• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB/DIGITAL Experienced outstanding outcome with outsourced solutions?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by rsant, Feb 7, 2008.

1. rsant

rsant New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $37
    In hopes of starting the design process of a long awaited project, I recently posted at elance. For those of you not familiar with elance, the process begins with you stating your project and budget, with a hopeful reciprocation of designers/firms placing "bids" for the job offer.

I had made a posting yesterday, and now I am receiving plenty of bids from overseas, mostly from India or Russia. Most of their introductions, presentations, portfolios and RATES blow away the replies I receive from people here in the states. Our budget for this project from design/e-commerce implementation is around 2k. Based on portfolios , some $6k bids i see from the states can't even compete with a
    $2k portfolio from firm "xyz" in New Delhi, India.

As i hopefully anticipate the start of my project for the beginning of March '08, have any of you personally experienced outstanding services? I am worried most about not being able to communicate properly in terms of the logistics and specifics. Not in the sense of a language barrier, but in terms of cultural difference.

Post your experiences!

2. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $193
    Before you commit to anyone else, contact our Board Sponsor here (Tom/Aptohosting) and inquire with them. They have an ad on the left side of the main page here, or you can go directly to their site (www.aptohosting.com). Everybody who has used them within this community has nothing but the best to say about their customer service and experience.

3. phade

phade New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    The only culturally motivated barriers I have witnessed are differing holidays. Particularly in India, they seem to have a decent amount of holidays that they take off of work from. I've seen typically consistent, quality work in short periods of time however, so I wouldn't worry too much about the holiday situation. The only other issue I can think of that you'll likely need to work around are time differences.

4. Walley

Walley New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $83
    You should try rentacoderdotcom. They have a better verification process.

5. Andrew

Andrew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $66
    I have been outsourcing work for a while now. Here are a few suggestions:

- Run a small project first to see how they perform.

- There are language barriers with Indians in particular. Some may speak English, but they will not be able to understand your instructions. Worst case scenario I've had to relay instructions 6 times and the project was never completed to spec. There are plenty who are just the opposite, which is why you should test them out before committing big dollars.

6. aptohosting

aptohosting Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $188
    Hi there,

If you want to call me at 1-866-404-9090 or email me at tom@aptohosting. I will be more than happy to talk to you about your project, and I feel that we can work with you on a $2,000 budget.

Thanks,
    Tom C.
    www.aptohosting.com

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.