I'm trying to change my body too, but if it's not relevant, I'll take down my posts.

Believe me, eating this much is no walk in the park. When Chritian Bale built Patrick Bateman's body for "American Psycho," he had to wake up in the middle of the night to eat a chicken breast. I'm trying to get 3500 vegetarian calories, and I'm ill after most meals. Hopefully my stomach will adjust soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.