The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dont Read This Thread If You Are Older Than 25

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
Gday domifreezy

To answer your questions.

1) I am an 18 year old from Australia who is passionate about business!!

2) My situation is I have just finished school and am currently continuing work on my business. I started it as a learning project and it is doing quite well and have learnt heaps but there is a lot more that I plan to do to take it forward.

3) My goal is to have financial freedom and I plan to accomplish that by building up a business and investing so as to create a passive income that will support my desired lifestyle.

Personally I love reading as well and as @jpanarra said action is the most important thing. I find with my business if there is something that I want to improve, then I can read up on it and that way the knowledge is relevant and applicable.

As Dale Carnegie said, "knowledge isn't power until it's applied"

Best of luck with your fastlane business!

Welcome aboard, Bro"!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
  • Who are you? Im 20 and i work as a software developer
  • What is your actual situation? I work at a food distribution company as a software developer and I'm pretty underpaid, went through my first failed business and it hit me with analysis paralysis, but im back on track now
  • What are your goals? free by 25

MR curious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 20, 2017
india
1) 16 yr old from india.
2)studing in +1 commerce ,I have read mfl and in search of fl business.
I read books on business and watch motivation videos and get pumped up but never took action on them .I know I have to change my mindset and habits something pull me back and stop me from taking action.
3)I have found a business idea (but it break commandment of entry ). so I think I have to find another business idea and execute it well.

salopinheiro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 23, 2017
Salvador
I am from Brazil. 23 years old.
Last year in Business College
I have a startup of Outbound Marketing solution for tradicional industries. Our main client made a venture capital proposition. We are about to acept.
My goal is financial freedom, iam going to reach close to 28.
Something like a 20kk Net Worth

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wonder if this kind of reverse psychology technique, when applied to e-commerce pages, will actually work.

E.g. In the product page, instead of "Add to Cart" and "Buy Now", you would use "Do not add to Cart" and a big fat "DO NOT BUY".....

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
I want to create a thread for young fastlaners like me.
So no matter if you're 16 oder 24, feel free to join this thread.
There is just one rule:
You have to answer 3 simple questions:

• Who are you? Introduce yourself to us!
  • What is your actual situation? Are you going to school, working? How is your fastlane business atm?
  • What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
For the beginning I will answer those questions by myself.

I'm 18 years old and from germany. At the moment I'm studiyng to finish my A-Levels in the next two months.
But I'm actually a bad student because instead of learning for school I spent my time on reading books like The Millionaire Fastlane .
Or taking courses on edx.org oder Udemy.

At the moment I'm validating some fastlane ideas.
I had some experience in the last summer, when I created my own lifestyleblog which had about 20.000 visitors in the first 3 weeks.
But in the past I couldn't figure out how to monetarise my blog. (Yeah I know Adwords and Affiliate Marketing, but that sucks.)

After school I'm going to university to study marketingmanagement oder something in that direction.
But I'll continue working on my fastlane business at the same time.

For the next weeks my tasks will be:
  • Studying (Chemics,Politics,Englisch and German)
  • Reading (At the moment "The Intelligent Investor")
  • Researching (To find a business idea and the right market for it)
What about you?

1. Hello! I’m 22 years old. From NYC but I live in Kansas City now. I want to become a real estate investor.
2. Finished college a year ago. Decided to take some extra classes so I could become a PA but I’ve spent the past year learning real estate, fixing houses and doing odd jobs. I also manage a property and helped my landlord het renters.
3. Become a real estate developer and be financially free.

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
# 1, im 28 years old... so Im posting in this thread so you dont make the same mistake as I do.

Studying- BS degree in chemistry myself... read tons of things... didnt make money
Reading - one of my most favorite things to do.. i could read to no end... didnt make money
Researching- MY GOD! The worst thing i did to myself was researching, I researched everything from A-Z only to jump to another topic and research more! -STILL DIDNT MAKE MONEY!!

one thing you should do today.. is to TAKE ACTION!

SELL SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING! TRY TO GET A DOLLAR IN YOUR POCKET BY THE END OF THE WEEK! HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE IT!

the three things you mentioned is all a form of action faking without a clear goal or proof of concept, do something then study, read, research so you can better yourself at it.

Thank you!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't think I ever made a formal introduction on this forum, so I guess I will do so now... one year later.

I am 22 years old, studying to become a Physical Therapist. Most, if not all of my classmates are all heading down the same path, to work at a hospital or own their own Physical Therapy clinic(they think this is the proper way to run a successful business... I would disagree.) My goals are slightly different from the rest, where I plan to either run home-care service within the healthcare area or invent/redesign underdeveloped technology within the healthcare/Physical Therapy setting.

Currently I am working on inventing my first product(totally different field,) we are on the final stages of prototyping as I have already designed the prototype using 3D printing and free computer software that my library offered. This will be first official business, although I quickly failed at many things due to a lack for thinking through the process and missing clear hurtles that would be incredibly difficult for a college student to overcome.

Although I am in a Doctorates program, midway through my graduate program I create time to work on my business. I can always wake up earlier or go to sleep later, or work during my lunch break just to move forward.

My best suggestion(although my knowledge is limited) is to think rationally about your business choice. If you are going to school, work within your limitations. Don't set yourself up for failure before you even begin. For example, you live at college... don't think about starting a mushroom(not illegal mushrooms xD) growing business... you need a dedicated space for that and a college dorm room is not the place.

Yes.

I did try this only 2 years ago. That failed hard.

Taking action is important as well. Listen to @jpanarra and what he had to say.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I opened the thread just because of the title (I am over 25) - well played but I can see it was unintentional ;)

Michał Kóska

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 10, 2015
The under 25 title is catchy, I'm 26 so illegal here lol. I think you can learn more from 'old farts' on this forum rather than young people who may not have any experience. Your choice and welcome to the forum :)

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
When I see a sign saying "Don't walk on the grass", the first thought that pops into my head is Richard Gere walking on the grass in Pretty Woman. I suddenly want to take off my shoes and socks and walk on the grass. Maybe they should have said "Walk on the pavement" ?

I always wonder about those signs that say: "In the event of a fire, don't use the lifts". Surely when there's a fire and you're panicking then all you're going to see are "fire" and "use the lifts". Maybe they should say "In the event of fire, use the stairs" ?

Tell my kids not to run and I'll end up telling them not to hop, then not to skip, then not to dance, until I finally remember to tell them to walk.

Just some tips on park management, fire safety, and getting young and grown-up kids to do what you want instead of what you don't want.

TL;DR?

Don't tell people what you don't want them to do.

Oops.

Tell people what you want them to do.

I believe this is so powerful stuff that it needs to be quoted and read again.

Oh, and I'm 34. Screw your rules.

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
I want to create a thread for young fastlaners like me.
So no matter if you're 16 oder 24, feel free to join this thread.
There is just one rule:
You have to answer 3 simple questions:

• Who are you? Introduce yourself to us!
  • What is your actual situation? Are you going to school, working? How is your fastlane business atm?
  • What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
If you old timers (me included) are going to hijack this poor kids thread you should at least answer the three questions. You guys would be the first to point out if someone broke the Forum rules. With age comes wisdom but I don't see where he was looking for any advice.

I am a washed up ski bum.

Working on getting my first product into testing.

Stop trading 5 for 2.

Last edited:

Lars.F

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I`m 19 years old and also from Germany.

I currently work as trainee and after that i want to study international business studies.

I spent most of my free time with reading books and doing research (listening to peoples problems, reading comments on the internet etc.).

My goal is to have full control over my time (Making money is not the first thing on my list).

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
While I'm here, I do have a business-related question for this demographic:
What social networks do you all use?
I've heard that Facebook is no longer cool and Musical.ly is the new thing, but would love to learn more about other social platforms!

Good question. Interested in this as well... Can't seem to catch up with all the new stuff myself.

I think you're right about Facebook, it seems to have been "out" for a while now.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
What social networks do you all use?
I've heard that Facebook is no longer cool and Musical.ly is the new thing, but would love to learn more about other social platforms!

Instagram Instagram Instagram. Especially if your product is visual and catered towards the younger crowd.
Based on my IG analytics, visitors are mostly teens to 34 yrs old.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.