The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ad....What is this?

Marketing, social media, advertising

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Can someone please explain what is happening here...

At some point I noticed an interesting ad on my Facebook page. The ad was from a company in the same space as me.

I clicked on their post and went to their landing page to see what they were offering..

And now, every so often I see a new sponsored post from the company. I started browsing the comments to see what people had to say and I realized that there are opportunities to steal prospects in the comments.

The problem is that the ad doesn't always appear. I assumed that they were retargeting me. But I'm not sure. The post is not on their Facebook page. Is this a Facebook Dark Post? And is a Facebook Dark post the same as a retargeting ad on FB?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Can someone please explain what is happening here...

At some point I noticed an interesting ad on my Facebook page. The ad was from a company in the same space as me.

I clicked on their post and went to their landing page to see what they were offering..

And now, every so often I see a new sponsored post from the company. I started browsing the comments to see what people had to say and I realized that there are opportunities to steal prospects in the comments.

The problem is that the ad doesn't always appear. I assumed that they were retargeting me. But I'm not sure. The post is not on their Facebook page. Is this a Facebook Dark Post? And is a Facebook Dark post the same as a retargeting ad on FB?

1. You were hit by a Facebook ad that was not published publicly - it was published only to be used as an ad.
  2. You clicked on it, and were added to their FB retargeting list.
  3. On your feed, you are now seeing more posts that were published privately, only to be seen as ads

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
It all makes sense now, thanks!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Steal prospects in the comments? why not just create your own ad and target that same market?

I'm doing both, but without getting into specifics, I'm pre-launching something. It would be stupid to not message the people in the comments. They all have problems with the product/offer and I have the solution that they need. Doing stuff like this always works for me. That's how you make sales.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Is there a way to spy on a Facebook Ad's Targeting? I have used What's Run Where, SpyFu, and Adbeat, but I haven't found a tool that gathers data about Facebook campaigns.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.