The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entering the Fastlane

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Hey everyone,

I'm Nick - thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I have always felt that there is something more to life than Honda Civics, trading 5 for 2, and living like I'm broke so I can afford retirement someday. Then I read Millionaire Fastlane and MJ helped me see through a majority of the fog and mud that had been holding me back. Although finding it younger may have been better, I feel blessed to have found this book at age 21 with plenty of my time asset remaining.

Currently, I am studying at University and will finish within two years. This point of graduation will be a challenging time in my life because I will finally have to make it clear to my parents that I don't plan to follow the "scripted" lifestyle. I know that they will love me regardless, I just hope it doesn't sever the relationship too much.

I look forward to joining the community,

Nick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum.

What are you studying in school? Do you think it's a field of study that relates to a potential business? Also, have you thought about any business concepts thus far?

Start here by reading the Gold Threads, they're full of valuable information.

Look forward to your contributions!

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Welcome to the forum.

Look forward to your contributions!

Hey Scot - thanks for the reply, I am going to graduate with a degree in Education and a minor in business. I entered University with just the education degree - pursuing that path because I thought it would make my parents happy. I decided it just wasn't enough for me, so this past year I took action and added the business minor to get my path headed the direction of setting a foundation for entrepreneurship. This summer, I am working work a local entrepreneur to get into the details of day-to-day operations, it has served as a great mentorship thus far.

Currently, I am most interested in becoming a business consultant, motivational speaker, or life coach. To accomplish those, I need to preform and take massive action first in order to have experiences to share with people. This is the path I'm on now.

While on that note, I often consider the scalability, time, and entry of such businesses. It seems that there is a "guru" around every corner, nevertheless, I still see successes such as Tony Robbins who accomplish a great deal (even if they sometimes pump stuff just to get the slowlaners going).

Nick

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Welcome, Nick!

If you're close to graduating I'd just finish the degree and be done with it. Changing course late in the game leads to more time spent in school, more debt, and less time to focus on your true goal. I have a degree in history, never took any business classes, but I think you will find a high percentage of Fastlaner's who have business degrees that will tell you the degree was not instrumental in their success. The CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz, graduated from my college alma mater. He hasn't shown face there in 20 years and wrote in his memoirs that while college was a good experience, it didn't replace the drive that he had in him to succeed and couldn't substitute for hands-on, DIY teaching. I don't blame him.

At 21 you have many, many years to try, fail, and try again. You could live your whole life over again, start a Fastlane empire from baby-steps, and still retire before the average slowlaner even thinks about drawing on their 401k. I'm only a few years older than you and I'm just getting started. I would like to have the option to retire before age 40, preferably by 35, so that gives me 9 years to build my next life, and I'm already underway, learning as I go. I think working with an entrepreneur in a mentorship capacity is the BEST thing you can do for yourself right now. Working for a millionaire one-on-one during summer vacation in college planted the seeds in my brain that will carry me to the finish line.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NickClutch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 19, 2017
Aloha, OR
Welcome, Nick!

I think working with an entrepreneur in a mentorship capacity is the BEST thing you can do for yourself right now. Working for a millionaire one-on-one during summer vacation in college planted the seeds in my brain that will carry me to the finish line.

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. What you said about planting the seeds is right on for what I'm experiencing. Last summer, I worked at a commercial real estate office and it truly transformed the way I though about money. It is what began my path and eventually led me to read Demarco's book and land on this forum.

Thanks,
Nick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.