• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Importing? Here's an easy way to manage your supply chain:

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by AgainstAllOdds, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:34 AM.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,819
    I started importing a lot and had problems organizing what I'm importing, when it's supposed to be completed, delivered, etc.

After looking for solutions, I found a really simple and free one:

Trello

Trello lets you create "boards". It's amazing for managing remote teams, thoughts, your supply chain, etc.

Here's how I have my supply chain organized:

[​IMG]

I have four boards:
    • Pre-Production
    • In Production
    • In Transit; and
    • Need Pickup
    As the product goes through the supply chain, I move it left to right from "pre-production" to "needs pickup".

This board lets me see easily what's getting made. How much of it's getting made. When the factory is supposed to finish production. Etc.

If a client asks when I'll have something in hand, it takes me less than a minute to pull up this board and tell them. This has been amazing for organization.

[​IMG]

Another thing that's amazing is that Trello let's you create:
    • Checklists,
    • Due Dates (so you know when something's coming in)
    • Attachments (so it's easier to reference important documents for an order)
    • Add Members (so they know what they need to know)
    • Comments (so you can quickly jot down important notes from the supplier, freight forwarder, etc.)
    Hope you guys find this as helpful as I did. If you have a better solution, or another tool that helps you a lot, then please share.

Jamie T, ZF Lee, Walter Hay and 6 others like this.
  2. Millenial_Kid5K1

Millenial_Kid5K1 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,837
    Very nice! I'll be bookmarking this for later!

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  3. Camilo Ardiles

Camilo Ardiles Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $469
    Amazing I used Trello in the past for some projects and is interesting how it can be used for SCM purposes. Thank you

ZF Lee and AgainstAllOdds like this.