The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur turned down $2 billion

silentownage001

Contributor
Apr 7, 2013
Came across this article on the BBC and thought it was worth sharing. Shows what can happen if you keep going. It took him a year to get the right recipe.

Just a few years ago Justin Woolverton was pleading with US supermarkets to keep his reduced calorie ice cream tubs in their freezer cabinets.

Sales of his low fat, low sugar brand Halo Top were flat-lining, and stores were continually threatened to stop stocking it.

"We were hanging on by the skin of our teeth," says the 38-year-old, who launched the business in 2012. "We'd tell them 'leave us up there, things are going to turnaround'."

In his wildest dreams Mr Woolverton couldn't have predicted just how dramatic the turnaround would be. Just six years after starting, his ice cream is now the best-selling brand in the US.

The man who created a $2bn ice cream firm in his kitchen

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
It's a VEGAN "ice cream" -- as I've been saying, millions and billions will be made in this space in the coming years.

Money follows demand. The ice cream recipe didn't change, DEMAND did. And it will continue.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ice cream isn't ice cream anymore. It is some nasty a$$ concoction with 30+ ingredients that are nearly impossible to read. I take it as a good thing though, as I read the ingredients before I attempt to buy it, so never actually end up buying it. Haagan Daaz is good, and it has like 5 ingredients, but it is too expensive for me to actually bring myself to purchase often.

This is like Facebook turning down that first offer from Yahoo for a billion dollars. The book Zero to One talks about it. These guys have an idea for what they want out of the company, so know exactly where it can go.

WildFlower

Contributor
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Ice cream isn't ice cream anymore. It is some nasty a$$ concoction with 30+ ingredients that are nearly impossible to read. I take it as a good thing though, as I read the ingredients before I attempt to buy it, so never actually end up buying it. Haagan Daaz is good, and it has like 5 ingredients, but it is too expensive for me to actually bring myself to purchase often.

This is like Facebook turning down that first offer from Yahoo for a billion dollars. The book Zero to One talks about it. These guys have an idea for what they want out of the company, so know exactly where it can go.
Remember the Breyer's commercials where the kids could read the ingredients. Well.. now they call it "a frozen dessert" because it's not ice cream. It's gross and crumbles. That's how I noticed they changed it years ago. Now I buy ice cream from Trader Joe's. :) It's so yummy!

Reactions: GPM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom