The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Experienced outstanding outcome with outsourced solutions?

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
In hopes of starting the design process of a long awaited project, I recently posted at elance. For those of you not familiar with elance, the process begins with you stating your project and budget, with a hopeful reciprocation of designers/firms placing "bids" for the job offer.

I had made a posting yesterday, and now I am receiving plenty of bids from overseas, mostly from India or Russia. Most of their introductions, presentations, portfolios and RATES blow away the replies I receive from people here in the states. Our budget for this project from design/e-commerce implementation is around 2k. Based on portfolios , some $6k bids i see from the states can't even compete with a
$2k portfolio from firm "xyz" in New Delhi, India.

As i hopefully anticipate the start of my project for the beginning of March '08, have any of you personally experienced outstanding services? I am worried most about not being able to communicate properly in terms of the logistics and specifics. Not in the sense of a language barrier, but in terms of cultural difference.

Post your experiences!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Before you commit to anyone else, contact our Board Sponsor here (Tom/Aptohosting) and inquire with them. They have an ad on the left side of the main page here, or you can go directly to their site (www.aptohosting.com). Everybody who has used them within this community has nothing but the best to say about their customer service and experience.

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
The only culturally motivated barriers I have witnessed are differing holidays. Particularly in India, they seem to have a decent amount of holidays that they take off of work from. I've seen typically consistent, quality work in short periods of time however, so I wouldn't worry too much about the holiday situation. The only other issue I can think of that you'll likely need to work around are time differences.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
In hopes of starting the design process of a long awaited project, I recently posted at elance. For those of you not familiar with elance, the process begins with you stating your project and budget, with a hopeful reciprocation of designers/firms placing "bids" for the job offer.

I had made a posting yesterday, and now I am receiving plenty of bids from overseas, mostly from India or Russia. Most of their introductions, presentations, portfolios and RATES blow away the replies I receive from people here in the states. Our budget for this project from design/e-commerce implementation is around 2k. Based on portfolios , some $6k bids i see from the states can't even compete with a
$2k portfolio from firm "xyz" in New Delhi, India.

As i hopefully anticipate the start of my project for the beginning of March '08, have any of you personally experienced outstanding services? I am worried most about not being able to communicate properly in terms of the logistics and specifics. Not in the sense of a language barrier, but in terms of cultural difference.

Post your experiences!

You should try rentacoderdotcom. They have a better verification process.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
I have been outsourcing work for a while now. Here are a few suggestions:

- Run a small project first to see how they perform.

- There are language barriers with Indians in particular. Some may speak English, but they will not be able to understand your instructions. Worst case scenario I've had to relay instructions 6 times and the project was never completed to spec. There are plenty who are just the opposite, which is why you should test them out before committing big dollars.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hi there,

If you want to call me at 1-866-404-9090 or email me at tom@aptohosting. I will be more than happy to talk to you about your project, and I feel that we can work with you on a $2,000 budget.

Thanks,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!