The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fast lane idea from falling off scooter

Idea threads

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I ate complete sh1t falling off a lime scooter. I’ve ridden skateboards for all my teenage years so falls are nothing new to me but this one was different. I got up like normal but when I got to he side walk I blacked out and had 2% consciousness to keep me up. It was like holding onto the edge of a cliff by just a shoe string. I was scared. Felt blacked out but I was conscious of it. I couldn’t see. Slowly and slowly shapes started appearing and o gained consciousness. This was scary. But it got me thinking.
Why isn’t there a material where it is strong but when fallen on you won’t get hurt as easily. I feel like concrete is so stupid and it surprises me until now I never questioned it. I’m not saying I’m going to take this idea and roll with it because god knows my knowledge on this area but surely someone does and it would be of greatness GREAT benefit to humanity if we can figure it out. Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I'm having a hard time deciphering you.

So you fell off a scooter, and you want the sidewalks to be made out of rubber or something softer than concrete so it doesn't hurt when you fall?

Here are some solutions for you:

inca-jungle-biking-equipment.jpg

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I ate complete sh1t falling off a lime scooter. I’ve ridden skateboards for all my teenage years so falls are nothing new to me but this one was different. I got up like normal but when I got to he side walk I blacked out and had 2% consciousness to keep me up. It was like holding onto the edge of a cliff by just a shoe string. I was scared. Felt blacked out but I was conscious of it. I couldn’t see. Slowly and slowly shapes started appearing and o gained consciousness. This was scary. But it got me thinking.
Why isn’t there a material where it is strong but when fallen on you won’t get hurt as easily. I feel like concrete is so stupid and it surprises me until now I never questioned it. I’m not saying I’m going to take this idea and roll with it because god knows my knowledge on this area but surely someone does and it would be of greatness GREAT benefit to humanity if we can figure it out. Thoughts?
You may require medical attention. Like not even joking.

Edit: I'm sincerely not being a dick. I swear.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I'll give you a serious answer haha

What causes something to hurt when you hit it is the dramatic change in velocity.

When something has give, it doesn't cause the same dramatic change - and is by definition flexible.

If you make surfaces used by transportation flexible (aside from just the cost of doing it) - you greatly reduce efficiency because now energy that is being used to move forward is being lost when the material gives.

The best solution is safer cars and safer transportation. Better helmets, etc.

dauntless

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 26, 2019
I personally think that Lime scooters are a stupid addition to any city. I also grew up riding skateboards and scooters but that does not mean that I am less likely to suffer an accident on a Lime scooter. Here in Dallas, I see a lot of people who definitely don't look like they ever touched a scooter before (they even ride in pairs of 2's on a single scooter), and they make a lot of decisions that almost all of the time when someone suffers from it, is due to human error.
It would take a long time to replace concrete with something softer, and the most viable solution I can think of is replacing scooters entirely with something safer, like a scooter with 4 wheels or anything that has a heavier center of gravity that would allow people to remain on the vehicle. But, roads and sidewalks are of different shapes, dimensions, with/without damage, etc...that it not possible to remove human error entirely.
Still, people who ride the scooters almost never wear a helmet, that's their choice, and we must see scooters as a high-risk luxury. I prefer to ride carpool than scooters though.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Kind of on topic, but this is a cool invention lots of people are wearing in Scandanaiva. Airbag for cyclists... could work for scooter riders as well:

Problem with helmets is that they mess up your hair. Look dorky. Are uncomfortable.

I noticed women specifically were wearing these airbag things a lot over there.

Last edited:

dauntless

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 26, 2019
Kind of on topic, but this is a cool invention lots of people are wearing in Scandanaiva. Airbag for cyclists... could work for scooter riders as well:

Problem with helmets is that they mess up your hair. Look dorky. Are uncomfortable.

Noticeably, lots of women were wearing these airbag things over there.
This is amazing.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm having a hard time deciphering you.

So you fell off a scooter, and you want the sidewalks to be made out of rubber or something softer than concrete so it doesn't hurt when you fall?

Here are some solutions for you:

inca-jungle-biking-equipment.jpg

Legit stole my reply lmao

Sandholdt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 3, 2018

I noticed women specifically were wearing these airbag things a lot over there.

Only problem with these compared to a helmet, is that they're 200-300$ each, and single use. And they're seen to blow off if you make some sudden movements, or not blow off at all.

If you are comfortable prioritizing your money towards it, thought, they're really safe.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Only problem with these compared to a helmet, is that they're 200-300$ each, and single use. And they're seen to blow off if you make some sudden movements, or not blow off at all.

If you are comfortable prioritizing your money towards it, thought, they're really safe.

Looks like there is a need for a cheap version of this, that’s multi-use.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
You may require medical attention. Like not even joking.

Edit: I'm sincerely not being a dick. I swear.
I feel fine just a couple scars and bruises. But maybe I lost my sense of self and like I said only had 2% of it left.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
How do you calculate percentages? :)
He he I am just kidding man. Glad you are ok. Be safe, wear a helmet. If you are worried about your hair, keep a comb in your pocket.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Think about it. Maybe its a dream but dreams start from somewhere. It is a hard surface you can ride cars or anything on but on impact it wont hurt you when you fall down. Think about the amount of lives this can save.

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
I think two wheels are always dangerous: you can fall and hit hard concrete or worse, something can hit you, and in any case you have no protection at all.

We'd need something smaller than a car, not bigger that a big motorcycle but with four wheels, some protection for the driver, maybe electric, that doesn't cost too much...

Uhm, well, maybe something like that?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I made this post because I was mad at the concrete for blacking me out but I still think it would be a cool idea to replace concrete roads with something else that can lessen the impact if someone were to fall on it (before we thought flying was impossible. Dont count off dreams).

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
I made this post because I was mad at the concrete for blacking me out but I still think it would be a cool idea to replace concrete roads with something else that can lessen the impact if someone were to fall on it (before we thought flying was impossible. Dont count off dreams).

Dude, the problem isn't the concrete. Have you ever seen what happens when something hits a body of water at great speed? It pretty much feels like hitting concrete. The problem is that scooters are dangerous and people don't wear any kind of protection. Next time wear at least a helmet.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

If you make the road soft how will you ride on it. It would bounce. It would be like riding on grass.

unless you want a material that is hard and then can tell when something is about to hit it and then softens in that exact area.

or you can just wear a helmet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.