The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook/IG ads for local businesses?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Hey, Ill try to keep it short.

Is there a way to effectively use fb/ig ads for traditional local service businesses?

The kind of Business you only call right when you need them. Think like plumbers or locksmiths.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
It probably sounds counter-intuitive but often one of the best ways for local businesses to get noticed is to carpet bomb with ads (basically advertising to everyone in a very tightly targeted geographic location), especially with services like these where people aren't looking for them daily.

It raises brand awareness and when they are looking for someone they're more likely to choose the business that is at the top of their mind because they've seen it pop up so much.

FB/IG ads also have great advanced tools like audience targeting which can help even further. For example, if the local business was a boiler repair service, you could put out an ad offering a discount for a boiler maintenance service and using Facebook's audience pixel be able to record who visited your website to claim your offer and use this to further hone what kind of people are clicking on your ads .

Hey, Ill try to keep it short.

Is there a way to effectively use fb/ig ads for traditional local service businesses?

The kind of Business you only call right when you need them. Think like plumbers or locksmiths.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Th
It probably sounds counter-intuitive but often one of the best ways for local businesses to get noticed is to carpet bomb with ads (basically advertising to everyone in a very tightly targeted geographic location), especially with services like these where people aren't looking for them daily.

It raises brand awareness and when they are looking for someone they're more likely to choose the business that is at the top of their mind because they've seen it pop up so much.

FB/IG ads also have great advanced tools like audience targeting which can help even further. For example, if the local business was a boiler repair service, you could put out an ad offering a discount for a boiler maintenance service and using Facebook's audience pixel be able to record who visited your website to claim your offer and use this to further hone what kind of people are clicking on your ads .

Trank you, that makes perfect Sense in theory.
I have an google ppc/ seo Client that does analysis of car crashes to claim your Money from the insurance. So its a service one might never need or only every couple of years.
Do you think fb ads for branding make sense in this scenario? The chances of someone seeing an ad and having a car accident within the next weeks seem pretty unlikely.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why not go direct to the market and have flyers around in the neighborhood?

That's what I did with landscaping

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 26, 2019
UK
I think for traditional local businesses like Plumbers, Locksmiths or Electricians, Google Ads would be more beneficial. Because when people need services from Plumbers, Locksmiths, Electricians, or someone else, they will definitely search on Google rather than on Facebook or Instagram. So I would recommend advertising on Google rather than on Facebook or Instagram for traditional local services like Plumbers, Locksmiths or Electrician, and many others.

Pritesh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 18, 2020
Yes, running fb ads for local businesses works and you get leads cheaper than Google ads and with a much higher volume, but it depends.

1. Does the local business have a phone closer who can call and close leads within 15 minutes? (It won't work if not)
2. Is the phone attendant good at closing the leads by using techniques such as irresistible offers, being emphatic with the customer, etc?
3. Do you have a system in place to deliver leads to local businesses's sales person in real time so you don't turn warm leads into cold?
4. Do you have a backend accountability tracking to check the response time of said sales person?

A *sales funnel* is really important to actually come up ahead on fb advertising, without it you'd be looking for same ROIs as traditional methods, with additional hassle of dealing with fb ads which are known to be inconsistent.

Volume is near endless if you operate in a big city, when you angle your business properly on facebook, you are lookingat massive volume of leads compared to Google. I always tell my clients I will just run facebook, but a lawyer was adament that he required his ad to run on Google as well. The volume of leads was so high, that he told me to turn off ads on both platforms after 3 days because he was booked for an entire month using purely leads from Facebook. The google ad was still stuck in review by the way.

I have a few success stories with running local business leads for dentists and realtors specifically and I am working on a case study. The Funnel app I used already reached out to me for a featured article, I am just waiting to receive two more video testimonials from clients whom I've already delivered leads with double digit ROIs (which is near impossible with traditional ad placements like billboards, groupon, google ads, etc)

Last edited:

SeorchUK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 14, 2021
Sheffield
I know plenty of businesses that are using Facebook for their advertising now as the interface is simple for people without technical skills to use. Google My Business is a must have for any business and start getting those reviews in, they count!
One business area, namely Doncaster, has been extremely competitive considering its small population. The Google My Business listing has proved to be hard to climb the ranking but not impossible and has taken over six months to reach the top 3 positions for Doncaster Locksmith.
The problem with customer service is that you have to be available as there is no point in setting it up and not being in a position to answer messages and calls straight away. Some services like hairdressers, florists etc will allow a small time for a reply or go elsewhere.
Businesses are increasingly moving away from PPC because of click fraud from competitors. You can setup tools and services to combat click fraud but they only work when so many clicks have activated the alert from the same IP.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.