I was working on an idea for a product for hanging a guitar on the wall without having to drill holes in the wall (what most guitarists have to do to hang it, myself included). I was hoping to use magnets and perhaps just a pin to hold up the 15lb guitar. For me its always been a pain to have to bolt it to the wall and leave huge holes.
Being a sub-par science student , I spent weeks tinkering with magnets trying to figure out the solution only to come up empty.
Long story short, I needed some expertise. First I cold called or emailed magnet experts for their thoughts. Most didnt answer or didnt care to help or had 0 ideas.
I realized I use Quora lot (Quora.com) go check it out. There are experts in every field. So what did I do? I found PHDs in physics, engineering, masters students specializing in magnets etc. I asked them for their expertise.
Found out, Quora has loyal and helpful members ( the site is built around helping) and I received an 80+% response rate and detailed responses to boot. Most will be straight with you much like the forum.
As a conclusion, pretty much all said it would be difficult or could not be down without damaging the wall or guitar. Also some of them were guitarists and said they wouldnt trust anything but screws to hold up their epiphone. So that died.
Point is, you need help or to brainstorm? Hit up Quora.
Good email format is to start by linking to a post where you found them so it lets them know youre not spamming the heck out of them.
Working on a new idea and gathering thoughts with the same strategy (got a response from a guy who knows a lot of VCs hehe...need to convince him first
Hope this helps...i can show you a good cold email script if you want im sure its been covered before though in other threads.
Cheers
Joe
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Being a sub-par science student , I spent weeks tinkering with magnets trying to figure out the solution only to come up empty.
Long story short, I needed some expertise. First I cold called or emailed magnet experts for their thoughts. Most didnt answer or didnt care to help or had 0 ideas.
I realized I use Quora lot (Quora.com) go check it out. There are experts in every field. So what did I do? I found PHDs in physics, engineering, masters students specializing in magnets etc. I asked them for their expertise.
Found out, Quora has loyal and helpful members ( the site is built around helping) and I received an 80+% response rate and detailed responses to boot. Most will be straight with you much like the forum.
As a conclusion, pretty much all said it would be difficult or could not be down without damaging the wall or guitar. Also some of them were guitarists and said they wouldnt trust anything but screws to hold up their epiphone. So that died.
Point is, you need help or to brainstorm? Hit up Quora.
Good email format is to start by linking to a post where you found them so it lets them know youre not spamming the heck out of them.
Working on a new idea and gathering thoughts with the same strategy (got a response from a guy who knows a lot of VCs hehe...need to convince him first
Hope this helps...i can show you a good cold email script if you want im sure its been covered before though in other threads.
Cheers
Joe
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
