• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Entrepreneur turned down $2 billion

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by silentownage001, Jul 1, 2018.

1. silentownage001

silentownage001 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $283
    Came across this article on the BBC and thought it was worth sharing. Shows what can happen if you keep going. It took him a year to get the right recipe.

The man who created a $2bn ice cream firm in his kitchen

2. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,448
    Ohhh I had this a week ago, and it was delicous. Basically indistinguishable from ice cream. Unless you like yours half or wholly melted, then it's noticeable.

Moral of the story though....get better marketing.

FastLaner007 and ZF Lee like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $356,744
    Admin Post
    It's a VEGAN "ice cream" -- as I've been saying, millions and billions will be made in this space in the coming years.

Money follows demand. The ice cream recipe didn't change, DEMAND did. And it will continue.

amp0193, Fox, ZF Lee and 3 others like this.
  4. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,142
    Ice cream isn't ice cream anymore. It is some nasty a$$ concoction with 30+ ingredients that are nearly impossible to read. I take it as a good thing though, as I read the ingredients before I attempt to buy it, so never actually end up buying it. Haagan Daaz is good, and it has like 5 ingredients, but it is too expensive for me to actually bring myself to purchase often.

This is like Facebook turning down that first offer from Yahoo for a billion dollars. The book Zero to One talks about it. These guys have an idea for what they want out of the company, so know exactly where it can go.

SMH, jon.a, Kak and 3 others like this.
  5. WildFlower

WildFlower Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $322
    Remember the Breyer's commercials where the kids could read the ingredients. Well.. now they call it "a frozen dessert" because it's not ice cream. It's gross and crumbles. That's how I noticed they changed it years ago. Now I buy ice cream from Trader Joe's. :) It's so yummy!

GPM likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.