The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur turned down $2 billion

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

silentownage001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Apr 7, 2013
Came across this article on the BBC and thought it was worth sharing. Shows what can happen if you keep going. It took him a year to get the right recipe.

Just a few years ago Justin Woolverton was pleading with US supermarkets to keep his reduced calorie ice cream tubs in their freezer cabinets.

Sales of his low fat, low sugar brand Halo Top were flat-lining, and stores were continually threatened to stop stocking it.

"We were hanging on by the skin of our teeth," says the 38-year-old, who launched the business in 2012. "We'd tell them 'leave us up there, things are going to turnaround'."

In his wildest dreams Mr Woolverton couldn't have predicted just how dramatic the turnaround would be. Just six years after starting, his ice cream is now the best-selling brand in the US.

The man who created a $2bn ice cream firm in his kitchen

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Ohhh I had this a week ago, and it was delicous. Basically indistinguishable from ice cream. Unless you like yours half or wholly melted, then it's noticeable.

Moral of the story though....get better marketing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's a VEGAN "ice cream" -- as I've been saying, millions and billions will be made in this space in the coming years.

Money follows demand. The ice cream recipe didn't change, DEMAND did. And it will continue.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ice cream isn't ice cream anymore. It is some nasty a$$ concoction with 30+ ingredients that are nearly impossible to read. I take it as a good thing though, as I read the ingredients before I attempt to buy it, so never actually end up buying it. Haagan Daaz is good, and it has like 5 ingredients, but it is too expensive for me to actually bring myself to purchase often.

This is like Facebook turning down that first offer from Yahoo for a billion dollars. The book Zero to One talks about it. These guys have an idea for what they want out of the company, so know exactly where it can go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Ice cream isn't ice cream anymore. It is some nasty a$$ concoction with 30+ ingredients that are nearly impossible to read. I take it as a good thing though, as I read the ingredients before I attempt to buy it, so never actually end up buying it. Haagan Daaz is good, and it has like 5 ingredients, but it is too expensive for me to actually bring myself to purchase often.

This is like Facebook turning down that first offer from Yahoo for a billion dollars. The book Zero to One talks about it. These guys have an idea for what they want out of the company, so know exactly where it can go.

Remember the Breyer's commercials where the kids could read the ingredients. Well.. now they call it "a frozen dessert" because it's not ice cream. It's gross and crumbles. That's how I noticed they changed it years ago. Now I buy ice cream from Trader Joe's. :) It's so yummy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.