The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Facebook/IG ads for local businesses?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Menery

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 22, 2019
Hey, Ill try to keep it short.

Is there a way to effectively use fb/ig ads for traditional local service businesses?

The kind of Business you only call right when you need them. Think like plumbers or locksmiths.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 9, 2015
It probably sounds counter-intuitive but often one of the best ways for local businesses to get noticed is to carpet bomb with ads (basically advertising to everyone in a very tightly targeted geographic location), especially with services like these where people aren't looking for them daily.

It raises brand awareness and when they are looking for someone they're more likely to choose the business that is at the top of their mind because they've seen it pop up so much.

FB/IG ads also have great advanced tools like audience targeting which can help even further. For example, if the local business was a boiler repair service, you could put out an ad offering a discount for a boiler maintenance service and using Facebook's audience pixel be able to record who visited your website to claim your offer and use this to further hone what kind of people are clicking on your ads .

Hey, Ill try to keep it short.

Is there a way to effectively use fb/ig ads for traditional local service businesses?

The kind of Business you only call right when you need them. Think like plumbers or locksmiths.

OP
OP
M

Menery

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 22, 2019
Th
It probably sounds counter-intuitive but often one of the best ways for local businesses to get noticed is to carpet bomb with ads (basically advertising to everyone in a very tightly targeted geographic location), especially with services like these where people aren't looking for them daily.

It raises brand awareness and when they are looking for someone they're more likely to choose the business that is at the top of their mind because they've seen it pop up so much.

FB/IG ads also have great advanced tools like audience targeting which can help even further. For example, if the local business was a boiler repair service, you could put out an ad offering a discount for a boiler maintenance service and using Facebook's audience pixel be able to record who visited your website to claim your offer and use this to further hone what kind of people are clicking on your ads .
Trank you, that makes perfect Sense in theory.
I have an google ppc/ seo Client that does analysis of car crashes to claim your Money from the insurance. So its a service one might never need or only every couple of years.
Do you think fb ads for branding make sense in this scenario? The chances of someone seeing an ad and having a car accident within the next weeks seem pretty unlikely.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
Why not go direct to the market and have flyers around in the neighborhood?

That's what I did with landscaping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom