The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur and lonely

Anything related to matters of the mind

EmmaB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,500%
May 31, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm 24 years old, I'm creating my company and I just joined the community. I quit my job one year ago to pursue my dream to be entrepreneur and financially independent, and I've never felt lonelier.

I come from a family of public teachers, the only fact that I quit my 3000-euros-per-month job is incomprehensible for them. I can't seem to do anything else than justifying myself and explaining my choice over and over again at family dinners.

I live with my boyfriend, who has done a business school and aims to get a high-paid job in a multinational company. His family has the same mindset: big studies, big jobs, and big salaries in big companies. According to his parents, he should do anything to have a good resume.

I work from home, so I spend most of my day alone, sitting at a table and working on my computer.

I do not have any friend who has the same mindset as me; everyone goes to school, everyone applies for jobs, everyone follows the scripted-life who has been written for them.

I have a dream that I would one day represent the entrepreneurial success in my country - France. I come from a family without any money, my father killed himself when I was a child, my grandpa who raised me died of cancer when I was 18. I used to live in a studio with my mom and the first bedroom I ever had was at age 16. I want to become a millionnaire, to live in a house in the mountains and have a residence at the Cap d'Antibes where my grandpa used to take me in car, I want to give money to families in difficulty and use my time to go on humanitarian missions, instead of spending it working until I'm 60 years old.

But, I cannot talk about any of this to anyone, as everybody will think I'm dreaming and ask me to come down to earth.

I have absolutely no idea who to talk to - I feel overwhelmed by my own determination who has to stay inside of me and cannot go out to make me happy.

I started to feel depressed a few months ago; and it's starting to impact my work. I used to be the most motivated person everywhere I would be, and now I find it hard to find a reason to wake up every morning.

I read the Millionnaire Fastlane, and I decided to join the community, hoping I could meet some people who have big dreams and aren't afraid to expose it to the eyes of the world !

Hope to get in touch with a few people,

Emma

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Hey Emma,

Welcome onboard. There are a few Frenchies around here (@Djioul @Jeannen). Good on you for starting something up. What is it about ? You don't need to share the details if you don't want to.

It's okay to feel a bit lonely, especially at the beginning, it's part of the journey. Friends don't necessarily need to share your business ambitions though. Except for a couple of them, none of my friends are in business, it doesn't mean I can't hangout with them. With my BJJ friends I mostly talk fighting. Etc...

Now, if you need to talk or vent about business, well here is a good place to start. You may be able to find entrepreneur meetups in your city too.

I can understand that not having anyone supportive of your endeavours around you is tough. Family members often just want the best for you according to what they think is good. As soon as you get some wins under your belt, they will likely understand better. Your boyfriend going after a traditionnal career doesn't mean you can't talk business with him either. My girlfriend has a regular job and we often talk about what I'm up to nonetheless.

Good luck !

frediogo333

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 3, 2022
Apps like meetup will help you find people with same interests as you. Have a hobby, it will help you decompress.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
There are many people like you, who think like you, who dream like you. You are not wrong and you are not alone.

Many feel lonely. This is unfortunately pretty normal when we aren't able to talk to people who think like us.

The path you've chosen is difficult and rewarding. So far you've only felt the difficulties. Sturdy yourself. There will be more. Keep going and you will see and feel the rewards.

Welcome to the forum.

MoneyXplorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2022
Canada
Salut Emma. Je suis du Québec.

I am not an entrepreneur yet but after loosing my job a few weeks ago, I really want to start a business.

I also feel lonely. Apart from my brother, I have a female friend which I had not seen for the last four years. After I sent her an email, we decided to go hiking together. We have done this twice but I know she is not very available so I will have to find new friends to increase my social life and prevent me to become depressed again.

Good luck and if you want to talk, just let me know ;)
Stéphan

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hey there!

I'm from France, I also had a teacher mom who had "academic" expectations for me and was disappointed when I dropped after high school.

Well, I can tell you, the loneliness doesn't go away, you just learn to live with it. At least if you stay in France, since the mentality there is bad regarding entrepreneurship. You can try to join "La communauté des entrepreneurs Livementor" on Facebook; not sure if it's still open to non-students, but there are lots of French beginner entrepreneurs there.
You can also check that: Statut National Étudiant-Entrepreneur

There are many paths in front of you, I can just tell you that for me, the way I grew the most and met the most people is by leaving France. The country is not made for entrepreneurs.

Last edited:

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Hang in there. Keep thinking of the kind of people you want to meet and meet more of them. Get creative with going to events etc. with anything it takes sometimes. You’ve got this!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I started to feel depressed a few months ago; and it's starting to impact my work. I used to be the most motivated person everywhere I would be, and now I find it hard to find a reason to wake up every morning.
Do everything you can to avoid getting depressed.
Not only you will suffer horribly because of it, but it will kill your productivity and halt your progress on your journey.

Entrepreneurship is a long battle, and you will need all the health, energy and enthusiasm you can get.

Good luck.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
Person from Germany here. I am a migrant from Turkey.

I earn currently 8-10x times of the pension of my parents together from my corporate job. So the going is really tough, when it comes to family and entrepreneurship in my case. :)

Germany and France are not very different. These countries live off of that scripted schemes which your people recommend you to.

My advice is for you to leave EU, I will do it too. I do not want to pay 53% taxes my whole F*cking life.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hello Emma, Anas from Paris, welcome onboard !

Big dreams on my side too, now working in consulting, learning to code on the other side to get my specialized skill and launch my first ideas as MVPs.

I feel a bit the same as I have no one in my circle of friends (even my wife) having the same mindset than I do, I kind of accepted it but still try to give them MJ's books and other good ressources to get them out of the scripted mindset.

Maybe would it be interesting to create a discussion with all the frenchies looking for a kind of discussion/sharing/support group and even have a physical meetup !

Feel free to reach out to me ! :)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I work from home, so I spend most of my day alone, sitting at a table and working on my computer.

There is no doubt an extra layer of loneliness being a woman with an entrepreneurial mindset.... you already feel alienated from society for wanting more/thinking different & (in my personal experience) it was even harder to find women who shared the same ambitions. It makes total sense that you feel this way.

Do co-working spaces exist anywhere near you? Where you can go pay a nominal fee & share an office/internet connection with other potential entrepreneurial minded people making things happen? Sometimes it's just nice being in that kind of energy/environment.

I'm glad you spoke up, I think this impacts way more people than actually talk about it. Welcome to our group.

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
Hi everyone,

I'm 24 years old, I'm creating my company and I just joined the community. I quit my job one year ago to pursue my dream to be entrepreneur and financially independent, and I've never felt lonelier.

I come from a family of public teachers, the only fact that I quit my 3000-euros-per-month job is incomprehensible for them. I can't seem to do anything else than justifying myself and explaining my choice over and over again at family dinners.

I live with my boyfriend, who has done a business school and aims to get a high-paid job in a multinational company. His family has the same mindset: big studies, big jobs, and big salaries in big companies. According to his parents, he should do anything to have a good resume.

I do not have any friend who has the s

Hi @EmmaB welcome, I'm in France too. Glad to see someone from France here.
I think loneliness is kind of unavoidable, but you're not obliged to work alone. Depending on what your entrepreneurial journey is, you can join an incubator. There are a lot of incubators in France. There, you'll meet like-minded people and you'll surely be more motivated.
What you can do is travel to another town too and join online meetup groups. I'm in Paris actually and there are a few meetups that I go to when I feel like meeting people that share my struggle. You can start here : Find Events & Groups | Meetup

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
Hi everyone,

Salut Emma, bienvenue sur le forum.

Getting a high-paid job in a big company is the dream of a lot of parents for their kids. It's not bad intentions, it's just that they see it as a safe and confortable situation for their kids.
A lot of us on this forum are in a situation similar to yours. Set your 1/5/10 goals and try pushing in this direction.

As @YanC (thanks for tagging me btw) mentionned, even if he doesn't want to go in the same direction than you, it does not mean that your boyfriend can't understand and be supportive.
And I fully agree, getting some small wins can get the ball rolling and show your family that you are serious. Plus it will give you confidence, and you will learn a lot.

From which part of France are you ? In many cities, there are events organized by entrepreneurs communities. It might be a good place to start.

aminsafiq

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 20, 2022
Calgary, Alberta
Hi Emma, welcome to the fastlane forum. Just know that you got like-minded people here and you can talk to them. My fastlane road is Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products. Send me a private message if you're interested in this kinda stuff, we can bounce off ideas and information to each other. Cheers!

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hey guys, this post seem to have felt into oblivion, I will try to get something from it ^^'

I am looking for like minded people talking french in order to do some kind of weekly/monthly checkouts, share difficulties and challenge each other point of views and help each other grow

So if some of you are interested, maybe you can drop me a DM or on discord : Demoras#5716

lizzzlizzliz

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I do not have any friend who has the same mindset as me; everyone goes to school, everyone applies for jobs, everyone follows the scripted-life who has been written for them.

I have a dream that I would one day represent the entrepreneurial success in my country - France. I come from a family without any money, my father killed himself when I was a child, my grandpa who raised me died of cancer when I was 18. I used to live in a studio with my mom and the first bedroom I ever had was at age 16. I want to become a millionnaire, to live in a house in the mountains and have a residence at the Cap d'Antibes where my grandpa used to take me in car, I want to give money to families in difficulty and use my time to go on humanitarian missions, instead of spending it working until I'm 60 years old.

But, I cannot talk about any of this to anyone, as everybody will think I'm dreaming and ask me to come down to earth.

I have absolutely no idea who to talk to - I feel overwhelmed by my own determination who has to stay inside of me and cannot go out to make me happy.

I read the Millionnaire Fastlane, and I decided to join the community, hoping I could meet some people who have big dreams and aren't afraid to expose it to the eyes of the world !

Emma
Honey! Same here, Belgian people are so mindless and scripted. I just couldn't talk to anyone anymore, the words that come out of their mouth and their mindless actions are driving me crazy.
How are you doing now, Emma? much love<33

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Great introduction. It's a pity Emma hasn't been back on the forum since the original post. I didn't realize that we had so many people from France on the forum. Greetings from your European neighbor, Ireland:)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hi everyone,

Emma
Welcome.

The good thing about online community is that you can find people interested in the same things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.