The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce and its Gurus: Does it work in 2019?

Is dropshipping/Amazon FBA still working in 2019?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JonMack

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 11, 2019
If you want some course recommendations or want to know some people I'd recommend to follow, reply here and I'll link some.

Hi Jason, I'm abit late to this thread since I just joined but I'm in the process of learning more about Ecom. What courses or experts should i start off with?

Many thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Amazon has 2 sides to it. First it takes 30% or so of your profits. Second, it stores the stuff. You can do either the two, or just one of these.

A while ago, I did some work experience (web developing) and the guys downstairs were selling sh*tloads of stock on Amazon. (packaging goods – bubble wrap, cardboard boxes, tapes etc, they imported from Vietnam(NOT China)). Well I was more interested in what was going on downstairs.

What I found out was this: They were LISTING products on Amazon, but shipping from the private warehouse. Did a bit more snooping. The French aren’t silly enough to give away 30% of their profits – That’s what made the whole operation worthwhile.
Only reason I became interested was because every day, three or 4 big vans would come and pick up piles of packages. Van not totally filled, but full enough to get my attention.

On my last day there I head that the biz could not fulfil its orders, so it had to get an emergency order of product from a wholesale competitor. Product was orange duct tape. They delivered a whole semitrailer of orange duct tape. OMG. That’s how much product they needed to fulfil the orders. Apparently, one of the containers of product was sitting on the wharves.

The French have a thing for this Orange duct tape…. I see it in all the hardware shops. They were not selling it any cheaper online, mind you.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
Hi all,

First, I have done some research on previous threads but could not find any up to date responses, if I missed anything please redirect me to the right thread (plus the Search bar of the forum seems not to be working atm).

I have been doing a lot of research lately about key words like, Dropshipping, Amazon FBA, Shopify, Ecommerce and I always come across some videos of "gurus" explaining how they became so rich doing any of this online business and giving ALL their tips to take us there too.

Not that I don't trust them... but I don't trust them! Why would they have to do "YouTube counsulting" and sooo many conferences and books that you have to pay if this dropshipping and Amazon FBA, etc, is working so much for them???

I would really be interested in starting an online business, I am ready obviously to invest time and money to make it work but I have all this noise from the internet and I do not know anymore what/who to believe (hence this topic here).

My questions to you guys:

1) Am I right not to trust these guys on YouTube or do you think some of them are legit, in this case, which ones?

2) In 2019, what online business do you think still has some potential and is accessible for someone who still has a 9 to 5?

3) Do you have any recent reading (blog/website/book) that you would recommend so I can educate myself while being sure I am not being lied to?

I created a playlist on YouTube to illustrate who I am referring to when talking about "gurus" although I am sure you came across these guys too. I did not put all of them as there are 100s now.

E-Commerce - DropShipping - YouTube

I would really appreciate reading people who have some experience as I am sure quite a few members of the fastlane are in this industry and/or have tried at some point.

Thank you for reading me!

1) You're perfectly right. Don't trust any of these guys. Find yourself someone to work with, a mentor, who is DOING it (not teaching it), and go in the trenches with him.

2) E-commerce is still going strong, and the market cap is increasing each year. When is the last time you walked into a physical store to buy something ?

3) Don't read - find someone to work for, for free

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.