The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane and Money Trees: The GrayCode Saga - Part 1.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
This is going to be pure execution, updated with all my progress along the way. I intend to keep the thread going for as long as possible. I consider it me leaving a seed trail for newer people to the Fastlane journey. Not just any seed trail though, a money tree seed trail.

How I got here.
If you're starting out, I was like you at one point. Enamored with the Fastlane and its ideas, completely confused on how to get started and make it into an actual reality. I wanted things right now, today, tomorrow, this week, fast, quickly, instantly, instant gratification. It doesn't take long to realize that it just doesn't work like that. Maybe it can in some instances, but I'm no longer interested in lottery-type events. I want the sure thing. There is 100% a sure way to get to your Fastlane goals, but it just takes time.

It takes time & lots of being in 'the process', here was mine: GOLD! How I Got Hired As A Software Engineer Without A College Degree

Where I'm at up until this point.
I'm not where I want to be yet, and quite frankly I don't think I'll ever get there. I'm always evolving and growing as a person. My goals change. I'm 28 years old, (29 in April 2020). I'll always be building something in some form or fashion my entire life. Mainly because I enjoy it.

I've never wanted to make a lump sum and retire. I'm more interested in seeing how far I can push myself. I realized building wealth is literally a real-life monopoly game and I love the process. When I was a bit younger I wanted a billion-dollar company, that still excites me but it's not what I'm after anymore. Now I'm after being a complete person living my version Fastlane.

My version of Fastlane will change over time, as it should. This is a journey riddled with hard times. I'm grateful for those hard times, it wasn't action faking and wantrepreneur-ism, it was the process. It was learning day-in and day-out. I'd regularly check my bank account in those first few years and see negative balances. As a matter of fact, here's an image of my bank account balance from March 2018 (less than 2 years ago).

Here's my F*ck This Event:

Less than two years ago: negative $164

Less than two years later from that moment: GOLD! First Fastlane Month, Feels Amazing! $65,000+ Revenue Pre-Tax

My Goals and where I'm headed.
With 2020 upon us and the entire '20s as a decade, it's got me in a cathartic, writing state. It's made me want to write my goals out and continue this journey in public so I can help others chart a path.

Well, this is meant to be a progress thread and I intend to make it an epic one. So let's talk about goals...

Fastlane isn't just about the money to me, it's about a Fastlane life all-around. Everything firing on all-cylinders, It's taken me a bit to get here, but mentally I'm in Untouchable, BEAST MODE. I expect 2020 to be a break-out year for me far beyond what I've already done. I'm going to document the process as I go.

1) Money/Business Goals (Software)- Average $30k per month by EOY.
  • Money Tree #1: Niche website getting 100,000 visits per month.
  • Money Tree #2: Will reveal in another thread (part 2) as it has nothing do with money tree #1.
  • Job Income: Intend to keep until it no longer makes sense to stay. Will calculate based on time spent vs value received.
2) I'm highly focused on my fitness - training and eating clean. But I'm not sure how many people are actually interested in that, so not going to go into too much detail, though there may be a random update from time to time.

3) Living/Lifestyle - I'll peel back the curtain as much as people want me to on this. I'm making efforts to start to enjoy my living scenario and I know that will be an upgrade that'll happen over time. I put myself in a position to succeed a couple of years back by moving back home to the girlfriends' parents' house (drastically lowering expenses). With the sole intention to live like I didn't want to until I can afford to actually live better and be in a position to help those around me.

4) Real Estate
I'm always learning, reading and researching deals. I knew nothing about real estate 2 years ago. Now I know that I would like to be involved in multi-family complexes. I don't have a super defined goal just yet. But I'm committing myself right here and right now to invest in a 3-6 unit property by the end of 2020 and will report back on my process from start to finish on how it went.

-----------------------------
I intend to update the thread within a day or two to kick it off and then every 2 weeks after that.

Feel free to ask questions or comment. However, please don't DM me questions that could be placed in the thread where an answer can benefit many people. If you do, I'll simply respond "add to thread". Please respect others as much as you respect your own journey.

Let the games begin.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I love that we both have Money Tree #1 as the same goal! Look forward to seeing your progress and success grow and grow!

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
First Progress Update (Aug 19' to Dec 1st, 2019)

Money Tree #1 - Goal 100k Visitors per month by EOY.

I built this niche website from scratch after doing keyword research using ahrefs.com. There are plenty of competitors out there in the niche generating well over 10m in monthly traffic (cumulative of all competitors)

I started building the site in August from scratch because I wanted a different look and feel to it, so it would stand out from competitors. My entire focus is SEO oriented right now, I'm adding content to the site and tracking progress as I go.

I view this money tree as a 3-5 year journey. I don't intend to start picking apples (cash) off my money tree until I feel it's ready. Is that 20k visits/mo? Is it 50k? 100k? I'll feel it when the time is right.

I launched the site officially on Oct 13th and started adding content. From Oct 13th, 2019 - Dec 1st, 2019 here are the results of the things I'm tracking for now. (I'm open to suggestions for other things to track)

Talk about starting with nothing! But I'm into sticking with things for the long haul. If you do the Month over Month math it's decent jumps for not really doing anything but adding content to the site. Interested to see how December plays out.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
I'll be following your progress. Good work man. Can really relate to the FTM.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
That's awesome, are you sharing your progress anywhere? I would be interested to read along.

I wasn't, but you've inspired to get up and running with my own thread!

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Update: I'm moving from the cold Northeast to Florida in 3 weeks and I can't wait. This is something I've always wanted to do (escape winter). But until now, I never had the means to be able to do so. Packing my things in my car and taking a nice long drive.

Edit: Not to mention the Tax benefits of Florida. Where the savings may just pay for my living expenses as opposed to staying where I am.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Update: I'm moving from the cold Northeast to Florida in 3 weeks and I can't wait. This is something I've always wanted to do (escape winter). But until now, I never had the means to be able to do so. Packing my things in my car and taking a nice long drive.

Edit: Not to mention the Tax benefits of Florida. Where the savings may just pay for my living expenses as opposed to staying where I am.

Now that is an awesome feeling. Congrats!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.