Hi guys
Any tips on evaluating potential developers?
I use a lot of Indian developers to make up sites and ideas for cost reasons. Without fail, every company claims to make a product 100% bug free, everything is perfect etc etc etc
Reality is rarely that.
Current developer I sent over a test system. It took them a couple of hours, they did it fine, and got the job.
But now I find they're lazy and the deadlines are slipping. I end up having to chuck them more $$$ to meet deadlines. This is fine as its not a lot of $$$ but its still hassle and I'd rather they stick to deadlines.
They're also struggling with a few things and I end up having to chase third parties for information to pass onto developers.
How do you guys evaluate potential developers?
Cheers
Any tips on evaluating potential developers?
I use a lot of Indian developers to make up sites and ideas for cost reasons. Without fail, every company claims to make a product 100% bug free, everything is perfect etc etc etc
Reality is rarely that.
Current developer I sent over a test system. It took them a couple of hours, they did it fine, and got the job.
But now I find they're lazy and the deadlines are slipping. I end up having to chuck them more $$$ to meet deadlines. This is fine as its not a lot of $$$ but its still hassle and I'd rather they stick to deadlines.
They're also struggling with a few things and I end up having to chase third parties for information to pass onto developers.
How do you guys evaluate potential developers?
Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
