The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eBay Challenge

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, you can set a template in turbo lister, it just makes it easier if some of the basic info on the product is there. If you are selling the same items over and over it is really simple. Build it once and then it is just a matter of re-listing. I always use image hosting, I think the set up of the photos in the listings just look better. The bottom line is you just do not want not pay for imaging hosting, there is just no need.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 5: Complete!

Fifth Listing Done!

Thoughts: I'm going to need to come up with some sort of daily/monthly plan because right now I'm feeling like I'm "drifting." I'm doing things, but still find myself "lost." I feel like if I had some sort of gameplan, I wouldn't feel this way because I would be able to see where this is all heading. I know what I need to do, which I'm doing, but I don't know where this is all leading to. I know where I want it to go (end game: $10,000 per month), but I just don't know if I'm actually heading in the right direction to reach this goal. Okay so, I need to come up with a plan, a guide/map to how I will reach my goal! Also, somewhere in that plan, I need to figure out a way to record and track business related data (expenses, revenue, sales, failed sales, etc.).

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I didn't read all your posts but a suggestion from my experience, if you don't have a supplier you buy from and just pick up deals when you can, try to buy on eBay. You get eBay bucks whenever you buy something, and its not much but it adds up. I just started buying more on eBay lately and last quarter had $60.xx of ebay bucks. I made money on every item I bought plus getting money to buy it, win win. It can be hard because so many people will bid it up or buy it first. But if you are fast, know when to buy/search, and what to search, you can get some steals.

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
leono ebay can do all those things for you. You need to spend time just going through the site. They keep track of all of that stuff. How much you sold in a month, what were your ebay expenses, even list your sold and not sold. Its called your seller manager. there should be a tab called apps. Go through those and you should find some very helpful apps to fix those issues.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 6: Complete!

Sixth Listing Done!

Finally, found out what gfrye13 meant about those monthly limits. Had to switch out products because I've reached my limit for one particular category. Now, I'll have to wait 30 days before I can list items there again! Also, I've worked out a tentative plan for what I want to do and how at least in general, so I'm happy about that.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 7: Complete!

Seventh Listing Done!

Nothing new to report really. Because of what happened yesterday, I may have to change up how I do this 30 day challenge because I'm not entirely sure I'll have enough stuff to continue making listings for the next 23 days, but we'll see. Also, I really like the idea of batching, I just need to set up some kind of system first.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 8: Complete!

No new listing. I realized that I'm going to have to just wait out the limit because I don't want to sell anything else. Also, sold my first item tonight! Now, I just have to wait for the guy to send the payment, and I'll be shipping the item to him on what will probably be Monday.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 11: Complete!

Made my first 2 shippings today. I printed off and paid Paypal for the two labels, then also bought two boxes to ship the items in. Next shipment, I'm just going to buy a box, write the label myself, and see how much that amount comes to, in order to see which option is cheaper: print off label + buy box or just directly pay for box + shipping at the Post Office.

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Day 11: Complete!

Made my first 2 shippings today. I printed off and paid Paypal for the two labels, then also bought two boxes to ship the items in. Next shipment, I'm just going to buy a box, write the label myself, and see how much that amount comes to, in order to see which option is cheaper: print off label + buy box or just directly pay for box + shipping at the Post Office.

trust me its cheaper online. Ebay offers a discount for printing online, also it allows the tracking number to automatically get loaded into paypal and ebay. Your money will clear faster. How many items have you listed. If it is more then 10 go to www.usps.com and sign up for a free mailing kit they will send you free boxes for your items. All you have to do is print the label stick it on and either carry it to the post office yourself or have them come pick it up. TO EASY!

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Day 14: Complete!

Tried using the free priority mail box, but didn't quite work out because I had my shipment set to media mail. Ended up paying about $6 dollars out of pocket to ship it.

Lesson Learned: Pay attention to what you set the shipment as, if you want to use one of those priority mail boxes, set the shipment to be priority mail.

D

DeletedUser394

Update? 14 days and fizzled out or are you still working it?

Was it worth it? What have you learned, what would you do differently?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.