The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Easy way to get access to experts and maybe VCs....

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I was working on an idea for a product for hanging a guitar on the wall without having to drill holes in the wall (what most guitarists have to do to hang it, myself included). I was hoping to use magnets and perhaps just a pin to hold up the 15lb guitar. For me its always been a pain to have to bolt it to the wall and leave huge holes.

Being a sub-par science student , I spent weeks tinkering with magnets trying to figure out the solution only to come up empty.

Long story short, I needed some expertise. First I cold called or emailed magnet experts for their thoughts. Most didnt answer or didnt care to help or had 0 ideas.

I realized I use Quora lot (Quora.com) go check it out. There are experts in every field. So what did I do? I found PHDs in physics, engineering, masters students specializing in magnets etc. I asked them for their expertise.

Found out, Quora has loyal and helpful members ( the site is built around helping) and I received an 80+% response rate and detailed responses to boot. Most will be straight with you much like the forum.

As a conclusion, pretty much all said it would be difficult or could not be down without damaging the wall or guitar. Also some of them were guitarists and said they wouldnt trust anything but screws to hold up their epiphone. So that died.

Point is, you need help or to brainstorm? Hit up Quora.

Good email format is to start by linking to a post where you found them so it lets them know youre not spamming the heck out of them.

Working on a new idea and gathering thoughts with the same strategy (got a response from a guy who knows a lot of VCs hehe...need to convince him first :)

Hope this helps...i can show you a good cold email script if you want im sure its been covered before though in other threads.

Cheers
Joe

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.