Hey Folks,
I began creating a mobile application designed for individuals experiencing back pain. The gist of it is that it would allow users to log entries (activity, events that triggered pain) and attach a pain level from 1-10 with it. There would be a trends section that visualizes all of their journal entries over a period of time, allowing them to potentially see what might be triggering their pain. I have additional plans for it, but I'll save that for another day.
Initially, I thought it could pass as a generic wellness app but it seems like it would be subject to Hipaa, and potentially would need to get approved as a medical device. I'm not opposed to a bit of difficulty, but I'm questioning whether it would actually work with the additional regulations and costs. Has anyone dealt with this space? I took a look at all of the regulations it could be subject to and it can get your head spinning.
I have had folks sign up on an email list for the application already, so there is interest at least.
I'm trying to gauge if it's worth getting into the murky waters of HealthTech or not.
I began creating a mobile application designed for individuals experiencing back pain. The gist of it is that it would allow users to log entries (activity, events that triggered pain) and attach a pain level from 1-10 with it. There would be a trends section that visualizes all of their journal entries over a period of time, allowing them to potentially see what might be triggering their pain. I have additional plans for it, but I'll save that for another day.
Initially, I thought it could pass as a generic wellness app but it seems like it would be subject to Hipaa, and potentially would need to get approved as a medical device. I'm not opposed to a bit of difficulty, but I'm questioning whether it would actually work with the additional regulations and costs. Has anyone dealt with this space? I took a look at all of the regulations it could be subject to and it can get your head spinning.
I have had folks sign up on an email list for the application already, so there is interest at least.
I'm trying to gauge if it's worth getting into the murky waters of HealthTech or not.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
