The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E.COM-Quit Procrastinating and start executing ...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Views from hawaii for 2016 Laborday
20160904_081929.jpg

So many people said the 2 hurricanes this weekend would ruin the trip ,but they didnt even come lol ...

me vs risk 8 to 2 :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Views from hawaii for 2016 Laborday
View attachment 13105

So many people said the 2 hurricanes this weekend would ruin the trip ,but they didnt even come lol ...

me vs risk 8 to 2 :hurray:
Been following this thread silently for a while, looks like you're making great progress. Congrats man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Looks like i will be looking to hire my first person....graduate school ...2 jobs....running eCommerce stuff is really getting hard to keep up with everything

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
"Looks like i will be looking to hire my first person....graduate school ...2 jobs....running eCommerce stuff is really getting hard to keep up with everything"

How's it all coming??

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
midweek - april 13 2016
10PM - Just got off from my second job...

Ebay took down 2 of my listing...one because of my title lol...(dont mention like products)....2(don't grab other people pictures and use them) even if several other million people did the same thing....

my google ad was suspended ,but they said it was by accident....said my site was down when in fact it wasn't...they reinstated my account and I stopped the ad.

New amazon account made....taking pictures tonight to upload.(this time i have a mass amount of inventory.)
So on your Amazon store, you have to send your product to them? I also was told you have to place a sticker on each item?

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
midweek - april 13 2016
10PM - Just got off from my second job...

Ebay took down 2 of my listing...one because of my title lol...(dont mention like products)....2(don't grab other people pictures and use them) even if several other million people did the same thing....

my google ad was suspended ,but they said it was by accident....said my site was down when in fact it wasn't...they reinstated my account and I stopped the ad.

New amazon account made....taking pictures tonight to upload.(this time i have a mass amount of inventory.)
I have been selling on ebay for 18 years and they are never consistent, on some goods you have to put has used , even though it is new because of trademark infractions .

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
@sWALK90 great progress thread so far. I have a quick question. Did you open an actual business checking account or are you just using a separate personal checking account? Is there any branch you can recommend?
Back in the day I would spend alot of
Sunday night- still no sales but i am starting to see traffic..

View attachment 12653

Looks like ive had 17 visitors today... 2 added items to cart and 1 went to checkout but they didnt buy ..im assuming because my shipping was set high and it jacked the price up there. I have now switched to free shipping and emailed the user to buy with free shipping now...

Instagram is now at 723 followers..im expecting 800 by the end of the night.

This has def been a journey ...eBay is making maybe 50 a week now ..i haven't been focused on it really..

Still no paid ads or shout-outs ...but i have been lining them up and getting prices for them..
What is this Instagram and when you say paid ads how do you do that !

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
Hmm, not sure what happened.. great week though ...

May have found a new mentor, started grad school again, and this semester im taking graduate e-commence...b2b ...hopefully i can pick my professors brain enough to start a b2b business ..the first thing he said when we started class was thats where the money is lol ...b2b
Sometimes, some Professors who are teaching, have never been in the fire !

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Just read the whole thread I have been wanting to get back into ecommerce. I was starting to do good when they suspended my account from ebay as well a few years back and didnt look back into it again. But I believe it is time to hop back one, thank you for the motivation brother

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
"Looks like i will be looking to hire my first person....graduate school ...2 jobs....running eCommerce stuff is really getting hard to keep up with everything"

How's it all coming??

To others great, to me ....eh i'm making it...starting to lose momentum .. and starting to get lazy again like i lost my drive...dont get me wrong ..i'm well over 5 figures a month ,but now what... lol? kinda lost and repeating the same things every day, so on the side i have been doing parties\events again like when i was younger on the side..(see signature) but now that im in a bigger city i have to restart building myself as a brand

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
To others great, to me ....eh i'm making it...starting to lose momentum .. and starting to get lazy again like i lost my drive...dont get me wrong ..i'm well over 5 figures a month ,but now what... lol? kinda lost and repeating the same things every day, so on the side i have been doing parties\events again like when i was younger on the side..(see signature) but now that im in a bigger city i have to restart building myself as a brand

If you have the opportunity right now work even harder why not push yourself to make 6 figures a month, then invest that money into something that cashflows ? Like real estate ? Build a solid foundation, something that will take care of you in the future regardless if you work or not. Just my opinion @sWALK90

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
I have been selling on ebay for 18 years and they are never consistent, on some goods you have to put has used , even though it is new because of trademark infractions .
Thanks, didnt think about that

So on your Amazon store, you have to send your product to them? I also was told you have to place a sticker on each item?
If you do FBA in which i didnt...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
If you have the opportunity right now work even harder why not push yourself to make 6 figures a month, then invest that money into something that cashflows ? Like real estate ? Build a solid foundation, something that will take care of you in the future regardless if you work or not. Just my opinion @sWALK90

Im actually taking real estate classes now... and dropped out- grad school

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
May 1, 2015
Italy
View attachment 11733

Hello, been on the forums since i turned 25 last October ...it is now Tuesday, March 8th 2016

I have been reading and thinking about doing this and doing that but my excuse was that i wanted to wait until we finished building my house so i would have room for inventory. So i have a bunch of ideas in my head. Well we closed on it last month and moved in. I took a trip to the Bahama's to finally propose to my girlfriend of several years(valentines proposal lol). On the trip I found something that is sold in the states but not this "edition" so i bought a bunch of it.(dirt cheap) I told a few people about it and everyone was trying to buy them in person but I just wrote their name down.

I started reading and thinking of which ecomm platform to start building my site on and 2 weeks later I started to think to myself, damn im wasting a lot of time thinking!!!! I need execution!!!! I haven't made any money on anything...I was actually reaching out to other people and helping them out, teaching them what i learned and they were doubling on sales!..

I still haven't figured out what site to host my personal ecomm site on, im thinking shopify ,but i do have a list of people that want to buy at $100+ per item so i figured lets start making money.......

So last weekend I posted the item on Amazon. Woke up Monday and someone had purchased 2 for $204..it only took 20 mins to post it.. ...wow that was easy...Then i called two people from the list, bam another $204..they picked it up from me at work ...then by the time i got home i sold another on amazon. Total of $518 in one day and i only did a couple of hours of work.

View attachment 11732

So of course as i said i stumbled on this product so i wasn't really planning on going into business with it because i don't have to much of it ,but i could easily pick up some more on my next trip which will probably be Cozumel or somewhere around there.

I spent countless hours going through Alibaba and aliexpress looking for products to sell and decided to go with something i know very well and in fact use it at my job everyday. I was ordering a bulk order but decided to cancel it and order a bunch of samples from different places so i could test it out before i actually try to brand and sell it online. This market is very saturated ,but i think i may have a strong point in ways to sell and market it..along with up-sales..(read my AMA thread in my sig and you will understand). So i have ordered a few samples of 5 products with a couple of bulk orders that i could upsale last week.

While waiting on those i will start 6 Instagram pages, different niches that i could advertise to and hopefully convert to future sales...this week i will also try affiliate marketing out and see how well i do....im a web developer at my slow lane job and really think that would help out because i have a lot of freetime here...

Not to sure what im doing but at least im doing something instead of just thinking and talking about it!...
I will try to post progress updates and respond to questions as soon as possible. Feel free to offer any advice you have also :)

Take action today! Get out there and execute!
View attachment 11733

Hello, been on the forums since i turned 25 last October ...it is now Tuesday, March 8th 2016

I have been reading and thinking about doing this and doing that but my excuse was that i wanted to wait until we finished building my house so i would have room for inventory. So i have a bunch of ideas in my head. Well we closed on it last month and moved in. I took a trip to the Bahama's to finally propose to my girlfriend of several years(valentines proposal lol). On the trip I found something that is sold in the states but not this "edition" so i bought a bunch of it.(dirt cheap) I told a few people about it and everyone was trying to buy them in person but I just wrote their name down.

I started reading and thinking of which ecomm platform to start building my site on and 2 weeks later I started to think to myself, damn im wasting a lot of time thinking!!!! I need execution!!!! I haven't made any money on anything...I was actually reaching out to other people and helping them out, teaching them what i learned and they were doubling on sales!..

I still haven't figured out what site to host my personal ecomm site on, im thinking shopify ,but i do have a list of people that want to buy at $100+ per item so i figured lets start making money.......

So last weekend I posted the item on Amazon. Woke up Monday and someone had purchased 2 for $204..it only took 20 mins to post it.. ...wow that was easy...Then i called two people from the list, bam another $204..they picked it up from me at work ...then by the time i got home i sold another on amazon. Total of $518 in one day and i only did a couple of hours of work.

View attachment 11732

So of course as i said i stumbled on this product so i wasn't really planning on going into business with it because i don't have to much of it ,but i could easily pick up some more on my next trip which will probably be Cozumel or somewhere around there.

I spent countless hours going through Alibaba and aliexpress looking for products to sell and decided to go with something i know very well and in fact use it at my job everyday. I was ordering a bulk order but decided to cancel it and order a bunch of samples from different places so i could test it out before i actually try to brand and sell it online. This market is very saturated ,but i think i may have a strong point in ways to sell and market it..along with up-sales..(read my AMA thread in my sig and you will understand). So i have ordered a few samples of 5 products with a couple of bulk orders that i could upsale last week.

While waiting on those i will start 6 Instagram pages, different niches that i could advertise to and hopefully convert to future sales...this week i will also try affiliate marketing out and see how well i do....im a web developer at my slow lane job and really think that would help out because i have a lot of freetime here...

Not to sure what im doing but at least im doing something instead of just thinking and talking about it!...
I will try to post progress updates and respond to questions as soon as possible. Feel free to offer any advice you have also :)

View attachment 11733

View attachment 11732

Very inspiring thread man!
Rep transferred.

Can I ask what's your ROI?

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
Very inspiring thread man!
Rep transferred.

Can I ask what's your ROI?
Just do it ! I am trying to get out of my box. I have an item I will be selling very soon. I am getting it from my supplier whom I use to sell Stingray skins about about 10 years ago. We have a trust in our business, he ships I get, then I sell and send him the money. He has a product that I will be 1 of just 3 people in the USA that is selling . I have sold on eBay for 19-20 years. I want to do something different

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.