The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

e-buisness ideas?

Idea threads

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I currently sell on eBay at pretty low volumes. Any advice?

I'm looking to set up an e-business but I'm having trouble coming up with a concept. Is there anything that seems to work out well for a start-up project? Maybe products with a particularly high margin?

This might have been covered elsewhere on the forum that I haven't been able to find, if that's the case, maybe someone could direct me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
M

magicmax

I had a neighbour in Montreal who used to buy plates for $5 each from China, and sold them [in bulk] at $50 each. Now that's margin! I still shake my head at this though - the guy's whole fortune came from having a contact in China. My suggestion to you would be to take a trip to rural China. If the language or politics bother you, go to India. In 2010 India will be the largest English speaking country in the world. Find at least one product that you could exploit on ebay.

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Thanks man! That's a great idea! I love that kind of margin. They have to be some kind of specialty plate, right? Do you know the specifics on what kind of thing tends to work out the best?

Also, I plan on eventually going to china and india. Have you ever been there?

Think

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 18, 2008
Dear Elliott: I have been to China on Business . Wonderful people. Perhaps I can answer some questions you have. What areas are you interested in finding out about?
Think

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
lol did I honestly say "This has might have been..."?

That's to say you think eBay is "slow lane"? I'd suppose that someone could do better with their own page and paying for their own traffic. But I always like the idea that I could find a new supplier everyday and start selling a whole new type of product.

Johnhanry

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2008
Select the products which are useful for daily routine that will be helpful in starting a business, later go for a much better products. Craig's list is another process in seo where you can sell your products in a easy way.

cfittowin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 26, 2009
Boston
There are 300 million online users in China. That is roughly the entire population of the U.S. The language barrier is a given, but finding the right product which can be mass produced and sold online could be very successful campaign. At this point I am trying to identify trends over there which can be the focus of an online business. There are actually websites out there which will help U.S. companies by basically translating your site into Chinese and putting the web page on Chinese servers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.