The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

European Fastlane Business Thread

D

Deleted78083

With the EU population being almost 1.5 times larger than the US pop., consumer spendings in the EU, before Covid hit, were six times smaller ($2,141 bln vs $13,353 bln; source – tradingeconomics.com). As of now, the discrepancy is probably even bigger, as most of the EU countries still in lockdown.
Yeah but we are not making nearly as much as in the US either. @VicFountain pointed out to me that software engineers easily make 6 figures in the US. It's not something that happens in the EU.

My point is, in the EU, there's no culture of spending more than you earn. And I don't argue whether it's good or bad. I just pointed out this very noticeable difference, which is IMO is the major reason businesses have fewer opportunities to make money and grow
Exactly...generally, we take much less risks than in the US.
But even though it all sounds like a rant, I'm actually trying to say that there is so much opportunities in Europe for unscripted entrepreneurs that sometimes it feels like you only need to make the first step, and there will be money rainfall
Totally agree, the fact that so few people are business-oriented make Europe much less competitive than the US, but with almost as many opportunities/problems to solve.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DMNinja

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 14, 2021
Greece/ Cyprus
So, I have a question: Are you using accounting software? I'm searching for software that's compatible to the EU legislation but I can't find something as ubiquitous as Quickbooks or anything comprehensive. Can you give me a few pointers to look around?

d0min0

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 16, 2018
Germany
So, I have a question: Are you using accounting software? I'm searching for software that's compatible to the EU legislation but I can't find something as ubiquitous as Quickbooks or anything comprehensive. Can you give me a few pointers to look around?
I was researching this question half a year ago and didn't find any software solution for my small business (FreeAgent had the best offering, though). But I managed to compile a list of questions that one needs to consider when looking for accounting software:
  • What's the size of your company? In most EU countries and the UK, there's a definition of a small/micro business entity. When the company doesn't exceed a certain yearly revenue threshold, it can be considered a small/micro business. Small/micro businesses have more relaxed requirements for their financial records. Sometimes, you even don't have to follow the double-entry bookkeeping system.
  • Check with your local tax office's requirements for your industry and comply with these first. Then you can start worrying about the EU legislation.
  • Do you need to handle VAT? If yes, US-made software most likely won't work for you, even though it sometimes looks nicer and cheaper.
I hope that helps.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Hire an accountant. It's not worth it to do it yourself.

DMNinja

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 14, 2021
Greece/ Cyprus
Hire an accountant. It's not worth it to do it yourself.
The problem is that my niche involves accounting work to be done. I can understand not needing software and hiring an accountant to manage the financials of the company, but using software would magnify the volume of services offered, since I can take up more work, but also decrease the processing time of each client.

And even then, that work will be done by my subcontracted accountant. I just want to be able to pick up more projects.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Today on Youtube I came across an ad from Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs

It seems to be funded by the EU Commission and is targeted towards supporting young entrepreneurs who are starting up.

On their website, you can find out who are the local contacts in your country, resources on doing business in the EU and also learn about their support schemes. Thought I'd share it here because it might be useful to some of us.

European business exchange programme - Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs

D

Deleted78083

Today on Youtube I came across an ad from Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs

It seems to be funded by the EU Commission and is targeted towards supporting young entrepreneurs who are starting up.

On their website, you can find out who are the local contacts in your country, resources on doing business in the EU and also learn about their support schemes. Thought I'd share it here because it might be useful to some of us.

European business exchange programme - Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
Thank you, i will go to sleep now, but it looks like something i'd apply to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.